Chapter 2

You in between of doubts [OffGun Fanfiction]
Please log in to read the full chapter

I pulled away from the hug.

"I am sorry, I wasn't there when you needed me the most." I said while wiping my tears, trying to regain composure.

"So this means we're okay now, right?" This is the first time I saw him ask for something so softly.

"We were always okay. It's just me. My feelings are impossible. I avoided you because I wanted to be stable, first. Now, I found out that you actually needed a companion, a bestfriend during your hardest times and I wasn't there. I'm sorry." I said painfully.

"I..." He looked so confused.

"I'll say sorry again, cause I don't think I'll be able to be by your side for now, Phi." I sincerely said, this time.

"Wh... what do you mean?" He then looked at me with a pair of eyes I never saw before. He tried to reach for my hand again but this time, I let him. I rested my other hand on his and caressed it.

"This is what I mean, Papi." I then smiled bitterly. "I avoided you because I wanted to forget about the feeling I had for you and it wouldn't be possible if we stay close." You know what? these tears. No matter what I do, It just won't stop falling.

"I don't mind." He immediately told me.

"I do. This is for the both of us. Just give me time and I'll come back to you. As your nong, as your best bud, I promise." I slowly removed his hands.

I opened the door of my car only for him to stop me. I looked at him, about to say something but his expression stopped me. It was it again. That unreadable expressions.

He guided me on the other side of the car instead. He then got in the drivers seat and drove me all the way to my condo without saying anything.

I embraced my feet as the cold breeze blew upon me.

Two weeks and three days have passed by. Nothing changed, I still love him the same. No, even more now. I buried my face in between my arms.

Why did I even confess? Why did I let my emotions drive me over? I should've just kept it to myself and forget it myself. I should've just stayed by his side when he said so but no. That's too selfish. He may be okay with it for now but the time will come when he'll be uncomfortable with it. It's better to settle things now since we'll be seeing each other a lot in the near future. God. I want to see him.

I returned to my reverie when I heard the door creak open.

"So all this time you were just here sitting pretty at the rooftop?" I turned around to see P'Tay near the door.

"Why? I think my next sche

Please log in to read the full chapter