Karina Yu?

Mess it up.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

To the media and well, any body she's not close with that doesn't have access to her school or private life, Jimin was Karina Yoo. A name decided upon by her parents, derived from her baptismal name, Katarina.

 

 

And well, at events much like this one, which, by the way, she hates attending. She would be introduced as her, in a way, 'stage name'

 

 

So when an a woman in her 40's is infront of her, smiling at her as if she was her very own blood, Jimin, despite her unfounded want to become closer with the woman, introduces herself as Karina Yoo.

 

 

"Karina? Bu-...no, it's a pretty name, it fits you." The woman smiles gummily towards her, Jimin, despite it being their first meeting, feels a sense of familiarity with the older woman. She feels safe.

 

 

" Thank you, miss..?" Jimin tilts her head as she slouches forward, meeting the eyes of the woman dressed in pure black, a jewelled dress along with a black blazer, black heels and a choker around her neck, a simple cloth one.

 

 

The woman gave off an aura of elegance, but not in an intimidating way, it was subtle, but it almost made the woman...cuddly.

 

 

"Miss Kim."  And just when the two bow to each other, a sign of their conversation coming to an end, the lights of the event hall shut closed.

 

 

The temporary spotlights are pointed towards the temporary stage, Jimin's father in the middle of it all, smiling, microphone in hand. A nod.

 

 

" Thank you all for gathering, really. This new research and development building is aimed towards the improvement of treatments for heart related ailments, even the obscure, rare ones. I'd like to thank our investors personally. You've made all this possible, I won't dissapoint... Now I'm sure you didn't come here just to listen to me talk about such mundane things, enjoy the food and let me introduce to you the brilliant minds that will lead this new venture of ours." A flood of white coated professionals make their way onto stage, Jimin's father introducing each of them to the audience.

 

 

The audience fades back into conversation, no one truly that interested in assistant researchers. The main ones were enough. Besides, Jimin already knew all of them already. Miss Kim smiles once again, slightly nodding her head towards Jimin.

 

 

" I shouldn't bore you out, making you entertain such an old woman. Have fun, Karina, if you see my daughter, go tell her to stop eating sweets for me?" The woman walks away before Jimin is able to ask who the womans daughter is, leaving the young lady standing by the wall.

 

 

Jimin's mothers voice fades into her mind

 

 

" Stop being a wallflower at every event! You're so pretty, go talk to people!" And just as Jimin looks up from her shoes, she sees her mom standing on stage in a white coat, infront of the other doctors, staring at her.

 

 

Guess it's not just my imagination then.

 

 

Mouthing a 'I got it, I got it!' at the woman, Jimin walks over to a small gathering of people she guessed were her age.

 

 

A man stands surrounded, laughing politely at everyone talking to him. Nope, seems like too much effort.

 

 

Another gathering is of her father's friends, I don't wanna deal with being introduced to their children.

 

 

About to give up on her search of new friends, Jimin turns back to the previous wall she was leaning against, a quartet of girls standing where she was previously.

 

 

 Maybe..?

 

 

Walking up to the girls, Jimin becomes relieved when one of the two tall girls suddenly chortle, falling forward in laughter. Oh thank god they're not .

 

 

"Wait- seriously?! THAT'S SUCH a Minju ga tto thing to do! HAHAHA" The tall girls claps her hands together, resembling a seal.

 

 

It was a little bit of an awkward situation to join in the conversation, but with her mother's eyes glaring daggers into the back of her head, Jimin could only give in to fate, just hoping the girl's wouldn't be too weirded out by her intrusion.

 

 

" Hi, sorry, mind if I join you? My mothers been nagging my ear off about not socialising-" The group of girls immediately look over, scanning Jimin from head to toe.

 

 

" You're Chaewon's type." A beat, Jimin finds herself uncomfortable with the atmosphere created.

 

 

" No she's not! ...Well- Anyway, I'm Chaewon, Kim." The surname sounds familiar, Jimin wonders if she was the sweets obsessed daughter of the previous madam she was speaking to. She shakes the thought away, citing to herself the amount of Kim's she'd run into on a daily basis. 

 

 

If each and every female Kim was eating sweets to the point their parent's got worried, south korean dentists would be the number one thriving industry.

 

 

" Karina Yu, it's nice to meet you." The glint of recognition that flashes through the four girl's eyes already tell Jimin she didn't have to introduce herself further, thanks to the giant banner over head with her father's full name in bold.

 

 

"Im Kim Minju, please don't listen to Yuri or Yujin, I'm not clumsy all the time." The other tall girl, p

Please log in to read the full chapter