Chapter 4: Manipulation

Death Note: Revelations
Please log in to read the full chapter

__________CHAPTER 4: Manipulation___________

After school, Sergio walked through the aisles of the grocery store and stopped at the fruit section. "OH!" Zinji looked at the Apples lustingly. "Yeah yeah, these are the ones!" He yelled excitedly. Sergio nodded and grabbed 2 bags of apples. "You know, all Shinigami love apples. Even the Shinigami King." Zinji said as he followed close behind floating in the air staring intensely at the apples Sergio held. Yeah, You already told me. And I'll be able to use that to my advantage.

I have a new path to get to my house because the cameras the way I usually go are most likely monitored and I don't want my body shape to be too familiar to the police. As Sergio approaches his house, he sees 3 cars in the driveway of his house. The Special Provision for Kira. That must be L. "Heh, looks like somebody's in trouble" Zinji sneered. Dammit, this is the last thing I need. "Is there any immediate way for me to get rid of the Death Note?" Zinji's eyes traced Sergio's face. "Yeah there is, you can get rid of ownership of the Death Note. But you lose all memories of the Death Note and can't see me until you touch the Death Note itself." Sergio had a concerned look. So if I relinquish the Death Note, I won't remember. That's terrible that would mean that I can't be Kira anymore and that would be suspicious that the killings just stop. Not only that but do I really wanna sacrifice everything I've worked for just for this? What if it means nothing at all? Sergio sighed. "Zinji, that's a hard bargain. That will mean I lose everything." Zinji smiled. "Well, Figure it out then heh heh." Sergio clenched his fists. Dammit, this move has me cornered, L wouldn't expect to me counter this in any way. It's a perfect plan. Search the house, then me. No, no I won't go down without a fight. There is a way I can outsmart this. "Fine, but I want you to take these bags of apples, and don't eat any" Zinji frowned. "; And then somehow bargain a Death Note with them with a Shinigami, preferably the Shinigami King himself. After that give my Death Note to my neighbor Alex. Then, give me the Death note you bargained for after a week. Tell him that if he gives the Death note up to the authorities then you will write his name in the Notebook. And tell him to write new names of criminals every day, at least 10. Tell him if he does not comply, he dies." Zinji looked utterly shocked. "Well... That was confusing as hell, but sure why not? So bargain with the Shinigami King to get another Death Note and then give your Death Note to your neighbor Alex. Heh, he's a nice guy. But what's in it for me?" Sergio smirked. "Trust me, this will be fun. Plus, I'll get you your own bag of apples if you successfully carry out my plan Zinji" Zinji Grined. "Deal, now just say 'I release it' and it'll be gone." This plan can work. I have a couple of criminals that will die in the next week, so it perfectly aligns. As long as nothing drastic happens my plan should work. Should I do this? Yes, it's the only way to get out of this. This plan will succeed, you are not getting the better of me L.

"I release it."

Zinji smiled. "See you later, Sergio." Suddenly Sergios eyes widened and was confused. "Wha... Why are there so many cars? Dammit, I need to get home to get on my homework!" Sergio grabbed his bag and ran to his house door. Weird, I can't remember what I was just doing. Eh, don't matter. Sergio opened the front door and was greeted by his father and a couple of men with their faces covered by helmets. They were startled by the sight of Sergio and pulled out their guns when Paul yelled at them. "HEY! Stop it! That's my son, he's fine!" The men all nodded in unison, grabbed Sergio by the arms, and took his bag. "Dad?! What's going on?" Sergio's father sighed and shrugged. After thoroughly checking Sergio's bag, the men asked for his phone. "Oh yes, of course." Sergio handed them his phone and they opened it by using the face scan. After around 20 minutes they concluded that the house and Sergio were not suspicious. "Thank you for your cooperation. Have a great day." One man said and they all walked out of the house. "Thank god they finally left." Sergio sighed. "So what was that even about?" Paul grunted and had a serious expression on his face. "Well, If I have to be honest, L invited me to join the SPK. But he had to do a thorough investigation of our house. At least, that's what I was told." Sergio's face lit up. "So... You're going to be a detective again?" He hasn't even talked about crime since Mom died, and I remember Mom was a part of this SPK. "Well, it's a big decision. But Ultimately this School thing just isn't for me. I wanna help solve cases and bring justice. The right way." Sergio nodded and looked at his father with much enthusiasm. Sergio looked at his dad and smiled. "I'm proud of you, dad." Paul looked at his son with a grateful smile. "Thank you, son. You don't understand how happy that makes me." Sergio hugged his father and embraced the love of his father. My son... Loves me again. Maybe now that I took this job he'll keep acting like this. Sergio gave his father a tighter squeeze before walking upstairs and doing homework. He reached his door and got his StudyBuddy Notesheet out. Time to study, listen to music, and shake off what happened. He grabbed a pencil and started to work.

___________

Please log in to read the full chapter