Chapter 7 - Xiao Zhan's Luck

My Lover in the Alternate Dimension

3rd POV:

*1 week later*

All the interns had finished adapting to life at the company. 

Xiao Zhan had learnt a lot from working with seniors, employees and fellow interns. 

It was a very busy week at the company, due to the new product Wang Corporations was going to launch. 

Everyone was working overtime, searching for solutions to occurring problems and making plans and layouts of the product. 

Xiao Zhan, Luhan, Kai, Sehun and all the other interns were all over the place, delivering folders, documents, food, coffee and even messages.

At the end of the day, Xiao Zhan, Luhan, Kai & Sehun would meet at a not so popular library café which was almost all the time empty. 

They would have their dinner almost everyday there. 

Sometimes the owner, Mrs. Hwang would even serve them some alcohol to the 4 men because she was so fond of the men who were her only frequent customers. 

Xiao Zhan, actually all the interns as a matter of fact, had not seen Wang Yi Bo since the first day of internship. 

He was mostly locked up in his office having back to back meetings. 

It made some wonder whether he ever left his office. 

Today, was another day where the interns were scrambling around the office trying to fulfill every task given to them. 

It was then when Xiao Zhan was called over by a familiar older kind man, by the name of Mr. Soh.

"Hey, Zhan Zhan, would you be so nice and do me a huge favor?" Mr. Soh looked pleadingly at Xiao Zhan. 

Xiao Zhan flashed him a smile and nodded, "No problem what do you need." 

"I am down with the flu today and have absolutely no time to buy some medicine. Would you be angel and get me some tablets from the Pharmacy about 2km away from here?" 

Xiao Zhan smiled again, "No problem Mr. Soh, I'll be back as soon as possible. 

Xiao Zhan quickly pulled out his handphone to check the weather. 

After confirming that it would stay sunny for the rest of the day. 

Xiao Zhan marched off to the Pharmacy. 

As per usual, Lady Luck was not shining on him probably thinking, "Hell na, I ain't gonna sprinkle my luck on this man." 

Even fate in another dimension hated him. 

Xiao Zhan was attacked by a thunderstorm and was drenched from head to toe, when he was on his way back to the office. 

"Are you kidding me, he yelled to the sky as he broke into a sprint rushing back to the office.

When he had entered the lobby of the company his clothes were literally a faucet, dripping water all over the marble floors of the lobby. 

Ms. Wen Qing rushed out from her desk and ran to Xiao Zhan with a worried face when she spotted him. 

"Oh my god, you poor child. Why are you so drenched? Oh my, wait let me get you a neck towel."

Ms. Wen Qing ran, disappeared behind her reception desk and grabbed a neck towel from the lowest shelf. 

She rushed back over to Xiao Zhan who was busy wringing out his wet clothes causing all the water to fall on the marble floor. 

By the time Xiao Zhan had noticed what he was doing and how wrong he was, a body of water had already started forming. 

Ms. Wen Qing slightly slapped Xiao Zhan's arm, "Don't wring it out over the floor. What if people slip on it." she reprimanded. 

Ms. Wen Qing then proceeded to stand on her tiptoes to dry Xiao Zhan's hair with the towel. 

Xiao Zhan looked down and smiled shyly. 

Ms. Wen Qing's words reminded Xiao Zhan about the time when he slipped on water and fell on top of Wang Yi Bo. 

Ms. Wen Qing, who noticed his daydream-like behavior, slapped his arm again, "What are you thinking about now, huh! Your loved one!" she teased. 

Xiao Zhan looked up smiling however his smile was wiped from his face when he felt the air conditioner blow air on him. 

Xiao Zhan started shivering like crazy and his feet that were still in water filled shoes started hurting. 

Xiao Zhan felt dizziness overcome him and Ms. Wen Qing lost her marbles, "Oh my god, you look like you're going get hypothermia. Better go up to the office they have more towels there." she said guiding Xiao Zhan to the elevator and sending him off.

*At the office*

(you get a vague idea of the seating arrangement of the big office, not including Yi Bo's office)

Wang Yi Bo emerged from his office for the first time in the week and everyone in the office looked at him with anticipation

Wang Yi Bo emerged from his office for the first time in the week and everyone in the office looked at him with anticipation. 

"Your weeks of hard work and deprived sleep have not gone in vain, we have made and secured a deal with seven cities in Europe who are willing to let us station our department store there. Good job everyone and thank you for working so hard." Yi Bo thanked the employees bowing. 

Almost everyone in the department ran over to Wang Yi Bo in joy, starting to chat and congratulate him. 

Some called up the other departments to tell them the good news. 

It was then when the lift doors of the 27th floor opened and Xiao Zhan trudged out using the walls as support making his was to Mr. Soh. 

Mr. Soh, whose head was on his table trying to get some rest looked up at the call of his name.

"Mr. Soh, I got your medicine." Xiao Zhan said in a raspy voice handing Mr. Soh the bag of medication. 

Mr. Soh's eyes widened in concern when he saw Xiao Zhan's wet body and pale face. 

"Good gracious, Haikuan! Haikuan! Quick come here!" Mr. Soh cried out to Haikuan who was crowding around Wang Yi Bo like the rest of the employees. 

Haikuan turned around and walked towards Mr. Soh and Xiao Zhan, the rest of the employees were however completely oblivious to Mr. Soh's calls and just continued trying to talk to Wang Yi Bo.

 "Mr. Soh, don't worry. I'm...fine..." Xiao Zhan whispered weakly as his eyes started to fall closed and energy beginning to sap from his body. 

Wang Yi Bo's eyes, which were on Xiao Zhan the minute he walked into the office, widened in horror when he say Xiao Zhan sway. 

Yi Bo wanted to run forward to support Xiao Zhan but he was blocked by the crowd of employees who were surrounding him. 

When Haikuan saw Xiao Zhan's unsteady state and collapsing body, he broke into a run to meet Xiao Zhan's falling body and caught him in his arms. 

Xiao Zhan's body felt cold, wet and lifeless in Haikuan's arms, and this shocked Haikuan to the bone. 

Haikuan kneeled on the floor to give Xiao Zhan a more comfortable position on his lap and held him close to him. 

Haikuan ran is hand through Xiao Zhan's wet strains of hair gently and carefully hoping to comfort Xiao Zhan's sick state. 

Wang Yi Bo froze at that scene and his eyes looked like empty tunnels. 

He could not protect the one he liked. 

So the one he liked ended up in the arms of another man.

 

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote :)