| Always Been

From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong had been distant since that day. 

No one was informed about the problem, but they knew that there was something wrong. Minjeong became busy, too busy to even hang out with them. She still talks to them, of course. Including Aeri. 

But there's a change. A subtle change. 

Aeri doesn't talk about Jimin with Minjeong anymore. In fact, she doesn't talk about it in front of everyone. However, her plan is still the same. She still pursues Jimin, trying to be with the girl despite her training sessions and games. 

But what about the girl? What about Jimin?

Jimin is Jimin, still smiling, still unbothered. It looks like she doesn't know the ongoing problem between the two best friends. In fact, she doesn't even look like she knows that she's the cause of it. 

She had been busy too. The semester break is coming very soon, hence why they need to do some double work just so they can finish their tasks before it comes. Jisu and her barely hangs out with the others too.

Ryujin, she's a soccer player, of course she has games to focus on. And she's still bothering Yeji upto this date. Yuna is a cheerleader, she also had to practice everyday to memorize their steps. Yeji and Chaeryeong who are a part of a dance troupe were also busy because of their preparation for the contest that they joined. 

They all have been occupied, that's for sure.

And now, the big day has come. Aeri's final game.

Which means that everyone has to support her, including Minjeong.

And which also means that tomorrow would be their semester break. Two weeks of breaks, One week is for their vacation to Japan.

"Let's go?" Ningning asked, her head peeking behind the door. Minjeong stared at herself in the mirror, giving her hair one last comb before sighing deeply.

"Let's go."

They left Minjeong's house and entered the car. Minjeong and Ningning decided to go to the sports Arena together because, well, they are still pretending to have something going on between them. 

That is, if anyone is still believing them.

Ryujin doesn't. Minjeong already confessed about her situation with Ningning and to say that Ryujin was surprised was an understatement. She couldn't believe that Ningning and Minjeong actually knew each other for so long already. 

Minjeong decided to tell her that because she knows how confused and stressed Ryujin is with the situation.

She doesn't know if she's going to laugh or cry about that fact.

Even her friend thinks it's a mess. 

About the others, Minjeong doesn't know about them. It's either they're still believing it, or they are slowly getting suspicious about the whole situation.

"We're here." Ningning announced as soon as she finished parking the car.

Minjeong was spacing out earlier.

"That fast?" She mumbled to herself when she got out of the car.

"You were spacing out, of course it will be fast." Ningning wore her mask and chuckled, linking their arms together. "Let's get inside?"

Minjeong nodded.

When they got inside the sports arena, they immediately saw the others who were sitting in the front rows. 

The two approached them.

"Woah, you got yourself a bangs?" Yuna exclaimed to Minjeong as soon as she saw the former's new hairstyle. 

"Uhm," Minjeong unconsciously touched her bangs. "Yeah."

"It looks good on you, Minjeongie." Yeji smiled at her, which Minjeong reciprocated too. She glanced at the girl beside Yeji, which is Ryujin.

The soccer player had a big smile on her face when their eyes met.

"I'm courting her." Ryujin mouthed. 

"Seriously?" Minjeong mouthed. Ryujin nodded at her. 

'Wow, can't believe Yeji accepted that monkey.' 

The short haired girl chuckled.

'But good for them.'

Minjeong sat beside Yuna, while Ningning sat beside her. 

Minjeong is in between the two, and that's great. 

Great because there's no chance of being beside Jimin.

The latter is still nowhere to be found, and Minjeong is too cautious to ask the others. She doesn't want to create any further issues.

She only found out the reason why when Jimin arrived.

"Why are you late?" She heard Jisu ask the girl.

"Uh," She heard Jimin mumble. "Aeri and I went here together."

"Why?"

That wasn't Jisu, it was Ryujin. 

"Aeri asked me to fetch her."

"Oh, I'm guessing it's for good luck?" Yuna teased. 

Minjeong can't see Jimin's reaction.

She's not looking at her. She refused to look at her. 

Jimin sat on Chaeryeong's side, the only available seat for her. Minjeong was relieved.

'Okay, good. No Jimin, No distractions.'

"You're still feeling okay, pup?" Ningning asked beside her. She knows Minjeong's h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter