WHAT THE DID JUST HAPPENED??

Cruel Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the end of their second semester and the students are gearing up for summer break. People are starting to pack their bags as they plan to go home or go on a vacation, well, except for a certain blonde girl who was sleeping on the bed.

 

If there was something Kim Minjeong would rather do, that would be lazing around her dorm room all day.

 

Yes.

 

As much as she loves her family and misses them dearly, she doesn't want to go home.

 

Why?

 

Because she doesn't want to get the typical unwanted attention from her relatives during their family gatherings, which tends to happen weekly during summer break. The majority of her uncles and aunts just happen to have their birthdays and anniversaries during the summer break, it was torture for a person who is a homebody like her. She'll be probed by her relatives nonstop. From her life choices, school life, lifestyle, and even her own love life. Her Uncles and Aunts act like they have a say about her life and she's sick of it.

 

Was it really hard to believe that their meek and little niece just happened to be accepted in one of the prestigious universities in the country, only to take up Performing Arts as a major? 

 

It's such a waste, they said.

 

Screw them.

 

However, she knows she can't escape her fate, she'll eventually need to go home and face them.

 

But for now, she’s enjoying her time on her bed.

 

After her final exams yesterday, one of her close college friends, Aeri, decided to host a party at their dorm house, which resulted in her barely getting any sleep.

 

She deserves this rest.

 

*ringing*

 

Her phone suddenly rang. She let it rang for a while, hoping it would stop.

 

But it didn't. Ugh.

 

Begrudgingly, the blonde slowly moved from her very comfortable position to reach out for her phone. When she peaked at the name of the suspect who's requesting a video call, she immediately growled.

 

"What do you want?" The blonde asked as she tried to cover her face with her arm.

 

"Oh good morning to you, too, my dear cousin. I can feel the love and support from here."

 

The blonde girl could only roll her eyes from the sarcasm of her relative, "Why are you calling me so early in the morning, Wendy Unnie?"

 

"It's 8 am in the morning there, Minjeong."

 

"Exactly. It's too early."

 

She could hear her cousin's chuckle on the line, "You haven't changed at all," the blonde heard some random noises in the background. She slightly peaked at the video call and noticed something odd, "Wait, you're at the airport?"

 

"Ah yeah, I'm coming home soon…" Minjeong tried to listen to what her cousin was saying, but she can't help but doze off to sleep. Last year, her cousin decided to continue her studies in Canada. Unlike her, it seemed Wendy was quite excited to go home.

 

"...also, I met someone here. His name is Eric and he is so hot and handsome. Mom wants to meet him so I am bringing him home-"

 

This immediately caught the blonde girl's attention, "Wait, what?" 

 

Wendy raised her eyebrows, "Now, I got your attention? I had been ranting here and I got you through my love life update?" Wendy scoffs and acts hurt, "I feel offended, Minjeong-ah." She cutely pouted to Minjeong.


 

The blonde girl could only roll her eyes at her cousin's antics, "Don’t change the topic, Unnie. You said you have a boyfriend?"

 

"Yeppppp."

 

"Oh, so you were able to move on from her who shall not be named?"

 

Wendy rolled her eyes, "Of course. Why would I still be hung up on someone who doesn't exist." Minjeong nonchalantly agreed to whatever her cousin was spouting. After all, she knows the truth.

 

She knows that her cousin wasn't over her ex, after all, the she who shall not be named happened to be her cousin's first love. Actually, it was because of her who shall not be named that her Unnie transferred schools. Wendy was so hurt and devastated by their breakup.

 

Minjeong usually doesn't believe in a lot of beliefs, but after everything she witnessed in her 20 years of existence, she knows that first love never dies. Speaking of first love, she also has one. But unlike her cousin's romance, hers ended before it even started.

 

"Minjeong...Hey! MINJEONG!"

 

"Huh?" Minjeong snapped away from her thoughts. " You went to your dreamland again without me."

 

"Oh. Sorry, Unnie."

 

"So…"

 

"So?"

 

"Anything new you want to share with me?"

 

Minjeong furrowed her eyebrows and was confused, "Uuhhh...none?"

 

"None?"

 

"None."

 

"Oh c'mon, Minjeong. There must be something. You are already in your sophomore year and you're telling me you're still single?"

 

"Wha-" Wendy raised her eyebrows at her younger cousin.

 

Minjeong now felt small. Unnie is right.

 

She's already in the university, being surrounded by a lot of beautiful people, and is studying in one of the most prestigious universities in the country, and yet, here she was, still single and has a dry love life.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter