Meet again

Mess it up.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

In a single room, Jimin and the Chae sisters sat on the bench, watching as the girl's mother talked to the oldest of the teens.

 

 

Clipboard in hand, Jeongyeon spun the pen around her thumb as she bent down, looking Chaeyeon in her eyes, moving the pen left and right infront of the red haired dancer. 

 

 

"So just overall pain, a little headache, and feeling abit woozy?" Jeongyeon's voice doesn't fully register to the patient, Chaeyeon blinking slowly for a few moments before the question finally reaches her mind, processing properly.

 

 

"O-oh, yeah...I just feel abit- floating." A nod, the finger that moves infront of Chaeyeon's face is put down before the doctor turned back to her daughter.

 


"She'll be fine, we didn't have to do any stitches, we just glued her wound back together. You're really lucky the cut wasn't too deep, Chaeyeon ah. Are you sure you don't want to...call the cops? Anyone that can help you?" The doctor's brows scrunches, a topic she didn't like talking about with the sister's who'd consistently refused help for the past 10 years.

 

 

"He's still our father...and he hasn't hurt anyone other than me. I-it's fine."

 

 

"I'll get back to the event for now, text me if you need anything, okay?" With that, Jimin's mother exits the hospital room, leaving the trio staring at the red headed dancer once more.

 

 

" Unnie, are you okay?" A nod that leads to a wince, that leads to Chaeyeon bringing a hand up to her wound, that leads to another wince, Jimin running to her and holding down her hands onto the bed in a hurry.

 

 

"Don't touch, don't touch." Blowing a cooling wind onto the reddened surroundings of the bandage, Jimin rubbed the older girls hands softly, soothing the pain.

 

 

" Chaeryeong, where are we?" There's a pause in the room at the ridiculousness of the question before Chaemin takes a deep breath, sighing.

 

 

"Hospital."

 

 

"Oh. Why am I in the hospital?" The question raises alarm bells in the girl's heads-

 

 

"MA-" "DR YOO-" Hands race to the door, intending to call for the practitioner.

 

 

"I was joking. I was talking normally man, my heads definitely still pounding though. Wonky, feels weird." The girl's shoulders deflate before their cheeks are huffed in anger.

 

 

"Not funny!" Chaeryeong says between tears, the anxiety that washed over her having been too much for her to handle.

 

 

"Oh my god, Lee Chaeyeon you- Chaemin, the tissues besides you, pass me some?" The pieces of white are patted all over Chaeryeong's face before another set of knocks come behind the door.

 

 

Stepping away from the bed, Jimin's eyes furrowed at the sight of the Lee sister's father, still slightly inebriated.

 

 

"Lee Chaeyeon, nice ing room you have here; how much did it cost?" The man walks closer to the patient, stopped only by a hand on his chest, belonging to Jimin who stares him down.

 

 

"- that's my kid, who do you think you are?" His voice, rough and crass as he slapped the girl's hand away.

 

 

"Get up, you need to go to work already." He grabs Chaeyeon's arms, an attempt to pull her out the bed. The sight of which sends Jimin pulling the back of his collar roughly, sending him onto the cold hospital floor.

 


Chaeryeong runs up to stand between the man and her sister, shielding the older teen with her body, arms slightly spread apart.

 

 

"WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING!?" The man's buttocks are flat on the floor with Jimin towering over him when a few nurses barge into the room, gasping at the sight before them.

 

 

The staff members of the hospital all knew Karina; and even with her reputation of looking mean and having a resting '' face, the girl had never been violent.

 

 

Even when protestors had started gathering outside the hospital when a scandal about the director broke out, and an enraged family member had thrown an egg on Karina's new coat; Karina only bowed in apology, wiping off the egg's fluids before walking into the building.

 

 

So the sight infront of them was, for the lack of a better term. Unfamiliar.

 

 

Jaw clenched, hands held in fists, eyes glaring daggers into the old man on the floor. 
 

 

 

A Karina none of the nurses had seen before.

 

 

" She needs to work to pay back what their of a mom took from me!!" The man flails around on the ground, trying to stand back up; clearly inebriated.

 

 

"Jim, it's fine...It's not that bad, I can-" Chaeyeon pulls the blanket off her legs, an attempt at sliding herself off the hospital bed was made, stopped only by a nurse who rushed to her side, pressing lightly down on her shoulders to keep the red haired dancer in the bed.

 

 

"Shut up and sit back down." Pulling her wallet out the dresses side pocket, Jimin grabbed every note within it before throwing it in the man's lap, the yellow pieces of paper fluttering through the air as they gently floated to the ground.

 

 

"Get out of my face." There's a certain venom in the way Jimin speaks the words, a venom that runs down the man's back as he got on all fours.
 

 

(did I just wanna write a kdrama money throw thing? Maybe.) 

 

 

Looks of disdain are cast on the man who gathers the scattered yellow notes, stuffing them roughly in his pockets before running out of the room, pushing past a few nurses.
 

 

" Disgusting." The back of the man vanishes into the hallway before Jimin sits on the chair besides the bed, sighing, rubbing her temples, stressed.

 

 

" Your father is pathetic." The shift of tone from when they were alone was drastic, leaving the two Lee sisters who had never seen Jimin like this confused, looking towards each other.

 

 

"Yeah well... our mom abandoned us 3 with him. Can't blame her though, working to support 3 children and 1 man child isn't...fun." Chaeyeon bows in thanks to the nurse who smiles at her, pressing down on the tape of the bandage that had lifted a little from the previous movement before finally leaving the room, leaving the four girls alone once again

 

 

"Can't he go work?" An eye roll, Jimin's wrist going limp, as if what she was saying was common sense.

 


It was...Just not for the three sisters.

 

 

" He could never hold down a job, who even wants to hire someone who stinks of alcohol 24/7? " A sigh, Chaeyeon looks down to her fingers, picking at her hangnails.

 


A blink.

 

 

Two.

 

 

"Oh, I think that gave me so much of a headache my concussion went away." The statement comes out so suddenly the trio can't help but to chuckle, the atmosphere of the room brightening slightly 

 

 

"Guess that's the only good thing he'd be able to give you, recovery from a concussion." As the chuckles lull to a stop, a grumble cuts in instead. 

 

 

Chaemin hurriedly holds her stomach, cheeks flushing red as she looked away from the three older women, staring at the ceiling as if she had no idea what was happening.

 

 

"Hahahaha, sorry Chaemin-ah, I forgot we haven't had dinner yet." Quickly, Chaeryeong reached into her recycle bag, pulling out her wallet. 

 

 

"Unnie, I'll bring Chaemin to go eat first." The oldest Chae only nodded, looking back towards her phone, texting someone.

 

 

"I'll bring them to the event, there's food there." Chaeyeon only hums, agreeing before Jimin follows the two younger sisters out.

 

 

"There's free food in the other building, let's go!" Holding Chaeryeong's shoulders and forming a train, Jimin waddled their way over to the lifts, the scene shocking a few of the nurses who had been passed on the way.

 

 

" Jimin unnie, about your gift..." A glance at the younger girl who turns around, a face of guilt and shyness evident on her face as she glances upwards at the older woman.

 

 

"Ah, don't worry, I'll get a new one for you." 

 

 

"Nonono, it's just that I lost it- there's no nee-"

 

 

" I want to, also it's a good luck charm, what's the point of

Please log in to read the full chapter