❥ MOON YONG, weight journey

 ↳ 𝐃𝐆𝐃𝐆 ♥ ♡ ♥ 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
Please log in to read the full chapter

trigger warnings: weight gain & loss, general anxiety, malicious comments and mentions of eating disorders. read at your own discretion.

 #000   #44273d   #c1adba 

MOON YONG'S JOURNEY

now playing: wasteland_demo.mp3

moon yong was a longterm yg trainee, a contestant on produce x 101 who finished in 15th place, and is now a soloist under a.den entertainment, with his debut album being a big hit and his first face-to-face fanmeeting selling out after his massive success despite a.den entertainment taking a massive risk by debuting him in the midst of a pandemic. his weight has been and still is a heavily debated topic since his appearance on produce x 101. he has a fairly large following both internationally and in korea but during the times mentioned, he got hate from both, with the korean ones being the majority. his figure was treated as a punching bag by netizens during one time.

GROUP EVALUATION

pretty healthy, praised for good proportions, start of hate

yong instantly shot to fame when he got placed in the "girls girls girls" team during the group evaluation. international and korean fans were very interested in this former yg trainee. for a while, yong was praised for his tall height and healthy weight but hate started to come in due to his parents spreading false information to ruin his career. while he was physically healthy, he was under a lot of pressure as he always saw toxic comments about himself. and that's when his weight fluctuation started in the form of him gaining about 3 kgs in his legs due to stress.

 

it wasn't that horrible nor was it that obvious but it didn't stop the eagle eyed haters from noticing it. sadly, the hate didn't stop. not at all. instead, it got even worse as people started to attack his body as well, making up the nickname 'fatyong'.

POSITION EVALUATION

sudden weight loss, lots of hate, general anxiety

during the position evaluation with "believer", the sudden weight loss of 8 kgs was obvious on yong's figure but even with this change, people still criticized his looks for seeming unhealthy since the quick weight loss was strange. things only got worse during the following months. here are some of the things people have commented under his "believer" fancam:

 

[+45, -8] Um… I'm not trying to hate but he still looks like a pig, he still looks different from the other contestants

[+40, -32] How did YG even cast him? As a main dancer you should have a slim and fit body

[+82, -9] I hope he gets disqualified, he's just ruining the show's reputation at this point

 

and so the hashtag #moonyongoutofpdx101 was formed and used across countless posts. as he didn't have a company to back him up on situations like this since he had left yg and had joined produce x 101 as an independent trainee, yong lost a lot of confidence and after the insistence of the trainers in produce x 101, particularly the dance trainer choi youngjun, yong went to see a psychiatrist and got diagnosed with general anxiety disorder.

CONCEPT EVALUATION PT. 1

extreme weight loss, hate still happening, not confident at all

yong kept losing more and more weight because of his inability to eat anything due to nausea or throwing it right back up. some fans defended him from any hate to his body although it still wasn't enough. the moments shown of yong in the episodes were always of him keeping his head down, due to having low confidence and his anxiety, which made him gain sympathy from people.

 

[+56, -4] I've seen Yong keep his head down during performances recently and it makes me so sad T-T He's so handsome so he should keep his head up instead

[+62,

Please log in to read the full chapter