Part 2

Merry Go Round (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was indeed her bed that she laid on. The cream-colored sheets, the nightstand at her bedside, the blinds that have been long shut — everything is Minjeong’s indeed and all these belonged in her room. But the girl that is currently slumped on her mattress certainly does not, and it caused her to rack her brain cells in hopes of recalling the events of last night.

 

, how did I end up back here? And with Yoo Jimin?!

 

Uncovering her blanket, Minjeong felt relieved that she is still fully clothed, as is the girl on her bed. Hoping that no funny business happened, she grabs her phone and frantically scrolls through her messages. Not a single clue found, she dials Ningning praying that the girl is magically awake this early on a weekend, but after three rings and no answer, she proceeds to call her next best option. 

 

“Seulgi unnie!”

 

“Oh hey, Minjeong! Good mo-”

 

“Unnie, what the heck happened? How did I get home? Why is Yoo Jimin in my bed??" 

 

Minjeong’s high-pitched voice turned into a hushed tone as it dawned on her that the person in question is just inches away. Afraid to wake her up, she transfers to the kitchen waiting for Seulgi’s response.

 

“Okay, easy, Minjeong. You were out cold last night so Jimin and I had to drive and carry you home. As soon as we dropped you in bed, you woke up so suddenly and still wasted, you wouldn't let go of Jimin's arms. I needed to go home, so she volunteered to stay back and watch over you. That poor kid…”

 

Her eyes widened in disbelief upon hearing the drunken act she exhibited last night, and in front of her six-day-old mentee. What a way to hold a lasting impression.

 

"Unnie, we hardly know each other, and now she's dead asleep on my bed! What if something bad happened?" 

 

"How would I know? You should ask her then.”

 

She takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself as she tries to picture what other dumb things she could've done. Drinking has been her body's defense mechanism when her mind gets attacked by the what if's of her and Jeno's relationship. And Minjeong is fully aware of the side effects that come with it, blacking her out of consciousness, just as she usually intended. 

 

"Ugh, I guess I'll have to deal with this myself...thank you for driving me home, unnie." 

 

“You’re welcome. I’ll leave Jimin in your care.”

 

Albeit being grateful for Seulgi, she has yet to fathom why her senior chose to come with Jimin, letting her be the one in the receiving end of her misbehavior. 

 

As soon as the call ends, she quietly steps back into her room and finds her mentee still in dreamland. Seeing the blanket that she woke up in, she realized the girl probably didn't bother covering herself. And so Minjeong proceeds to do so with an apologetic stare, as she imagines what the girl had to witness when she was in her drunken state.

 

She knows Jimin is a beauty, but seeing her this close is a first, and she can't deny wanting to rid the long waves of her hair, to see more of her face. She fights the urge, knowing all too well that she would be invading Jimin’s personal space again, sober this time. Her stomach lets out a grumble, saving her from another potential embarrassment. 

 

Moving back to the kitchen, Minjeong checks her fridge looking to fill her morning hunger. Thinking that Jimin could be hungry as well, she cooks up a sizable pot of seaweed soup, thanks to the stock of ingredients she hasn’t touched, with instant ramen being her go-to dinner this past week. She sets up the table for two as she waits for the rice to cook and the soup to boil. 

 

With her hangover still present, Minjeong isn’t exactly the gentlest person at the moment, and so the clanking sounds she produced in her kitchen were enough to wake Jimin from her sleep. Looking for her mentor, she fixes herself and steps out of the bedroom. 

 

"Sunbaenim, sorry for staying over at your place, I-", her voice sent Minjeong into a panic and an instant bow, with her eyes closed and her head facing the floor.

 

“I’m really sorry about last night Jimin-ssi, you went through so much trouble, you couldn’t even go home. I should’ve been more careful,”

 

Surprised by the gesture, Jimin lightly holds her by the shoulder and raises her from her bow. “No, it’s okay sunbae! We all have those days. We were worried about you so I volunt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter