Professor Myoi

One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung, as soon as she parked her car, received a message from her friends that they were in the cafeteria, gathering before their classes started. She didn’t hesitate to head straight to where they were.

 

“Chaeyoung and I have the same class for this morning.” 

 

Dahyun said while eating her favorite chocopie. Chaeyoung chuckled watching her friend munching it, crumbs falling on the table. 

 

“How about the others?” Chaeyoung asked, looking around the table. There weren’t too many students in the cafeteria, there were students buying sandwiches and students meeting their friends as well.

 

“Have Law class with Chuu.” Vivi spoke, eating her chicken sandwich. Chuu who’s sitting beside her groaned, banging her head on the table and grunting after.

 

“Why did we take Political Science again?” She grumbled, pouting looking at Vivi.

 

“I actually don’t know either.” Chaeyoung laughed at her friend's antics. They complained about how their subjects are too difficult but still ace the exams. She doesn't understand them sometimes.

 

“How about you Chaeyoung-ah?” Jinsoul asked who’s sitting beside her while sipping on her banana milk. 

 

Chaeyoung thought for a while, all she knew was only had three classes until 2PM today. She frowned when she remembered something. 

 

“Ah, I have Contemporary Art class.” She smiled, pulling her phone to check the time. They still have 15 minutes before the bell rings but she has to go there. The Art Department is quite far from the cafeteria so she excused herself and bid goodbyes.

 

“I’ll see you at lunch, bye!” She adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder as she dash her way out of the cafeteria. 

 

As soon as she entered her class, she immediately spotted a perfect seat for the entire semester. There weren't too many students when she arrived, but she suddenly felt left out when she saw them in groups. For her to say, it bothered her because of her introvert having a hard time socializing.

 

It was her last year in college, everything will be left behind.

 

She smiled at the person who took the seat next to her. There’s still five minutes left before the start of their first subject so she distracted herself by roaming around the art class. There are artworks hanging on the wall, unfinished paintings and different paints stock on the rack. The room was spacious to say the least, enough for 25 students to fill the room.

 

She smiled when the morning breeze passed through the open window beside her, yes she chose to sit by the window, in hope it will inspire her to do her arts. 

 

Just in time when the bell rings, a beautiful woman enters the room wearing plaid beige wide pants partnered with a white tight turtleneck and a black boots. She looked like she went straight from a magazine shoot.

 

Gosh, she is so beautiful. Chaeyoung smiled at the thought while staring at the person who was obviously their professor in this Contemporary Art class. 

 

“I hope you had a great vacation.” She spoke ever so softly. “I just want you all to congratulate you from getting this far, you’re finally graduating soon.” Everyone cheered, some were whistling while the others clapped their hands. 

 

“Before I proceed to discuss our plans for the whole semester, let me introduce myself.” She clasped her hands together and smiled. “My name is Mina Myoi and I will be your professor in this Contemporary Art class. I hope we get well together.”

 

Everyone cheered. 

 

“So, shall we start?” 

 

Everyone groaned, including Chaeyoung who was watching the whole scene fold in front of her. 

 

Professor Mina giggled and god, Chaeyoung swore he heard the angels sing. Is it possible? She thought, because everything about their professor screams perfect. The way she softly smiled after she finished every sentence. The way her hand unknowingly reached the waistband of her pants was so graceful. Or the way her eyes turned into crescent as she smiled widely and gosh, that gummy smile was to die for.

 

“Can we please chill for today, Ms. Myoi?” Someone from the front asked, whining. Everyone agreed, nodding their heads.

 

“It’s our first day anyway! Can we like, get to know each other since you mentioned that you hope to get well together?” 

 

To whoever that person was, bless his soul because she thought the same thing. A day of just enjoying themselves won’t hurt their grades though.

 

Chaeyoung startled when Professor Mina’s eyes landed on her. It was brief, but she knew there’s something in her eyes she couldn't comprehend but there was a familiar feeling lingering within her.

 

“Fine.” She sighed. She roamed her eyes again, trying to familiarize their faces in mind. “How about you introduce yourself to me? Let’s start from the back.” Chaeyoung once again startled when she pointed at her. 

 

Chaeyoung dumbfoundedly pointed to herself with a confusion in her eyes. “You, yes you beside the window. Let’s start with you.” She knows it too well. There was a playful voice, almost unheard of if you weren't paying attention as she said it.

 

Chaeyoung sighed, taking a few deep breaths composing herself while she stood from her seat. “What’s your name?” 

 

“My n-name…” Chaeyoung bet that she sounded like a fool by forgetting her name for a second when their eyes met. She cleared and lightly nodded to herself as if she’s saying you can do it.

 

Chaeyoung was about to say it but closed when she remembered something. She bit her lips, internally scolding herself. “S-son Chaeyoung.” Chaeyoung nodded, “My name is Son Chaeyoung.”

 

She sat down, avoiding everyone’s stares, especially her. She lightly tapped her cheeks to stop it from blushing literally to nothing but little did she know her ears were completely red.

 

After they introduced themselves to their professor, someone dared to ask if she was single. Their professor chuckled, she leaned backwards, resting her waist on the mahogany table that was situated in the middle. 

 

She wanted to laugh at how they are anticipating her answers but putting on a little show won’t hurt, right? 

 

She crossed her arms against her chest and loudly hummed, letting them know that she’s thinking. “What do you think?” She asked them, sporting a little smirk obviously trying to coax them.

 

A few students groaned which made her laugh. “Well, honestly speaking, you’re too beautiful to not have one. So yeah, I think you’re taken already.” Mark, if Chaeyoung remembers his name completely, said.

 

“Is that a disappointment I heard?” Mina teased that earns a few chuckles from the class. “Fine, to end your curiosity,” She lifted her left hand, showing a beautiful ring that complements her perfectly. And Chaeyoung swore, she heard disappointed sighs from the boys in her class.

 

 “As you can see, I am happily married. And it’s Mrs. Myoi for you.” Mrs. Myoi smiled widely. Chaeyoung unconsciously caressed her necklace and played with the pendant attached to it.

 

“Aren’t you too young to be married?” Someone asked.

 

Mrs. Myoi shrugged, “Well, there’s no ‘too young’ and ‘too old’ for love. If it comes, then it will.” She smiled. 

 

The Q & A lasted for an hour, or just her classmates kept asking Mrs. Myoi about life and everything, literally whatever comes to their mind. Their professor happily answered everything, though some answers were too vague, leaving it to their mind. 

 

“Okay, that’s all for today. I’m expecting everyone to listen to the lesson tomorrow.” Chaeyoung watched her gather her things, she presumes she has something to do before her next class starts. 

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow, class.” Everyone bid their goodbyes to Mrs. Myoi. Chaeyoung grabbed her bag and walked to the exit but her eyes took a last glance before she finally exited the room but to her surprise Mrs. Myoi’s eyes were already staring at her with a soft smile adorned in her pretty face.

 

Chaeyoung blushed, she quickly looked away and bowed before she left and proceeded to her next class.

 

Chaeyoung’s day went along just fine. Her second period somehow was a breather because their professor wasn’t close to terror. He seems like a cool one, someone you can get along with outside university. And just like the first period, they introduce themselves even though it is still a question. It feels like a mandatory thing to do on every first day of class.

 

Chaeyoung messaged her friends that she’s on her way to the cafeteria. She smiled and waved when she spotted Choerry and Dahyun. Chaeyoung sat next to Dahyun and fill herself to Choerry’s story about her eventful first day in class which she bet will tell the others too later on.

 

Soon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter