Azi

Deal: Special Chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, don’t shake her that much.”

 

“But she needs to wake up now!”

 

“But still, take it easy.”

 

Azi groaned at the muffled voices surrounding her. She moves her head, irritated by the sun rays that hit her eyes.

 

“Amethyst? Amethyst, wake up now! Hurry!” Elton says, shaking the girl to wake her up. He knows the girl hates it when someone disturbs her sleep but that doesn't matter right now when excitement is all he can feel for today’s Christmas.

 

“Tsk, move,” The hot-headed, short-tempered Kiel said when Azi still hadn't woken up.

 

Before Kiel can even do something, she is interrupted by Elijah. “Let me,” he calmly says.

 

“Amethyst,” Elijah calls, softly as he taps Azi’s shoulder gently, “Wake up, sunshine.”

 

A few more seconds when Azi’s eyes finally opened, making Elton squeal.

 

“Shush,” Kiel says to Elton, but then again, Elton doesn’t give a single care about it.

 

“Hey, Mom is waiting for you in the bathroom. We’ll wait for you downstairs with Dad, okay? Get up now.” Elijah explains to the girl who's just woken up, still processing what’s happening.

 

“Hurry up, hurry up! Dad says we’ll go to many places today!” Elton excitedly says.

 

Azi, who was still feeling groggy, didn’t have a choice but to stand up and go to the bathroom where her mother’s waiting to bath her.

 

“Hi, sweetheart, Merry Christmas!” her mother, Eleanor, greeted with a warm smile plastered on her face. 

 

Azi approached her and kissed her on the cheeks, “Merry Christmas, Mom!”

 

After taking a bath, Azi and her mother went downstairs, greeted by her father, Stone, fixing the wheel of fortune, and her three siblings: Kiel who has no expressions at all, Elton who is very energetic, and Elijah, who helps their father.

 

“Oh, there’s my Amethyst!” their father exclaimed, rushing to hug Azi and spin her in the air. The latter cannot help but squeal at the action.

 

After putting her down, their father went back to the side of the wheel of fortune. “First of all, Merry Christmas to the four of you.”

 

“Merry Christmas, Dad!” the quadruplets greeted in unison.

 

“So, last night, me and your mom asked you to write the places you wanted to go to for today, right? And all of them are listed here.” Stone says, presenting the wheel of fortune he made, “What we are going to do now is each one of you will spin this wheel and wherever it stops, we’re going to go there. Are we clear?” The four answered “yes” in unison again.

 

“Ivory, you go first. Come here, sweetie.” Stone says, inviting Kiel to come over.

 

Kiel spins the wheel that is half taller than her. The nonchalant Kiel was nowhere to be found when the wheel stopped at one of the places where she had written last night. The Rink at Rockefeller Center.

 

It was then Azi’s turn to spin the wheel. She was silently praying she’d get the place she anticipated the most but got disappointed when it landed at a place that Elton wrote. She was the one who spun it, but someone else was happy with the result.

 

“Don’t frown, baby. Maybe Sapphire or Topaz will get yours. Don’t lose hope yet.” Eleanor said, comforting the girl.

 

When it was Elton’s turn, Azi watched attentively, hoping Elton would get it, but got disappointed again when he got Elijah’s.

 

Elijah, who notices that Azi’s on the verge of crying, whispers to their father, “Dad if I won’t get the place Azi wants, can you spin it again secretly to make it look like I won hers?”

 

Stone, being the proud father he is, ruffled Elijah’s hair, “What a good boy you are. Alright, alright. I’ll do it. You can trust me on it.”

 

Azi, who already lost hope, didn’t bother to pay attention to whatever result Elijah might get. She bowed her head, swinging her little legs.

 

When Elijah spun the wheel, it landed on one of the places Azi wrote, but it isn’t Azi’s favorite. He then signaled to his father and Stone got it, spinning the wheel a little more secretly ‘til it lands on Holiday Train Show at Grand Central Terminal.

 

Eleanor gasps, “Look, baby, Topaz got yours.”

 

It caught Azi’s attention and raised her head immediately. She was greeted by her father and brother who were smiling widely at her.

 

“Aww,” Kiel whined as Azi squealed next to her.

 

Azi couldn’t contain her happiness and joined Elton as they held hands and jumped around the living room.

 

Stone chuckled, “Shall we go already?”

 

“Yes!” Azi and Elton said, while Kiel and Elijah just nodded.

 

“Okay, okay. Tope and Sapphie, go to your mom. Ivory and Amy, come here.” their father said. They come in pairs whenever they go out and their partners change every time to make sure their parents pay equal attention to each one of them.

 

“What about Audi, Yuwell, and Gerald? They’re not coming with us?” Azi asks as they walk outside of their house.

 

“They are spending their day with their families, baby, so no, they can’t come with us. Maybe tomorrow?” their father answered.

 

“I don’t want to go there. Grandpa doesn’t like us.” Kiel answered. Stone and Eleanor exchanged glances, feeling sad that at a very young age, they already knew what it felt to not want their presence around.

 

It is one of Azi’s prayers. She hopes that one day, their Grandpa will accept them with open arms like how he is with his other grandchildren.

 

After eating breakfast at a fast food restaurant, they went to watch Santa’s Secret at Hudson Yard, Elton’s chosen place.

 

Elton has a sunshine-vibey personality that if you would bring him to a comedy bar, he would die out of laughter. He takes things positively and is always all smiley.

 

As usual, Kiel, with her usual calm demeanor, silently enjoys the show, although her face doesn’t show it. Elijah, on the other hand, had a subtle reaction, showing just a hint of amusement. But it was Azi and Elton who truly stole the spotlight with their contagious excitement. Their faces lit up with joy, and their laughter and claps filled the air, adding an extra layer of liveliness to the scene.

 

Their difference in reaction tells so much how different they are from each other.

 

After watching the show, they went to Grand City Terminal to watch the Holiday Train Show, Azi’s chosen place.

 

Azi is a little girl with a big love for trains and all kinds of vehicles. She's always been a curious kid, constantly wondering how these amazing machines work and how they move. Having two brothers who are obsessed with watching videos about cars only fueled her curiosity even more.

 

Whenever Azi and her family go to a store, she would go straight to the toys section, specifically in search of cars. It's like a magnet pulling her towards those miniature vehicles, and she can spend hours examining each one, imagining herself behind the wheel, and envisioning exciting adventures.

 

“Dad, how do vehicles move?” Azi asks, eyes fixed at the trains.

 

“Hmm, so, you know how vehicles have wheels, right? Well, those wheels are really special because they help the vehicle move. When a vehicle wants to go forward, the wheels start spinning. Vehicles have something called an engine. It's like its heart, and it makes everything work. Inside the engine, tiny explosions are happening, but don't worry, those explosions are safe, baby. These explosions create power that makes the wheels spin. It's like magic. The vehicles also need something called fuel to make those explosions happen. Just like we eat food to have energy, vehicles need fuel to have energy too. That’s what Dad checks e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter