Midday

Once Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were an hour drive away. The weather was fine, the breeze was just right. The basket was at the backseat and the flowers sitting right at the shotgun seat.
After arriving, I checked my makeup first on the mirror, not too dark, not too light just the way you like it.
Getting out of the car with the basket in my right hand and the flowers on the other, I took a deep breath and walked towards the place where you rest.
I'm the first one to visit you today because there wasn't any flowers on your tombstone. Maybe your family and friends will visit you later but for now I'm just gonna enjoy this time with you.
I spread the blanket beside your grave and took out the foods inside the basket.

"It's been a year my love" I started talking to your grave as if it was you and you were still alive.
"How are you over there? Don't worry too much about me okay? Because I still love you and it's still you, always will so take it easy over there okay?" I said as I started to eat the sandwiches that I made earlier.

"You fought hard my love, I'm proud of you. I know you never wanted to leave me but your body was taking too much pain back then and it killed me just the same. Leukemia is such ." 

"It is indeed" said a voice that I have not heard for over a year. Aeri, Winter's bestfriend.
"How are you Ri?" Aeri asked me as she put some flowers on Winter's grave and sat beside me.
"I can't say I'm fully over her because I will never be, but I'm doing my best everyday to be better." I said as I handed her a sandwich and juice.
"You know t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter