Nuance

Catnip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As much as she hates taking the train, it is unfortunately the fastest route to school. Sometimes its bearable, sometimes, just sometimes, it gives her anxiety.

Because sometimes creepy erts board the train and make it their hunting ground to target girls, who are sadly mostly around her age.

As of this moment, one ert in particular has been staring at her for the longest time now, his eyes shamelessly ogling her from top to bottom.

Haerin moves closer to the door, trying to keep as much distance as she can. Said ert doesn’t back down, instead he finds it challenging and moves closer, so much so that he is now just mere steps in front of her.

As the train makes a stop at the current station, he steadily keeps his stare on her almost as if mirroring a predator ready to pounce on his prey. Thankfully, due to the added passengers and the fact that the next stop is her stop, and so many others, her anxiety lessens and she grips the handle tighter, preparing herself to sprint off the train once it stops.

“Hey pretty, there is a tunnel ahead. It’s gonna be shaky. Why hold onto the handle when you can hold on to me for support instead?”

The ert says with a wide smirk as he looks to the right, anticipating the train’s incoming route.

Right, the damn stupid tunnel. The train always swerves so quickly when passing through the tunnel and more often than not, people will knock into each other, sometimes intentional, sometimes, on purpose.

As the train begins to swerve, Haerin takes a deep breath as she braces herself for anything that could happen. Perhaps luck isnt on her side, because the train swerves and comes to a sudden halt, causing almost everyone in the train to be startled. 

She finds herself pulled into a pair of arms, arms that she isn’t familiar with, nevertheless, arms that felt warm and most intriguingly, safe. She becomes aware of her hands resting on the person’s chest and quickly takes them off, only for the train to start moving again, making her hands rest there once more.

Embarrassment flushes over her, but she hears a voice comforting her as she looks up to see that familiar name tag and incredibly unmistakable name. When she sees eye to eye with the person in front of her, she finds warm circular eyes looking into hers with concern. Almost as if her surrounding becomes silent, she hears that insanely comforting deep voice in her ears.

“I got you.”

All she could do is stare in disbelief as she process the fact that standing before her, looking so ridiculously dashing at six thirty in the morning is the very same girl who has occupied her mind for weeks.

Dozen of times has she thought of the possibility of them meeting again, but never would she have guessed that it will be like this. 

Somewhat corny. Lowkey romantic. Almost like a scene from a Korean drama. Okay, maybe the romance part is an exaggeration but can you blame her when all she thought about for weeks was the person who currently has her arms slightly above her waist.

Waist. Emphasis on that word, because how is this not romantic, but then again the placement of her hands is probably just accidental, she debates in her mind.

“Are you alright?”

She hears the taller girl asks with her right hand reaching forward to move the messy bangs covering her face gently. Haerin nods in response an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter