ASLTW (Prequel & Epilogue)

One Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chaeyoung,” 


Chaeyoung averted her eyes from the book she’s reading. “Oh, Seulgi Unnie.” She bowed at her and smiled. 

 

Seulgi put her arms around her shoulder and took a seat beside her. “You know about the upcoming Dance recital, right?”

 

Chaeyoung thought for a while before nodding her head. “Yeah, it’s tomorrow, right? And you're participating too.”

 

Seulgi hummed while nodding her head. “Well, what I’m saying is, can you come tomorrow?” She bit her lips in anticipation.

 

Chaeyoung tilted her head, “Am I allowed? Isn't it exclusive for only dance major students?” 

 

Seulgi nodded, “Yes, but I can make you an exception.” The desperation in her voice is noticeable. 

 

Chaeyoung frowned, “Wait, what do you exactly want me to do?” She curiously asked Seulgi.

 

Seulgi sighed, “I’m in need of a photographer tomorrow, and will film my whole dance performance. And before you ask about Irene, well you know how she at using phones. She can’t even take a proper photo of us!” 

 

She grabbed Chaeyoung’s shoulders and shook it. “Please, be there for me, yeah? I’ll buy you lunch for the whole week.” Seulgi flashed her infamous eye-smile, thinking it will affect Chaeyoung. 

 

Chaeyoung scowl, “Fine! Free lunch for a week, deal.” 

 

“Okay!”

 

She suited herself in the middle and set up the camera recorder. Soon, Irene joined her, pouting and grunting. Chaeyoung chuckled at the older woman when she had a clue what she was pouting about. 

 

“Don’t worry, Irene unnie, Seulgi unnie loves you.” She smiled when she saw a blush on the older’s cheeks. 

 

“I just can’t believe that she had to ask you to take a photo of her and film her, where she can ask me, because obviously I am her girlfriend!” Irene grunt, crossing her arms against her chest.



 

Chaeyoung could only chuckle. She met Seulgi at her art class, it turns out she took a double major which is Arts and Dance while she took Arts major. Seulgi is pretty famous, well, because of her iness and charisma when she dances and her good arts. And her being the luckiest woman to be with the Goddess, Irene Bae. Seulgi told her that they’d been together even before college. 

 

They were good friends, along with Seulgi’s other friends Jisoo and Lisa. The trio were probably the best of the best when it comes to ‘making trouble’.

 

“Oh, it’s starting!” 

 

She recorded everything with the help of Irene-- she follows her when she moves around the stage while Chaeyoung took photos of her, as a promise for a free lunch. 

 

They watch the remaining performance as they wait for it to be done and wait for Seulgi because the older woman promised to treat them for dinner. 

 

Chaeyoung was taking random pictures of the students performing their piece as she waited for the whole event to be finished. As she focuses the camera on the person doing ballet, black fitted outfit that surely shows her curves, porcelain skin, black jet hair flawlessly moving along with her body. 

 

It was beautiful. She was beautiful.

 

No, it’s beyond that.

 

She put down her camera and watched her dance elegantly on stage. She was mesmerized by who-ever-this-beautiful-person to the extent she felt her heartbeat against her chest. 

 

Her eyes never left this beautiful woman until the unknown woman ended her performance with a bow and left the stage with a beautiful gummy smile she had ever seen.

 

She felt herself smile too.

 

Oh, god.

 

‘What is happening to me?’


 

“Babe!” Seulgi hugged Irene with a big smile on her face. Irene immediately gave her a kiss and congratulated her. 

 

“Congratulations, Unnie!” She hugged the older and Seulgi thanked her after. 

 

“Let’s have dinner. I’ll go get my things.” Seulgi gave Irene a last kiss and tapped Chaeyoung’s head before leaving them. 

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t know why she feels nervous being here backstage. Students coming in and out, Chaeyoung’s eyes were searching for the familiar blackjet hair. She felt disappointed when she didn’t see any shadow of the unknown woman that captivated her eyes.

 

She sighed and Irene noticed the gloom face of the younger so she asked if she’s okay and Chaeyoung nodded and smiled to assure she’s fine. She’s actually fine, but she’s just disappointed that she didn’t get a glimpse of her again. 

 

She badly wanted to see her upclose. Okay, that was a bit too much, maybe a glimpse of her before they leave this place? Because she surely knows that she would never see her again, well if all gods are with her, by fate maybe they will?

 

When she saw Seulgi walking towards them, she finally accepted that she will never meet her again, because, come on, she's an introvert who’s scared of interaction. Facing the beautiful person like her will only make her tongue tied and probably will look stupid in front of her.

 

“Let’s go--”

 

“Seulgi-ssi,” They all looked at the person who called her friend. 

 

And all gods be damn, because the beautiful woman was in front of them!

 

Chaeyoung watched her interaction with her friend and for the first time she felt jealous. She wanted to be Seulgi right at this moment. She was just a few meters away from her. And god, she’s so damn beautiful even up close!

 

Her beauty seems surreal. Those long eyelashes, her pointed nose, plump lips and oh! She has moles on her nose and above her lips! God, her eyes...she could see heaven in them. She would gladly drown in them. 

 

“...young!”

 

Seulgi flicked her forehead. “Yah!” Chaeyoung’s little reverie was cut off. 

 

Irene and Seulgi chuckled, “We’ve been calling you but it seems like your heart got captured by someone, yeah?” Seulgi playfully nudged her side.

 

“H-heart?” Chaeyoung scoffed. “What are you talking about?” Chaeyoung blush, but she acted cool because, duh, she just got caught openly staring at the mysterious girl.

 

Seulgi laughed, “You got it bad, huh?” She continued to because seeing her blush like this was all new to them. It’s like a new Chaeyong was unlocked.

 

“Stop teasing her, Seul.” Irene scolded.

 

“Okay, but her name is Myoui Mina, a dance major. And you’re welcome.” She smirked when she saw something flick in Chaeyoung’s eyes.

 

Chaeyoung always-- everyday-- passing by the dance department with a hope to see the mysterious Myoi Mina because she got information that the latter was famous to men and women. Every week she received confessions from them.

 

She’s a living witness because the last two days at the cafeteria--she rarely visits-- she saw a commotion and heard that someone was confessing to Mina, again. 

 

There she concluded that she would never have a chance. It was just a dream, will never know if it’s impossible or possible to come true. It was a 50-50 chance because after all, someone like her will never notice her existence. 

 

Nobody knows her. Hell, nobody knows that he’s the sister of the famous BTS member, Jungkook. 

 

Not until one day, Seulgi playing cupid because she had enough of being Chaeyoung’s excuses whenever she saw Chaeyoung walking around their department, more like lurking around, and then suddenly message her if she could help her with their art projects and all other excuses you could imagine, because hell lose, Chaeyoung was one of their Art department’s best artist. 

 

What could she help more? Isn't it the other way around?


 

So she dragged her introverted to their table where she invited Mina and their other blockmates. 

 

“This Chaeyoung, my friend in Art major.” She pushed Chaeyoung literally in front of Mina. “You saw her right? In our recital last two weeks ago?”

 

Mina giggled when she saw how red Chaeyoung was. She could pass as a tomato right now. “Yes, I actually remember her. She was the one with you and Irene sunbae, right?”

 

“Right!” Seulgi answered rather entusicatically. 

 

“Chaeyoung-ah, this is Mina.” She nudged her statued friend.

 

“A-ah, N-nice to m-meet you.” She bowed which made Mina giggled.

 

And god, even her giggle sounds like h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter