Lyde

Deal: Special Chapter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sorry, Mommy,” said Lyde after returning her mom’s phone.

 

“Hmm? Why are you returning it na and why are you apologizing? Did something happen?” Kali asks, maintaining her eyes on the road, but holds Lyde’s little hands.

 

“I accidentally opened your conversation with Titos and Titas po. You said it’s bad to pry on someone else’s conversations, especially if it’s not permitted.” Lyde answered, guiltiness in her voice is taking over.

 

Kali could not help but chuckle when Lyde started fidgeting her fingers while in possession of Kali’s hands. It is one of Lyde’s habits when she’s guilty of something.

 

“It’s fine, baby. It wasn’t your intention naman.” Kali says, squeezing Lyde’s little hands.

 

“You’re not mad kay Lyde po?” Lyde softly asks.

 

Kali turned her gaze outside, calming herself due to the cuteness her daughter showed. “Cute ampochi, ibubulsa ko ‘to” she whispers.

 

“I’m not mad kay Lyde po.” Kali answers, imitating the tone Lyde used. The latter chuckles and flashes the eye smile her parents adores.

 

“We’re home!”

“... home!”

 

Kali chuckles as Lyde tries to follow what she said.

 

“Oh, My Acey!” Lyde didn’t care if she broke everything she dropped on the floor the moment she saw her best friend and ran to her, attacking her with a hug.

 

2 year old Chase was startled, but reciprocated the smile and hug later on. Lyde, being a little bit taller than the younger one, left a kiss on her forehead. It is a mandatory act already for the two.

 

Lyde turns to face her mother, “Mommy, can I give Chase her gift already?”

 

“Later, baby, when everyone’s here na.”

 

“Please?”

 

“Luh, palibhasa alam na mahina ako sa gano’n eh.” Kali says and hears Mich chuckling. “Asan ba asawa ko? Siya may kaya d’yan.”

 

“Why?” Wyvren, who just got out of the kitchen with Cywell, asked.

 

“Gusto na ibigay yung regalo niya kay Chase eh sabi ko mamaya na pagdating nung iba. Tamo oh, binu-beautiful eyes ako.” Pagsusumbong ni Kali.

 

“Mas tunog bata ka pa sa bata.” Asar ni Cywell.

 

Wyvren kneeled in front of Lyde whose eyes were still screaming “Please.” “Baby, you all agreed to give and open the gifts nang sabay-sabay, ‘di ba? It’s bad to not follow an agreement. It would be unfair for the others who waited.” Wyvren softly explained.

 

“Okay…” Lyde sadly responds.

 

“Go and play with Chase muna with your toys or watch the TV while waiting for the others, hmm?” Lyde nodded and invited Chase to her room.

 

“Cy, crush ko si Vren,” Kali whispers to her friend who just gave her a smack on the shoulder.
 

As the two girls enter the room, Chase’s eyes wander, captivated by the design and ambiance, while Lyde watches her attentively with a genuine smile on her face.

 

“What this?” Chase, not being able to speak fluently yet, asks.

 

Lyde chuckles, “That’s a piano. It makes sounds when you press the keys. Try it.”

 

Chase followed what she said and pressed a key on the piano. Lyde laughs when Chase takes a step back, startled by the sound.

 

“You play?” Chase asks.

 

“Oh, I only know Happy Birthday. Do you want to hear it?”

 

“It’s Jesus’ birthday.”

 

“Alright, alright. Let’s sing him a happy birthday.” Lyde says, helping Chase to sit beside her.

 

“I play, you sing.”

 

Lyde started to play, catching the attention of the people downstairs. Kali and Vren flash a smile like the proud parents that they are. At the age of 3, Lyde showed interest in music and they are more than excited and ready to support the path Lyde would take if she pursued music.

 

Cywell and Mich did it too as Chase started to sing. It may be out of tune, but she’s doing it adorably anyway.

 

As they finished their mini-performance, they clapped for each other like they just won a duo competition. They even bowed, waved, and threw flying kisses at Lyde’s stuffed toys that were placed on her bed as if they were the audience.

 

After that, they did so many things together as a time killer. They danced, painted, and acted like a doctor and their patients were stuffed toys and drew at each other's faces. If their parents would see their state right now, they'd probably be stressed. In a span of 30 minutes, the good-looking and neat clothes and skin they had before they entered the room, vanished. It goes the same with Lyde's room. They entered it clean and organized and left it like a typhoon just passed by.

 

Sigh is all their parents can do, because can they blame them? They're kids, and they're supposed to enjoy their childhood. No one should be mad at kids for acting like kids.

