Chapter 2: Then there was light

Death Note: Revelations
Please log in to read the full chapter

               ______Chapter 2: Then There Was Light______

It had been 2 weeks since I wrote in the Notebook. I started with one woman, Brooklynn Meyer, but it soon turned into over 80 names, all major criminals infesting the US were killed from heart attacks. It didn't take long for the U.S. government to realize that a new 'Kira' was inside the U.S. now. But it's what I wanted. I needed criminals and this corrupted government to realize that another Kira is taking the burden to kill these people infesting the United States. I'll start here, then slowly work my way to other countries. And with this Death Note, I'm virtually untouchable. As I- 

"Sergio, are we paying attention?" The teacher asked with a stern face. Sergio sighed and nodded. "Yes, sorry Mr. Pattson. What is it that you need me to recite?" Mr.Pattson sighed "How can you be such a great student and not focus in class? I need your smarts A-S-A-P!" The entire class chuckled and Sergio just shrugged. "Anyways, please recite the following passage on page 109" Sergio flipped to the page in his textbook and looked around nervously. Deep breath in... "He who reigns within himself and rules passions, desires, and fears is more than a king." Deep breath out.

___________________________________________

Near, once again, sat in his cold solitude. He was sitting playing with blocks while twirling his hair. *RING RING, RING RING* Hmm, it must be Matsuda updating me on the Kira case. Near answered his phone and was immediately greeted by the shouting voice of Matsuda. "Near-Sorry, L; there's been hundreds of deaths across the world, especially America though. " Near twirled his hair, a smile crossing his face. "Hm, so Harrison passed the Death Note off to someone else. That's why when we apprehended him he was so clueless about our questions." Near scratched his head and yawned. "Wow, that's a great deduction. Everyone else was thinking he was playing dumb or something, but that makes a lot more sense!" Near sighed and twirled his hair a bit more vigorously. "Well Detective Matsuda, furthermore I think it's safe to assume that this... Let's call him Z Kira. This Z Kira obviously must reside in America because most of the heart attacks are happening in America itself." Matsuda chuckled a bit "Wow Near, Sorry L; you're making things easy now! But how will we track it down to who it is?" Near scoffed at this and smirked. "Well, Matsuda, that's fairly easy. We simply check the surveillance cameras of LA, which is where we had the previous Kira cornered, and look for the Shinigami and where he headed to give the Notebook away to a new owner. That will pinpoint where and in what region we have to look for Kira. We'll simply just send our police force to every house in what region of LA he was in, have them thoroughly searched, and keep a camera on the sheriffs to see if there's any Shinigami around a human." Matsuda could do nothing be stay quiet. "Wow... Okay, well, we'll get straight on that okay Near, Sorry I meant L. I keep doing that apologies" Near grabbed a tablet and changed some settings "Hello?" Matsuda asked questioningly. "Oh, sorry. I forgot. Goodbye Matsuda, thank you for the information as well as for acting on my behalf." Matsuda chuckled. "Of course L, goodbye" and the phone hung up. The only way I can track down Kira is by finding the videotapes... And by doing that I must have permission to access such videos. If I find these videos, it's almost an automatic win on my side. And my detective career can finally end. I can't help but think what L told the whammy house many years ago. I was a child, yet I knew I was different. I was smarter. I was more intelligent. And I was a liar. That's what L told us. The one thing he's afraid of. Lying monsters, they're much more intelligent and cunning. He said 'In truth, I am that monster'. I can never shake off the feeling that I can never live up to L, as if I'm nothing more than just a mere replica in place of him. Is that what I want for my life? I haven't experienced Love, affection, or friendship. Just calculations, and expected to perform. That is why this is the end of my story—the end of L, Kira, Near. There will be nothing; but Nate River and the world.

___________________________________________________________

This note shall become the property of the human world once it touches the ground of (arrives in) the human world.

____________________________________________________________

Sergio sat in his room, glaring at the photo of him and his mother. Holding hands frolicking in the forests of the Sequoia parks. She left this earth because of murder. People Kill and don't feel pain. People suffer, and others like seeing that happen. Others bully and feel good. It's people like this, people like this that are nothing but vermin- they do nothing but cause mayhem, and manipulate. They're animals. And I'll kill every single one. I don't care if I die, I'll kill all of them with my own hands if I have to. It's in the name of justice. People die from evil across the globe, and Kira contained that. I've been chosen... No.... I've been rightfully judged and I will be the one to carry on the burden of Kira. 

"Sergio?" 

Dammit, my dad.  Sergio ran out the door, walking downstairs. "Yea, Dad?"  Sergio's father was tired, with dark eye bags, and an overpowering slouch. He looked up at Sergio

Please log in to read the full chapter