Pinnacle

Catnip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She taps the puddle of water on the ground with her shoe lightly.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

With every tap, the scene of her little kitten running away from her replays, almost like a broken record player being played on repeat.

At the fourth tap, Minji lets out a deep sigh with her thick eyebrows frowning as well. 

Not only is she bothered by this, she also cannot seem to get the girl’s expression out of her mind. That guilty look on her face made Minji feel as if what they have is something that is wrong, something she shouldn’t pursue.

But everyone knows just how persistent Minji is, and most importantly, what Minji wants, Minji gets. Most of the time at least.

But with every general rule, there are exceptions and she hopes this isn’t going to be that one time where she doesn’t get what she wants.

Because she wants Kang Haerin so badly.

So, so badly that she actually contacted Danielle Marsh that very day and arranged for the girl to meet her at the school park to hopefully settle this issue.

Issue being Danielle Marsh’s crush on her which she truly appreciates and is actually flattered by. However, it doesn’t matter which pretty girl likes her, Minji has already decided on something, it is either Kang Haerin or no one else.

Again, Minji is one dramatic person and when it comes to feelings especially, she doesn’t change her mind nor does she gives up. 

Even if Kang Haerin tries to convince her otherwise, Minji is determined to do what her heart desires.

Tap, tap, tap.

The sound of footsteps approaching wake her from her deep thoughts. Almost too quickly, she gets up and waves at the approaching girl, who is currently wearing a big smile on her face. Her smile surely is infectious because she finds herself smiling as well when the girl takes a seat next to her.

Specifically, said girl’s blinding smile reminds her vividly of her summer vacation in Canada not too long ago. Sunshine, thats right, she reminds her of summer sunshine. 

Minji sits back down and offers the girl a drink. Sunshine girl politely declines with an even bigger smile.

“Minji-sunbae, please, I wonder how may I be of assistance?”

She almost feels bad that sunshine girl looks so happy and that she is about to break that smile. Though her shoulder tenses and a frown forms on her face, Minji did not hesitate as she says her following words calmly.

“I have something I want to share with you.”

“Sure, I’ll be your listening shoulder.”

Minji relaxes now and looks up at the sky, then to the ground, thinking of how to begin. But really, how should she begin? Should she be honest from the get-go? Or should she beat around the bush a little and then see when to tell the truth?

Amidst all of this, sunshine girl encourages her.

“Please, I won’t judge.”

And because sunshine girl assures, Minji realizes there is no point in delaying the truth. She might as well come clean.

“I am actually really bad at painting.”

She says with a chuckle, now resting her arms on her lap. Sunshine girl does the same, nodding her head in response.

“I mean it isn’t that bad, but you can do better.”

Sunshine girl says comfortingly, that same smile remaining on her face. Minji nods in response.

“I think I started getting interested in it just about last year and I was so sure that I could do it well, just like how I can play basketball, you know?”

Sunshine girl listens intently, nodding every now and then. 

“But it all really began when I saw this painting.”

Minji takes out her phone and shows sunshine girl the painting in question for context.

“I really thought this painting was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.”

“Well, it sure is beautiful.”

Sunshine girl agrees with an immediate nod.

“But I was wrong. Not too long ago, I met her.”

She continues with caution now, knowing that she is finally letting the cat out of the bag. How ironic that she does sort of resembles a cat.

“She is the prettiest thing I have ever laid my eyes on.”

Minji unconsciously lets a smile form on her face, albeit doing her best trying to suppress her feelings. Nevertheless, she continues.

“I simply cannot measure in words just how much I adore her. You know that quote, whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same? That’s perhaps a pretty close comparison.”

Sunshine girl nods and keeps her smile on but Minji isn’t expecting this reaction. Isn’t sunshine girl supposed to be upset?

“Are you not upset?”

She immediately asks, perplexed at the girl’s joyful expression. At first, sunshine girl lets out a fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter