Chapter 10

The Trouble Is You

Chapter 10 

 

 

Proposal 

 

 

 

I like him. I like Kwon Jiyong. 

 

I felt weird after accepting the fact that this isn’t just an ordinary ‘interested’ case and that it became more. And it’s weird because I swore to myself that I won’t like nor love someone romantically. Liking or loving someone isn’t just for me. I felt like I can’t do that. I am different. I thought. But look at me now. Trying to digest the reality. Of my feelings. 

 

I sighed as I took a shot of the scotch I ordered earlier. So much for the hectic weekdays and let the Friday Party started! The loud music keeps me calm, as always. I will always love the chaotic scene of the club. 

 

“Noona!” 

 

I saw Baekhyun sat on my side. I kissed his cheeks and smile. “B! Long time no see!” 

 

Baekhyun, whom I am fond calling B, smiled at me. “I got busy. Olympic training.” 

 

I just nod and poured another shot on my glass. “Are you alone?” 

 

He shook his head. “DO is also here so as some of our brods.” 

 

“I see.” 

 

If it’s his brods, it means there’s a possibility that my brothers and Jiyong will be here. Chanyeol texted me earlier that he’ll go clubbing with me tonight. So here I am patiently waiting for him and for our other brothers. 

 

“How about you, noona?” 

 

“Oh, I’m waiting for Chanyeol and others. I need to de-stress.” 

 

Baekhyun nod. He took a sip of his drink. I giggled. 

 

“So, you’re an Olympic Athlete.” 

 

“Yeah.” He shyly said while scratching his head. Cute. 

 

“You should be proud! Not everyone can be an Olympic Athlete!” 

 

“It’s just that noona is so beautiful I feel shy.” 

 

I rolled my eyes at him and jokingly punched his arm. It’s hard. Olympian’s muscle, perhaps. “You know it won’t work on me. I’m immune to that.” 

 

Baekhyun bit his lower lip as he took another sip. “N-Noona, I’m not flirting. Geez.” 

 

“I know. I’m just kidding.” I giggled. 

 

We talked about his training and his upcoming games. He will represent our country for the Paris Olympics. He’s playing Judo and I was so shocked because he doesn’t look like an athlete at all. He’s not that bulky but I can clearly see and feel his toned muscles. 

 

“I mean, you look so cute. How come you’re a Judo Athlete?” I laughed. 

 

Baekhyun just shook his head while laughing. 

 

“Damn it…” Chanyeol cursed as he sat beside me. He gave B a nod while he pats my head. 

 

“What happened?” I curiously asked. 

 

“Nothing.” Chanyeol seriously replied. His lips turned thin as he seriously pour his drink. 

 

“Where are the others?” 

 

“They’re coming.” 

 

I just shrugged. These days Chanyeol seems a bit agitated. And hot headed. Does he has problems? School problems? Or… love problems? If it’s a love problem, he should tell me! My brothers don’t enter relationships, like me, so if he’s having a love problem then I should know! This is the first time! 

 

“Got problem?” 

 

He just shook his head. “Just tired from all the readings.” 

 

I chuckled. He’s in his first year of Law School so I bet he’s also busy. 

 

We just talked about school stuffs. Chanyeol and B is already aquatinted with each other because they’re both members of the same fraternity and because of DO. The reason why Chan didn’t became a earlier seeing me and B together. 

 

“.” Chanyeol muttered. 

 

“What?” 

 

“Sunbae!” Baekhyun said as he waved his hand. 

 

I look around and saw my siblings and… Jiyong. He’s wearing his plain white dress shirt folded up to his elbows. It’s just a casual wear and oh boy, he looks so damn hot. I bit my lower lip. 

 

“Noona.” Suho said as he kissed my cheeks. “Sorry. Traffic.” 

 

I just nod at him and shifted my gaze to Jiyong who’s smiling at me. It felt like my heart is about to get out from my rib cage. He sat beside Baekhyun while Suho is on my side. 

 

“Mingyu can’t come. Jeonghan will be in awhile.” 

 

I just nod. I took a sip and saw Jiyong grinning at me. 

 

“What?” I mouthed while staring back at him. How could he be so hot and playing innocent at the same time! 

 

“He’s preparing his final project. You know, art stuffs.” 

 

I’m actually not talking to Suho but I gave him a smile. Surely, no one saw me and Jiyong stealing glances at each other. And I don’t even know why we are doing this. We can talk like usual. We’re classmates. My brothers were his friends. And yet, we’re talking through our eyes. Like being caught talking is a scandal. 

 

Jiyong took out his phone and typed something. I raised my eyebrows. Who’s he texting? A girlfriend, maybe? 

 

As he put down his phone, I felt my phone vibrated. I bit my lower lip and looked away. 

 

 

Jiyong: 

You look so beautiful tonight. 

 

 

 

If it isn’t for the blinding lights of the club, everyone might see my blushing cheeks. I look at Jiyong and caught him blatantly staring at me. With a smirk on his face. 

 

I rolled my eyes at him, hiding the giddy feeling I have right now. Damn it. 

 

 

 

Me: 

My, thank you. You look dashing as well, my love. 

 

 

 

I tease. I saw Jiyong looking at his phone as he shook his head. He is playing with his lip while looking at me. Oh, boy! The trouble is really you. 

 

 

“Noona, I’ll just greet my friends.” Chanyeol said. 

 

“Sure. I’ll just stay here.” 

 

Everyone seems busy with themselves. Suho and Baekhyun also went to another table to greet their friends. Jeonghan is now on the dance floor and… yes, flirting. I shook my head because I know he’ll end up walking out of this club with someone else. Like a book-coded playboy. 

 

I was busy looking at Jeonghan when I felt Jiyong sat beside me. Damn his perfume is making me feel giddy. 

 

“Hey…” he said in a playful tone. Still, wearing a huge grin on his face. 

 

“Hey…” 

 

“Wanna get out of here?” He asked. And damn it, his voice is so damn hot. Sultry. 

 

I grinned. I playful placed my hand on his lap. “Really? And then what?” 

 

“Hmm. Maybe have a cup of coffee?” 

 

I blurted a heartfelt laugh. I can’t believe this! Here I am trying to flirt with all my might and he just want to have a cup of coffee? This is ing hilarious! 

 

I wiped my tears on my eyes from so much laughing. “Damn it. My love, can’t you see? I’m so ing interested with you. Aren’t you going to make a move or something?” 

 

Maybe it’s the alcohol or maybe it’s just me. I am being honest with him. I like him. I am ing interested with him. But I won’t tell him that I like him. Heck, hell will break loose if I do tell him that. Because men, in general, will avoid women who blatantly tell how much you like or love them. 

 

“I won’t.” 

 

I pouted. Jiyong is so tough. Damn it. 

 

I took another sip. I felt dizzy but I am fine. Not drunk yet. Maybe? Because it’s just my 3rd glass! 

 

“Why?” I bit my lower lip. 

 

I stare at Jiyong with a heavy lidded eyes. I feel sleepy staring at him. Jiyong has a sharp eyes and sharp nose and sharp jaws. But when he smiles, just like right now, his sharp expression turns to a soft one. I like the edgy Jiyong. I also like the soft Jiyong. Heck, I like the two version of him.  

 

“Because you are a playgirl.” He jokingly said as he brush away the hair on me cheeks. 

 

“And so you are. So, we are the same! We are a match!” 

 

Even with the loud noice, I heard his soft chuckles. “I’m done playing, love. And right now, I’m not looking for something… like love and relationships.” 

 

I sighed and calmed myself. “Well, me too. I’m not looking for a relationship.” 

 

“So, what do you suggest huh?” 

 

“… buddies?” 

 

Oh, Lord! What am I saying to him? I’m not supposed to say that! I don’t do buddies! I don’t around! ! I may be a flirt but not to the extent of doing stupid things like that! My mom will kill me! My dad’s bodyguards will definitely tell dad! And Seven and Dad’s PR team will go crazy once more when a news about me caught doing… nasty things. I will definitely get a plane ticket to America! And this time, a real ‘exile’ will happen! 

 

I saw Jiyongs eyebrows furrowed. His lips were thin line and his jaw tensed. Which made me wonder. Did I say something wrong? 

 

He leaned forward and stopped midway. His lips were pressed on my ears. I can feel his hot breath and , I felt the blood rushing on my veins. I feel hot. I feel nervous. I feel excited. All at the same time. 

 

“Don’t say things you don’t mean…” he whispered. 

 

I was out of breath for a minute. My heart is doing backflips and I thank the gods that he moved away. Because damn, I feel like if he didn’t move away, I might pull him for a kiss. . What the heck am I thinking?! 

 

“I-I mean it…”

 

Really, Sandara? Really? Thinking about kissing him is borderline ‘fine’ but proposing for a -buddy? Are you out of your mind?! 

 

“It’s just the alcohol talking.” 

 

“I’m not drunk nor tipsy.” 

 

“So, you wanna be buddies and study buddies?” He seriously asked me. 

 

“Y-Yes…”

 

Am I? Can I really do this? Can I really do this with him? 

 

I may be old and responsible but I don’t know if I can do this. I don’t know if I can handle this because… I don’t know how to do this things. 

 

I saw Jiyongs smirk. He wetted his lips with his tongue. 

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Y-Yeah…”

 

He held my hand that was resting on his lap. “We’ll talk about this in some other time.” 

 

Jiyong got up and waved his hand. I saw him walked to some men from another table leaving me dumbfounded and somehow… excited and troubled. 

 

“What the heck am I doing…” I mumbled as I took another shot before walking towards the dancefloor and swayed my hips to erase the embarrassment that I am feeling. 

 

The song is upbeat and everyone is dancing and jumping like there’s no tomorrow. I am doing the same thing. Damn it. Why did I suggest that? Am I that thirsty? Am I that attracted to him? To offer myself like that? A relationship without feelings. I am okay with that because I can’t love someone. But, physical relationship? Am I really into that? Or is this just one of those spur of the moment? 

 

And if he agrees, can I really do it? ! buddies? Really? I’m sure as hell he’s had his fair share of buddies before but damn it! He’ll be my first! 

 

I felt a warm and familiar hand on my waist. I know it’s Jiyong. I know how he smells. I know his touch. And he’s doing it again— lightly pinching the exposed skin on my stomach. 

 

“Love…” he whispered in my ear. 

 

Be still, my heart! This is not the right time to be this excited! But I am excited! I can feel the tension between us. I know for sure, I am not the only one who can smell the attraction and the tension. 

 

“Yes, my love…” I replied as I sway my hips and raised my hand in the air. 

 

He made me look at him by turning me around. I was giggling. I rested both of my hand on his neck. Jiyong looked at me with heavy lidded eyes. 

 

“Let’s get a cup of coffee. Please?” 

 

I laughed. Oh, boy! 

 

 

 

 

 

MONDAY CAME AND everyone is so tensed. Who wouldn’t? This is exam week. 

 

After that “let’s be buddies” proposal I had last Friday night, I passed out. Like, literally. Good thing Jiyong was there with me. 

 

I don’t know how it happened since I didn’t drink that much but it happened. I just had 5 glass of scotch! 

 

“Oh, that? I heard the bartender gave you a wrong bottle of scotch.” Suho said as we eat our breakfast. 

 

“What?” 

 

“Chanyeol was so mad he almost punch the bartender for being stupid. His words, not mine.” 

 

“Noona could be in danger because of that ’s mistake!” Chanyeol ranted. He is aggressively munching his pancake. “Good thing she’s with… Jiyong sunbae.” 

 

Suho chuckled as he shook his head. “He gave you a ing Bruichladdich!” 

 

“No way!” I laughed hysterically. “Gosh! That’s like 90%! The reason why I got that drunk after 5 glasses! And , I passed out!” 

 

“I was more shocked at the thought that they had Bruichladdich!” Jeonghan in. “That drink is ing rare and expensive!” 

 

I looked at Chanyeol who’s still mad mad. “Oh, boy. How was the bartender? . Is he fired or something?” 

 

“Nope. Jiyong took care of the bartender. Since, technically, Jiyong owns that club.” Suho said. “And that bartender is his cousin. Who’s doing some part-time job.”

 

“What an expensive mistake!” Jeonghan commented while laughing. 

 

“He what? He owns the Club Echelon?” 

 

No. Way. Seriously? 

 

“Apparently, it’s his ‘baby business’ in College.” Suho shrugged. 

 

Wow. I feel like Jiyong is so… well-established. He is a graduating law student, he helps in their family business and he has his own business. While, me? What am I? 

 

The spoiled-brat only daughter of the City Mayor who likes to party on Friday Nights; the only daughter who is sheltered and loves the glamorous lifestyle. The spoiled-brat who had a freaking scandal. 

 

Somehow, I feel so small. 

 

“Noona, what’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked. 

 

I gave him a small smile. Damn it. They shouldn’t know I am thinking and feeling like this. 

 

“Nothing. Let’s just eat.” 

 

Why am I feeling like this. This… isn’t me. I am confident with what I achieved in my life. I am an Accountant. I am a graduating Law Student. I have many friends. A lot of people likes and adores me. I hope. 

 

The rumours about me… those rumours won’t and can’t affect me. So what if I partied for 2 years and just left everything behind? So what about those damn rumours? That scandal?Rumours about me that almost ruined my Dad’s candidacy? And one of the real reason why I ‘exiled’ myself in Hawaii? 

 

But after learning Jiyong’s achievements… I felt like we are not on the same level. Damn it. 

 

I parked my car on the schools parking. I noticed there’s a small commotion. A lot of students were gathering. I got out and boy, it’s so huge! 

 

“You! How dare you flirt with my boyfriend?” I heard the other girl shouted. 

 

I rolled my eyes. How can other girls be so pathetic? If your partner flirts or cheat to someone else, confront your partner too! Not just the girl—

 

“Excuse me? I didn’t flirt with your ugly boyfriend.” 

 

I laughed after hearing the other girls reply. I look at the girl and I felt like something in my heart warmed. She’s beautiful. Might be the same height as me. She has chubby cheeks, like a dumpling, and with a not so high nose bridge. And her eyes were slightly slanted but very pretty. y and charismatic, to be exact.

 

Her eyes… I can sense familiarity. Like somehow, I’ve seen those kind of eyes. It’s so familiar that I can’t pinpoint it. 

 

I just shrug and don’t mind it at all since it’s none of my business but I saw someone whom I thought I wouldn’t see early this day. 

 

“Jiyong…?” I muttered. 

 

Jiyong said something to the girl who’s complaining and grab the arm of the beautiful girl away from the crowd. My eyebrows furrowed upon seeing it. The way Jiyong looked at the girl, it seems like they are close. 

 

Are they dating? I asked myself. 

 

I unconsciously followed them. They’re now arguing but I cannot hear them. But later on, I saw Jiyong sighed and hugged the girl. 

 

I bit my lower lip. Okay, so he is seeing someone huh. Maybe that’s the reason why he just shrugged and laughed about my “ buddies” proposal huh. Really, Jiyong? You’re already in a relationship and yet you kept on flirting with me. 

 

Oh, wait. I am the one who kept on flirting with him! 

 

I walked away and pretended that I didn’t saw it. Life is just like that. Well, even if I am interested, I don’t want to flirt with guys who has girlfriend. I don’t want to be entangled with messy love triangle. I am not like that.