❥ MOON YONG, example app

 ↳ 𝐃𝐆𝐃𝐆 ♥ ♡ ♥ 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
Please log in to read the full chapter

trigger warnings: mentions of weight gain & loss, general anxiety, and malicious comments. read at your own discretion.

 #000   #44273d   #825a75   #c1adba 

MOON YONG

now playing: wasteland_demo.mp3

NAME MOON YONG (문용, 文龍) meaning "dragon"

OTHER NAME(S)

CHRIS MOON his english name that one of his friends back at yg entertainment gave him. no particular meaning whatsoever, that friend simply thought the name suited yong and yong definitely agrees that it does, hence the reason he continues to use it as his english name to this day.

文龍, WEN LONG his chinese name, direct transliteration of the hanja.

NICKNAMES

YONGGIE, MOON. general nicknames that his siblings, close friends and some staff members, mainly hanse, call him.

MOONLIGHT, FULL MOON, MOONDRAGON. some nicknames that international fans came up by either using his surname moon or translating his name yong to english, which is dragon, moondragon is also a nickname people use if he covers a bigbang song as a way to refer to g-dragon, his former yg senior.

GIANT BABY. self-explanatory. with his towering height of 183 cm and his baby-like, energetic and clingy personality, he gained the nickname from victon's han seungwoo, back in his produce x 101 days.

PEPE. yet again, another nickname that originated in produce x 101, yong's reaction during the ghost scene became iconic and some fans likened him to an angry pepe the frog, hence the nickname pepe.

FATYONG. you know how nct has their fat kun jokes? well, a.den entertainment has their fatyong but this is not, in any shape or form, used by anyone. this nickname started out by a group of anti fans after yong's appearance in produce x 101 and the reveal of his predebut photos and the rumors surrounding yong after their debut. even after hitting a healthy weight, there are still some antis who call yong this in order to try to take a jab at him.

BIRTHDATE august 14, 2001.

BIRTHPLACE gwangju, sk.

HOMETOWN gwangju, sk.

ETHNICITY korean

NATIONALITY south korean

LANGUAGES

NATIVE KOREAN. yes. talks in a gwangju dialect and has a lisp when pronouncing the 's' letter. 100%

ADVANCED ENGLISH. yong started learning english in elementary school and as of now, he has a pretty good understanding of english. however, he needs to work on his speech and accent because bOI THAT ACCENT NEEDS WORK. 81%

BASIC JAPANESE. yong took up japanese in yg as an extra language just because he likes how the language sounds and wants to appeal more to his japanese audience in the future, so he continued studying it after he transferred to a.den. 20%

FACECLAIM enhypen's heeseung

 

HEIGHT 183 cm

WEIGHT 65 kg

 

APPEARANCE

as stated in his nicknames, yong is a giant baby and his appearance just contributes to that nickname.

with his tall height and healthy weight, yong is a complete model material with broad shoulders, long arms and legs. despite this, he's all million watt smiles with squishy and elastic skin and plush lips. he has fair skin which bring attention to the pink color of his lips. his lips are usually a darker shade of pink on the left side as he has a habit of biting down there. his body is toned because he enjoys working out when he can but he's not overly muscular; just the right amount of muscles.

his hands are pretty big as well with long, delicate fingers and nails that look manicured. he's often the target of hand comparisons because of this. he is pretty blind when he doesn't have glasses or contacts on so he wears contacts on stage and glasses at the dorm or when he's going to the airport.

he has no piercings, and usually wears clip on earrings for performances because he's kind of scared to get piercings but might be pressured by the dgdg members or his friends to get at least his lobes pierced later on. he is void of tattoos.

STYLE

oversized sweaters, hoodies, dress slacks, t-shirts, boxy shirts, ripped jeans, regular jeans, sweatpants, leather jackets, bomber jackets, coats, snapbacks, trenchcoats, sneakers, combat boots, belts, circle glasses or clear contacts, sunglasses, clip-on earrings, a multitude of accessories. fashion twin is enhypen's heeseung.

INNER SELF

'cause you took my heart from a graceland…

PERSONALITY

 leo, gryffindor, chaotic neutral 

 positive  cheerful, observant, caring, optimistic.

clingy, savage  neutral  absent-minded, flirty

stubborn, perfectionist, private, traditional  negative 

 esfp-a, 7w8. inspired by kyojuro rengoku 

the first thing that people notice when people meet yong is how cheerful he is. he is a complete extrovert through and through, not afraid to make the first move to introduce himself and being around other people in general. despite that however, he is also quite observant, very good at figuring out little details about people and small cues that other people around them may not pick up on. he knows when to listen and when to talk. he is also very much a giver, he enjoys taking care of people he cherishes and loves and is usually satisfied when he sees that his loved ones are happy and cheerful. if he sees one member who's not smiling, he'll be by their side in a second, either ready to listen if they need to rant or just keep them company until they feel better, usually accompanied by cuddles. he is also super optimistic and has an ability to see the positivity in any situation no matter how bad it can be.

as someone who loves skinship, you can always find yong hanging off of someone, like in a concert if him and his background dancers fooling around on stage or in the presence of his friends, he is always seen having some form of skinship with them or backhugging them and resting his chin on their shoulder. which is an adorable sight because he's just sitting/standing there like :3 with his cheeks drooping down. yong is also a savage. he's witty, has great sense of timing and going hand-in-hand with his memory, knows where to hit it that hurts. so people who are at the receiving end of his roasting are often left speechless. despite that, he can also be quite dumb sometimes, like trying to eat cereal with a fork dumb or putting hard-boiled eggs in a microwave dumb. the latter happened and his close friends enjoy telling this story on various different occassions. also, what better way to show his love towards his loved ones (except family of course), coupled with his skinship-loving personality? viciously flirting with them of course. yong is the residential flirt of a.den entertainment and is proud of it.

yong is VERY stubborn and is a perfectionist. if he wants to do something, you bet your bottom dollar he's going to do it and he's going to do it perfectly. you cannot convince him otherwise, it'll be like talking to a brick wall. heck, talking to a brick wall would be better. yong is also a very private person, although he is extroverted and always listening to others, he prefers not to talk about his own feelings and issues and keeps them to himself, which might be a downfall for him as he often bottles his emotions up before letting it explode in a mess. he is also quite skeptical of trying new things, he'd much rather do what he always has done because that is the way he likes it so why should he change it?

BACKGROUND

moon yong was born on august 14, 2001, in gwangju, south korea. his family consisted of his parents moon wan and song hyemi who are doctors, his older sister, moon seul and his younger brother, moon song. the moon family were very well off and wan and hyemi were known for being very efficient and kind doctors. they met while going to the same university, bonded over their love of helping people and fell in love on the way.

at school, yong was a good student. while he could excel academics easily, he was not interested in the career path his parents chose for him. wan and hyemi always saw yong as having a successful career in the future, most likely doctors like them. while yong was trying to fulfill his parents' wishes, he became very interested in dance and asked his parents to sign him up for dance classes when he was 9. his parents did, thinking that it was a phase that would pass soon.

yong found his place in his dance class, he was above average and got nothing short of praise from his instructors. a year after he started his dance classes, his role models, shinee debuted with the song replay. and that's when yong decided that he wanted to be an idol and did the bare minimum in his academics to get an a. while he was interested in psychology, his desire to be an idol overpowered a more stable life being a child psychologist. during the summer of 2013, just before yong turned 12, he learned from his dance instructors that yg entertainment was holding auditions for new trainees. keeping this a secret from his parents, yong auditioned and got accepted. that's when he decided to tell his parents.

wan and hyemi were not accepting at all. they sent yong to seoul and cut their help on him, both emotionally and physically. thankfully seul and song were (and still are, bless their hearts) accepting of yong's decision. while it was hard, going for a very long time without as much as a single phone call from his parents, yong didn't lose hope until he met some trainees who took care of him and supporting him as if he was their own family, never letting hopelessness overtake his mind.

 

LIKES

fresh air, khiphop, art, animals, shinee, ateez, books, music, food, dancing, caffeinated beverages of any kind (coffee, tea, soda, etc.), blackpink, ikon, winner, big bang, nct, cute things, holding hands, backhugs, his siblings.

DISLIKES

hate comments, homophobia, mint chocolate, talking about his weight issue, blood, bad fashion, loud noises, raw peppers, lies, cucumbers, the smell of cigarettes, smokers, smell of alcohol, being drunk, people who are drunk, his parents.

HOBBIES

dancing, choreographing, eating, singing, reading, listening to music, watching videos on youtube while eating, hyping his friends up on social media.

HABITS

flirting with people, bottling in his feelings, fiddling with his fingers when he's nervous, drumming his fingers to the beat and lip-syncing when he listens to music, having extreme facial expressions, biting on the left side of his lip.

FEARS

lepidopterophobia (fear of butterflies), losing any of his loved ones.

TALENTS

doraemon impression, dancing, learning choreography fast, opening a bag of chips with his feet, pinching people with his toes, making his own special heart thanks to his long limbs, reactions.

TRIVIA

favorite food. fried chicken, anything that has potatoes in it, ramyeon, tteokbokki.

favorite color. black, white, blue.

favorite drink. any kind of caffeinated drink.

favorite ice cream flavor. chocolate.

favorite animal. ginger cats.

favorite movie. green mile.

favorite word. sonder.

favorite season. fall.

— as a child, he was forced to listen to endless amounts of classical music and to learn many instruments, he now hates classical music and forgot how to play any instruments.

— if he wasn't an idol, he would've been a child psychologist, because he enjoys helping people and is very good with kids.

— would love to be on a variety show with kids one day, like return of superman.

— is an early bird, wakes up at literally o'clock and is extremely energetic when he wakes up, blasting music and dancing and singing around wildly in the dorm.

— an avid mint chocolate hater, expressed his hatred towards it clearly during a livestream where he was asked how he feels about it. yong's disgusted reaction and iconic answer "mint chocolate tastes like mouthwash" is one of those lines that is used in a lot of "learn the alphabet with yong" videos.

— loves playing among us but hates playing the imposter because he cannot play imposter, always gets caught and is always the first one ejected. but if he's a crewmate, fear him because he can figure out the imposter very fast whilst also completing his tasks.

— his role models are shinee, ateez and tvxq.

— owns an iphone eleven pro max in space gray with a clear phone case.

— to go along with it, owns a pair of airpods (not pro, the regular ones) with a cookie monster case.

— his lockscreen and his wallpaper are both the same, it's a photo of him and his two siblings that they took randomly.

— he once tried to do the splits during a variety show and did it perfectly but he couldn't walk properly for a week after that.

Please log in to read the full chapter