 

After dressing and cleaning both girls, the others finally arrived. Yoo Fam's house was filled with waves of laughter as the visitors entered like they were walking on a red carpet for an award or event show. It was more funny because it was not just the adults, but their kids gladly participated.

 

“And we have here the Salvador Family! This family is known for always being late at an event mainly because of one of the pillars building this family, Miss Nadia, who's always ingame for ganda-gandahan. Miss Krishanelle, on the other hand, is known for giving the biggest amount of pamasko basta't saulo ang mga pangalan ng au characters na ginawa niya. At hindi naman magpapahuli ang cutiecakes na kaaway palagi ng anak ko na hindi ko rin alam kung bakit, si baby Laixelle! Once again, Salvador Family! Let's give them a round of applause!” Of course, it was Kaliver who introduced them like this. She was holding a microphone in her right hand, while carrying Lyde on her left arm.

 

“Ano ba namang music ‘yan, Cywell!” Nadia whined when Cywell played "Bumalik Ka Na Sakin" as the background music of their so-called grand entrance.

 

“Theme song niyo 'yan ni Elle, ah?” Cywell responded and received a flying towel from whining Nadia.

 

“Mommy, put me down po, please,” Lyde whispers. 

 

“Aawayin mo nanaman si Lai. Magbati na nga kayo. Sige ka, magagalit si Lord. Birthday pa naman no'n ngayon. You want him to be mad at his birthday?” Pananakot ni Kali.

 

"Alright po, not na." Lyde politely says and nods.

 

Ibinaba naman ni Kali si Lyde mula sa pagkakabuhat nito at hinayaang pumunta ang bata sa kaniyang frenemy, giving her the benefit of the doubt. Being raised as an obedient kid, Lyde indeed followed her mother's request to reconcile, or to just not start an argument, with Laixelle. It wasn't that hard to do naman kasi hindi naman talaga sila magka-away ni Lai. They do argue every time they encounter, but they still treat each other as friends and as non-blood sisters. Just normal besties.

 

“Hey,” Lyde greeted Lai who was busy eating macarons.

 

“Ano nanaman, englisherang frog?” Lai answered.

 

Lyde scoffed, “What?”

 

“Englisherang frog,” Lai repeated, gaze still fixed on her macarons.

 

“Just say na you don't understand me.”

 

“Ano ulit ‘yon, englisherang frog?” Lai teases. She just really knows how to get on the girl's nerves.

 

Lyde clenched her fist, eyes getting watery. “Oh? Iiyak ka na agad, englisherang frog?” 

 

“Ay, puke mo– Lyde!” Kali shouts as they hear a glass shattered. Lyde ran to her direction, crying.

 

“Nitulak niya yung plato!” pagsusumbong ni Laixelle.

 

“She called me “englisherang frog” repeatedly!” Lyde retorted, sobbing in Lyde’s arms.

 

“Jusko maawa’t mahabag.” Kali sighs.

 

“Para kayong kids,” Madeleine says, making the atmosphere kind of light.

 

Wyvren approaches her wife and daughter and pats her daughter’s back. She was sobbing so badly. She felt very offended by what Lai called her.

 

“Huy, Lyde, pasensiya na. Wala talagang preno bibig no’n. ‘Di ko pa naiinstall-an ng filter. Hindi naman totoo ‘yon. Ang cute mo kaya mag-english. Halatang walang genes ni Kali– ay.”

 

“Gusto mag-away din tayo ngayon?” pagbibiro ni Kali sa kaibigang si Nadia.

 

“Moms say apologies should be said directly by those involved, otherwise, it’s insincere.” halos hindi na maintindihan ang sinabi ni Lyde dahil nakasubsob siya sa balikat ni Kali, humihikbi pa rin.

 

“We also said you should never resort to any rash actions just because you’re driven by madness or by your emotions.” Wyvren interfered, authority can be heard in her tone. “Those shattered glasses can seriously hurt Laixelle, Lyde.”

 

“M-milo, h’wag muna ngay–”

 

“And I was seriously hurt too! Why are you siding with her?! I’m your daughter!” Lyde turned to face Vren, tears were unstoppable.

 

“I am not siding with her.” may diin pero kalmadong sagot naman ni Vren.

 

“Yes, you do. You always do!” Lyde shouts.

 

“Don’t raise your voice at me, Elijah Lydell.”

 

Kumalas sa yakap ni Kali si Lyde at tumakbo papunta ng kwarto niya ‘saka padabog na isinara ang pinto.

 

“Milo, can you please just stop for a moment?” Kali interfered when Vren attempted to follow her daughter.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter