CHAPTER 4

BLOODY DAISY - English Version

Seunghyun widened his eyes as their lips collided. Not only that, his brother-in-law even tried to it into a deepened kiss. Without further thinking, he pushed the man away, releasing his grip. The drunk Jiyong naturally doesn't have good self-control. He just fell to the floor. Seunghyun got carried away with emotion, was ready to fly his fist when he saw Jiyong move weakly on the floor under the man's desk, Seunghyun could hear the man's crying.

"Seungnie..." The name was called by Kwon Jiyong in tears before he actually lost consciousness. His clenched fists stopped in midair. Seunghyun tried to control his emotions. He couldn't get carried away with anger right now or he would be as ridiculous as the Kwon guy who is sleeping on the floor right now if that happened. He stared flatly at the man who was lying helplessly. His eyes that had been filled with radiance with emotions now seems to be sniffling. He lost his twin sister, and it broke his heart. Kwon Jiyong lost his wife, life partner, mother to his daughter. Not to mention, Jiyong also just found out that his wife died because of being poisoned. Acting like a man who lost his mind right now, that was understandable. Remembering the pain he was going through must have been much greater.

Thinking back to the cause of Seungnie's death, makes emotions creep back up in his heart. Unfortunately, he had to be calm, he shouldn't make any rash. Kwon Jiyong, who introduced him as a bodyguard in charge of receiving reports on Seungnie's case, from Detective Kang, shows that the man doesn't trust anyone. Maybe he should. Enemies can come from any directions. Jiyong must be aware of that.

His eyes glanced back at Jiyong, who was still motionless. Seunghyun wanted to go and just leave him there. He will just carry out his plan, and do anything his brain and instinct told him to investigate this case that already fulled his head. However, he stopped in his tracks. The man was after all Soo Ra's father and his sister's husband. Forgetting for a moment the annoyance received from that bad temper man, Seunghyun raised Kwon Jiyong’s body to the comfortable sofa in that room.

This is better. He will work on analyzing the information they gather, without Kwon Jiyong who is raising his voice every 5 minutes. Seunghyun sat back down in front of the pile of papers they should have discussed if only Jiyong didn't decide to get drunk and kiss him.

Seunghyun shook his head, trying to get rid of the image of what had just happened between them, then went back to working on the file he was holding. Judging from the long list of suspects, he could not finish this job overnight.

Motive! He had to find out the motive of the culprit who wants to poison Seungnie. By selecting who might have a reason to kill Seungnie, he can shorten the list of suspects. But Seunghyun also really understands that the factors driving this crime to happen can be hurt, revenge, jealousy, competition, seizure of wealth, and many others. He must be able to find the possibility quickly, but also without leaving all the details.

Well, Jiyong’s parents surely dislike Seungnie. Is that enough of a reason for them to poison their daughter-in-law? He had to ask Jiyong back later.

Then the workers at the Kwon residence are also suspect. After interacting for so long, of course, there is a possibility that they have a problem with Seungnie. Could it be that one of them had an argument with Seungnie?

He knew his sister was so gentle, it was hard to believe that she was being rude to other people. Even though he only communicated with his twin through the network, he was able to capture the sincerity and unreasonable calmness from Seungnie. However, of course, that possibility is still there. As a detective, he has become a professional at separating his personal feelings from his detective instincts. Experience taught him that every little detail must be paid attention to because it could be that little thing is the key to all the mysteries that exist.

He decided to make a list of possibilities and start all his plans after asking Jiyong.

Feeling that his investigation would not take him anywhere without the help of Kwon Jiyong as the main informant, Seunghyun decided to end it for today. He stood up and looked at Kwon Jiyong, who now snoring softly in his sleep.

The man looked so fragile when he slept. Seunghyun saw the current reality that Kwon Jiyong was nothing more than a man who tried to look tough and fierce to cover up his crushed feelings. Actually, the man's condition was not much different from himself.

But this Kwon Jiyong is really unexpected. Besides his bad attitude that tried to cover up his sadness, he was also an aggressive person. Suddenly Seunghyun imagined how that man's love life would be with his late twin, they must be a romantic and intimate couple, remembering how Kwon Jiyong was so lost that he needs alcohol to bear with his pain, that makes him lost his mind when he dares to kiss him.

Again, Seunghyun's feelings were tickled. There was another feeling that arose from within him as his memory helplessly returned to the taste of the lips of the man who was still curled up on the sofa. Kwon Jiyong's lips.

In all his life, this was the first time he thought about the taste of someone's lips. . Maybe he should get drunk too now so that the thought can get out of his brain.

Sighing, Seunghyun then walked towards the exit of the luxurious office, looking for someone to bring the drunk back to his mansion. Seunghyun certainly couldn't do it alone even though he was able to carry Kwon Jiyong's slim body but his instincts told him that it was safer if someone else would take the man home.

And he will follow him to live in his mansion. At the house where Seungnie spent his life with that man, to find the cause of death of the only sibling he had.

His work starts at this time.

 

***

 

Kwon Jiyong woke up with a headache and was very sick. The man groaned, clutching his throbbing head. Not to mention the feeling of wanting to vomit that he felt. As the feeling getting worse he urged himself to get up and fight his nausea to the bathroom and vomited all the contents in his stomach.

His knees almost failed to support his body, which now limp and trembling. Kwon Jiyong cursed himself. Again he knocked himself out by drinking too much brandy.

Who brought him here? One of the butlers? Or maybe Lee Seunghyun? Because the last time he remembered, he was in his office with that man. before he finally lost consciousness. What a shame.

Jiyong tried to remember what happened last night. He just felt like he met Seungnie, then kissed her lips before everything surround him went to darkness.

Ah, all this feeling of loss in his heart made Jiyong hallucinate a lot. Still, he felt that last night's kiss was so real. Jiyong did not have time to remember everything because the wave of need to vomit got in him again.

Uggh, he hated the after-effects hangover he felt. It really tortured him.

 

***

 

Jiyong had just returned to his study in the mansion at noon. Having previously played with Soo Ra for a while. Forcing himself to smile and play with dolls — still with his head throbbing. It was when he saw his little daughter that Jiyong's feelings began to improve. Soo Ra can always be the healer of the wound in his heart. The child never fails to be a reminder that he must be strong, that he is not alone, that he has someone to focus on at this time.

From Soo Ra, he also finds out that Lee Seunghyun has moved into the mansion because this little girl is chattering endlessly about ahjussi who seems to be her favorite now.

Yesterday after he ordered Seunghyun to stay at the mansion, Jiyong did call Mr. Ma to arrange one of the rooms in his mansion for their new guest. But since he left the room earlier, he had not seen this man. Where is he? He should be standing near to him as the bodyguard and personal assistant he can’t be this neglectful?

While his mind was wondering, the door to his study was knocked and a face appeared from there. Looking relaxed in a neat polo shirt and khakis, the boy seemed to have woken up earlier. Somehow the sake of seeing Seunghyun's face that looks so calm and… handsome, made Jiyong want to search him with questions and protest about his delay in coming to his side when Seunghyun handed the paper in his hand to Jiyong.

He welcomed and read the sheet of paper, and his face turned slightly red. Shame on his own thoughts. He almost scolded Seunghyun and accused him of being irresponsible, when in reality he was the one who was constantly being stupid.

The paper in his hand contained the results of Seunghyun's investigation. If you look at the number of people who have been crossed off the suspect list, it's likely that Seunghyun collected them himself since morning without his help.

Of the 9 people who work at his house — whom Jiyong put in the list of people who should be suspected, all of them have been crossed off the list.

"For the time being, we can remove them from the investigation list. I've asked some of the workers who live in this mansion earlier.” Jiyong raised his eyebrows. Didn't they agree to hide this matter from people?

"Of course I didn't tell the truth and asked them directly what we were looking for," Seunghyun seemed to catch the question Jiyong had from the way he looks at him.

The man then continued, “I introduced myself to your workers, and like small talk as if I wanted to know about Seungnie's daily life. They all know that I am Seungnie's twin whom she never met. It's quite easy to get them to talk and gain the information."

Jiyong is still silent. He knew that Seunghyun wasn't done with his explanation. The man let him continue his sentence.

“Mr. Ma, he seems very close to Seungnie, he also tells about Seungnie with sadness in his eyes. The pain seemed unreasonable, he looked like someone who was losing his child. During the chat, he also shared that Seungnie is very close to the workers, and doesn't have any significant problems with them. Aunt Seok, Han Min, Kang Jun, and uncle Jin. Neither of them looked suspicious. It seems they all really love and miss Seungnie. It remains uncle Jin's son, and Soo Ra’s private teacher, and the two housekeepers whom I haven't met, but I don't think it's necessary. At least not yet need right now."

"Why so? Shouldn't you miss anyone? We could get strange facts from them." Jiyong asked in banmal language but this time in a calmer tone. However, hearing that the person close to him was not the culprit makes him calm a little.

"I've been thinking about it. At least this time I'm looking for information about the alibis about their whereabouts, and some people have alibis that prove that none of these people were around Seungnie at the time of the incident. They were all in this house then. Mr. Ma testified that he ordered workers to help him move goods from the warehouse on Seungnie's orders. So the three of them were clearly here on the day Seungnie died. Likewise with Soo Ra's private tutor. She happens to have a teaching schedule and is with Soo Ra that day. Kang Jun the driver, didn't accompany Seungnie as usual because Seungnie insisted to go and driving alone."

"So what we have to look for further is who Seungnie met at that time. You know for sure that cyanide is a very fast-acting poison. At least the perpetrator was with Seungnie half an hour earlier. Seeing the amount of poison found, it didn't take long for the cyanide to show symptoms after Seungnie drank it."

The two of them fell silent after that. The person who found Seungnie at that time was a waitress at the cafe that Seungnie visited. At that time Seungnie was alone there.

"CCTV. We have to check the CCTV at the cafe.” Jiyong concluded.

Seunghyun nodded in agreement. "We need Detective Kang's help to do this."

"Ok."

Of course, they need Detective Kang's help. Seunghyun can't just ask for CCTV footage from the manager of the Caffe.

If only it wasn't for his status, Jiyong knows this investigation would have been easier. He can hand it over directly to the police. The authorities are certainly more free to investigate it. But with the current situation, it would be an uproar if the real situation spread out there.

Rumors spread about him as a businessman with iron hands were commonplace. Various speculations will arise, his enemies will use this opportunity to destroy him.

Not to mention that the mastermind of this murder could be someone close to him. He was worried that when this news broke, the perpetrators would be even more alert. So for now it is best to do it quietly.

They have the distinct advantage of not having anyone know about the investigation. The perpetrator will feel calm because he thinks Jiyong doesn't know the real cause of Seungnie's death. And when the perpetrator is off-guard, it's easier to find loopholes.

Jiyong observed Seunghyun in front of him. Why did he feel that the man had been trying to avoid his gaze all along? He shook his head slowly. This wasn't the time for him to think about insignificant things. Even though he still felt something stuck in his heart, Jiyong tried to ignore it.

"I'll contact Detective Kang, right away."

"Then I'll excuse myself, Kwon Jiyong-Ssi. There are other things I have to do. "

Jiyong just nodded, watching Seunghyun until he disappeared behind the door, before finally reaching for his cell phone and calling Detective Kang.

 

***

 

“Soo Ra’nie. Grandma should talk to your papa for a bit, Soo Ra can play with Ahjumma, okay? Han Min, please take Soo Ra to play in the park.” Madame Kwon or Kwon Jiyong's mother said to her only grandchild when the woman came to the mansion in the afternoon.

When Han Min, the nanny took her hand Soo Ra, refuse her and ran away while chattering.

"Aniya. Soo Ra wants to play with Ahjushi."

"Ahjushi?" The grandmother frowned.

"Hmm," replied Soo Ra, nodding her ponytail head. "Seunghyun Ahjushi." She continued before leaving.

Han Gi Ran turned back her gaze to her son who was closely observing the expression on his mother's face.

"Who is Seunghyun?" Her eyes widened when she remembered something.

"Don't say that what Soo Ra means is Lee Seunghyun, Seungnie's twin brother," the mother said investigating. Jiyong sighed, then nodded his head.

"Yes Eomma, it’s the same Seunghyun you mentioned," Jiyong replied straightforwardly.

"Why is that man still here?" asked Han Gi Ran again.

"I ask him to work as my bodyguard ."

"What for? Why is it so suddenly? Don't you have two bodyguards already? "She asks furiously.

The mother looked at Jiyong sharply. Trying to find out the real reason. She did not believe that Jiyong would easily hire new employees because his son was not someone who would give anyone a job just because of family relationships. Even though it is Seungnie's twin brother though.

Jiyong frowned, seemingly not wanting to talk about his decision to hire Lee Seunghyun, because that man is here now for some purpose and it could be closely related to his parents. Because Seunghyun has not yet crossed the names of his parents from the list of suspects.

“ I need a bodyguard who lives in the mansion who also doubles as my personal assistant, and Seunghyun-Ssi needs a job. What's wrong with that? "

“But why does it have to be Lee Seunghyun? You can recruit professional staff if you really need bodyguards and assistants. ” Madame Kwon start to see her son's face harden as she made the argument and the boy's answer confirmed it.

"Never mind Eomma, there's nothing wrong with choosing him as a bodyguard. Soo Ra likes him anyway. " Jiyong ended their argument. He didn't want to extend the story about Seunghyun anymore.

"What does Eomma want to talk to me about?" The man tries to change the subject. Han Gi Ran took a deep breath, then adjusted her seat.

“Stay with us for a while. So Eomma can help you take care of Soo Ra, ”she said after. Jiyong shook his head slowly.

"No need, Eomma. I can take care of everything." It's not that he doesn't want to accept help from his mother, it's just that he can’t leave the house he shares with Seungnie — even if it's only temporarily, makes him uncomfortable. He wants to stay with Seungnie's memories forever. After all, the investigative activities he and Lee Seunghyun did would be hampered, if they were in his parent's mansion.

"Shouldn't you stay with Eomma and Appa? It's not good to bury yourself in sadness. The dead can never come back. The one who remains must continue with his life, Jiyong-ah."

Jiyong looked closely at his mother's face. He did not understand the meaning of his mother's words. Is it meant to strengthen him, or ask him to quickly forget about Seungnie? Remembering how much his mother and father hated Seungnie. The possibility is the second one.

Jiyong rubbed his face tiredly. Not wanting to argue further with his mother, he chose not to respond to her mother's words.

“I'm not going anywhere, neither Soo Ra. We'll stay here. Thank you for worrying about us, but I'm sure we'll be fine." Jiyong made his point clear. The mother looks disappointed and the woman's face looks grim again,

"I know you are still grieving because of the death of your wife, but you still have to move on with your life ..."

“Eomma! How many times do I have to listen to your advice to get on with my life? What do you really mean with your word? As if you want me to remarry while Seungnie's grave hasn't dried up yet ?!” Jiyong's voice rose without realizing it, making Madam Kwon look angry and the woman got up from her seat.

"Yes! If that's what it takes to bring you back to life then I will answer YES! Look at yourself, Kwon Jiyong! You're like a living corpse after Seungnie's death, why are you torturing yourself for that woman?!” Madame Kwon said angrily, she didn't care how Jiyong's face turned pale but his ears turned red because of the emotions she was holding back.

"SHE'S MY WIFE AND I LOVE HER!" Jiyong shouted, before then there was a loud slap roaring in the room which was then silent.

“ How dare you shout at your mother! " The sound of Mrs. Kwon sounded sizzling angrily.

“ If you want me to be polite, then stop harassing Seungnie because I won't marry any woman other then her. So, stop hoping," Kwon Jiyong coldly replied as he turned around and walked away from his mother's face.

“Kwon Jiyong! Come back here, I haven't finished talking to you! ” Madame Kwon shouted again but Jiyong ignored her. The man continued to walk with wide strides towards the door which when he opened it turned out that his gaze caught the figure of Lee Seunghyun who had been standing in front of the room's door while carrying Soo Ra in his arms.

The man felt two pairs of eyes staring at him. The first was from Kwon Jiyong who was surprised to see him and from Madame Kwon who looked at him from a distance when the door opened. The face of the woman who was stricken with anger seemed to shine a gaze full of hatred, even more, when she saw that figure carrying Soo Ra.

Kwon Jiyong realized Lee Seunghyun's eyes were not directed at him but at the figure behind him, namely his mother. The man closed the door to his study so that the eyes of the two were cut off and his wife's twin turned his eyes to him.

"Is everything alright, Kwon Jiyong’ssi?" Those are the words Seunghyun spoke to him, while Soo Ra, who had hidden her face around Seunghyun's neck, now turns her head to look at his father.

"Is halmeoni angry to you again, papa?" the little girl asked. Jiyong let out a long sigh and swallowed the saliva that had stuck in his throat. The man rubbed his face before then smiled gently at Soo Ra who was still staring at him with an innocent gaze.

"No, of course not. Halmeoni is not angry with Papa,” said the man while grabbing Soo Ra from Seunghyun's arms, for some reason he felt an incomprehensible threat when he saw how Soo Ra was so familiar with this man. Kwon Jiyong didn't like that feeling.

Soo Ra, who obediently shifts in arms, hugs her father and stares at Jiyong's cheeks, which still look red. This certainly did not escape Lee Seunghyun's view as well.

“Just ignore what had just happened. Where have you been? I tried to call you but your cellphone is not active! " Jiyong took out his frustration on the boy in front of him.

Lee Seunghyun bowed his head respectfully.

"Forgive me. I bought a new cell phone with a new number to streamline communication. Because all this time the cellphone and the number I use are still numbers from Canada, so calling costs can be very expensive ... "

Kwon Jiyong never thought about it. Of course. For a policeman like Lee Seunghyun, telephone roaming charges are very expensive, not to mention that using a different signal can hinder communication. The man snorted,

"Claim the new cellphone and the number to me," The man said lightly. Kwon Jiyong walks upstairs as it is Soo Ra's late nap, the boy takes Soo Ra back to her room.

Lee Seunghyun trailed the two of them and walked a little behind them.

"Papa, Ahjussi will stay in our house, ne?" Soo Ra asked while peeking at the Seunghyun he was talking about from his father's shoulder.

"Yes, ahjussi will stay with us for a few days," Jiyong calmly replied.

"Can Ahjussi sleep with me?" Jiyong grabbed his little girl's body and stared at Soo Ra's face, which looked funny as if she was asking a serious question.

"Of course not! Soo Ra is a girl, while ahjussi is a boy. A girl and a boy shouldn't sleep together before they get married, ”Jiyong answered in a serious tone. Soo Ra frowned, then looked back at Lee Seunghyun.

"Then Soo Ra wants to marry ahjussi," she says aloud as if it's a brilliant idea. Lee Seunghyun can’t hold to snort in stifling laughter, while Kwon Jiyong glanced at the man with an irritated look.

“Do you like ahjussi that much? You're not big enough to talk about marriage, Soo Ra'nie… ”Jiyong answered then tickled his little girl's waist, screaming in amusement right away.

They arrive in front of Soo Ra's room and Seunghyun smiles at his niece when Jiyong is about to take her in for a nap.

"Papa, can Ahjussi sleep in that room?" Soo Ra asks her father again right after Jiyong opens the door to his daughter's room.

Soo Ra pointed to the room right in front of her. That room is one of the guest rooms that are never used except when Seungnie's adoptive parents come to visit and want to stay overnight because they still miss their grandchildren. Meanwhile, Jiyong's parents never wanted to stay at the mansion as long as Seungnie was the hostess of the house.

“Kwon Soo Ra, ahjussi already has his own room downstairs. You can meet him every day, it's Lee's grandparent's room, what if they come here and don't have room to stay? ” Jiyong replied half clenching his jaw to hold back his patience.

“I want ahjussi to sleep in that room, ne Papa? Ne? Please… ”Soo Ra shows her pleading face which is certainly very difficult to refuse.

"Then what about Lee's grandpa?"

"They can sleep in my room," Soo Ra replied quickly. It's a bit ludicrous to imagine Seungnie's parents sleeping on Soo Ra's small bed. But seeing the tenacity that radiated from the eyes of his little girl, Jiyong finally melted.

“Alright… Alright. Ahjussi can stay in that room as long as you have to be nice. You can't skip naps like today, you’ll eat your carrots diligently, and not be fussy when you have to take shower with ahjumma, okay? "

Immediately Soo Ra nodded her head quickly. Lee Seunghyun laughed inwardly while he tried to maintain his calm expression. Seeing Soo Ra's stubborn nature, Seunghyun firmly believes that it was passed down from his father.

“Lee Seunghyun'ssi… Did you hear this princess's request? You can move into that room. Besides, I feel that the Lee family definitely doesn't want to visit here these days,” Kwon Jiyong told Lee Seunghyun that he only turned his head slightly.

The man he was talking to only agreed quietly, but without Kwon Jiyong knowing, he blinked at Soo Ra who was smiling broadly at him while waving before that father and daughter disappeared behind the bedroom door.

 

***

Detective Kang reports to them about the CCTV footage he got from the investigation process at a quite prestigious Café in Seoul, where Seungnie died.

The three men watched carefully all the CCTV footage that highlighted Seungnie's figure ever since the woman arrived at the cafe accompanied by a waiter who politely pulled out a chair for her.

Seungnie thanked him and then the waiters left the woman after leaving a set of menu books and serving water in her glass. Seungnie is seen staring at the menu book attentively, remembering that the woman stares a little longer at the menu page without even opening another sheet. Either she was having a hard time deciding what to order or she was thinking about something else at the time.

When the waiters came back and asked for the order, Seungnie showed a sweet smile while giving back the menu book. The waiters nodded his head after hearing what the woman said without writing down anything on the order book as if what Seungnie ordered was not complicated and can be remembered well.

Three minutes later Seungnie was seen taking something from the handbag she was carrying and took out a cellphone and looked at it intensely. The movements are very common and none of them are suspicious. A few seconds later, Seungnie was seen getting up from her seat and popping her head several times before walking away leaving the chair she was sitting on.

Through the footage on a different camera, Seungnie is seen approaching the restroom, which is quite far from her table, she enters the restroom and disappears there for about three minutes. The woman came out of the restroom and walked back to her table. At that time the waiters delivered their order, namely a cup of coffee with biscuits.

Seungnie smiled again and thanked him. She took the coffee cup and took a sip, looking back at her cell phone. The woman had pressed several times to her cellphone and her gaze looked serious.

Seungnie drank coffee from the cup several times until five minutes later there was something strange in her behavior. The woman is seen holding her head, first with one hand and then both as she starts feeling the pain.

A few seconds later, a different waiter approached Seungnie and asked about her condition. Seungnie looks unable to answer, the woman's body then just limps while her legs are seen twitching.

Waiters could be seen screaming in panic while some of the diners in the café approached and seemed to want to help. Seungnie's body is lying on the floor, and someone can be seen trying to give her CPR but not performing artificial respiration. Several people crowded around Seungnie until eight minutes later an ambulance arrived and officers carrying a folding stretcher carried Seungie's body to the hospital.

All these incidents, from Seungnie's arrival to the woman being taken by an ambulance, only lasted 37 minutes. It was 3:12 p.m. when Seungie entered the café in good health and came out of there in a critical state at 3:49 p.m. The woman reportedly passed away at 04.20 pm.

Seunghyun stares fixedly at the CCTV footage that has returned to the cut of the recording since Seungnie entered the café. His face looks tense and hard, his eyes do not blink to see all the sequence of events that Seungie experienced.

If you conclude at a glance, Seungnie did not meet anyone at the café. She came alone and nothing suspicious had happened while she was in the café until the cyanide poison reacted.

But for Seunghyun, he has a lot to explore from all the things that are in that CCTV shows him. And this material is still lacking. So less. Detective Kang only brought CCTV snippets at the time of the incident that highlighted Seungnie, but not the active footage of that day.

Even so, Seunghyun will observe what is there, later if necessary he will ask the detective for it.

Meanwhile, Kwon Jiyong looked devastated when he watched this recording. The man sat back in his work chair, staring deep at an abstract painting on a different side of the wall while Detective Kang looked back at the CCTV footage just as Seunghyun did.

"Do you have the full footage of this CCTV for the same day?" Seunghyun's question aimed at the detective while his eyes did not shift to all the ongoing events.

"No. I think we are focusing on the incident where the victim experienced a reaction to the poison,” the detective replied. Seunghyun was silent for a moment and then said,

"We need it. Everything that was recorded on all the CCTV cameras that day at this café, I need it. "

Detective Kang turned his gaze to the boy next to him.

"Do you suspect anything? All these incidents seem completely normal, ”said the man in surprise.

"Did you get the coffee cup that Seungnie drank?" Lee Seunghyun suddenly asked a question while glaring at detective Kang.

“Uh… that. No. Because after the commotion no one thought that this was a case of poisoning so no one thought of checking the coffee cup… ”Detective Kang stammered to reply to the other's snort.

"And you think that's normal? Have you ever thought that Seungnie might have poison in his coffee? Then that coffee cup was removed as evidence? "

There was silence in the room. Lee Seunghyun sighed regretfully that Detective Kang's response was slow to see the potential for the suspect to commit murder from all the incidents in the café.

"There are many things that we can suspect here. Can the quality of this recording be improved? We can emphasize some details that need to be confirmed here,” Seunghyun said again. The conversation between the two detectives with different backgrounds seemed to bother Kwon Jiyong's mind, who had seemed to be contemplating. The man walked over to the two people who were still watching the laptop screen in front of them.

"What do you mean?" the office owner made a voice, and Seunghyun finally pressed the space bar to stop the CCTV recording.

"First, I pay attention to the running time and indeed not a single second is lost from this CCTV recording. However, on the other hand, only two cameras highlighted Seungnie's whereabouts during this broadcast. This one camera is right at the table where Seungnie is sitting, another camera contains a short recording of Seungnie going to the restroom, going in and out of there." Seunghyun answered. Kwon Jiyong furrowed his brows as he didn't understand the meaning of what the man was saying but it seemed like Detective Kang was starting to understand what Lee Seunghyun wanted to know.

"So?" the question came back from Kwon Jiyong.

"It will lead to so many questions, what is the purpose of Seungnie entering the restroom because this camera does not show anything, here we are blind to Seungnie's whereabouts. And judging from the time when she began to feel the effects of the poison that there are two possibilities that could happen. One, the poison was given to the coffee; two, the poison was given when Seungnie in the restroom. Because the effect happened only a few minutes after he drank coffee or when he was not seen by the camera because he entered the restroom. What happened there? Did someone put something in Seungnie's coffee from the serving table? Because we don't know without CCTV footage from another camera. If so, who did it? Are the employees there or the culprit? Then what was Seungie doing in the restroom? Did she just go to the toilet or meets someone who was unwittingly trying to harm her?"

Kwon Jiyong gasped. He didn't think that far at all. Detective Kang straightened himself up and the man picked up his cell phone before anyone could speak.

“Hyeon! I need all the CCTV footage copies of all the cameras installed in the cafe that I needed at that time. Yes, all of it, if necessary the week before! Give it to me as fast as you can. You understand?!"

Detective Kang cursed softly, he looked at Seunghyun guilty for not thinking that far beforehand.

"Then about the possibility that we can improve the appearance of this CCTV..." Seunghyun ignored the detective's guilt and turned his gaze back to the monitor screen which showed the figure of Seungnie watching her cellphone for a few moments before the woman headed to the restroom.

“I want to be able to see what Seungnie sees on her cellphone. What was her concern before she left the table and entered the restroom? Maybe this could be a clue as to what he was doing there. If she promises to meet someone who doesn't want to be seen and asks Seungnie to leave her table and meet in the restroom, then what she sees on this cell phone will be a valuable clue."

Kwon Jiyong could be heard holding his breath, then turned his head towards Detective Kang.

"Can you arrange that?" asked the man in a tone full of pressure. Detective Kang is seen swallowing his bitter saliva.

“I’m not sure about the quality of the CCTV images, but I can try.” The man replied nervously. Kwon Jiyong only nodded briefly, then turned his gaze back to Lee Seunghyun, who was now pressing a button on the recording on another camera that was highlighting the restroom. He put his head closer to see more clearly because the copy could no longer be enlarged.

"What do you see?" Kwon Jiyong was curious and followed Lee Seunghyun's point of view. That man pointed his finger at a faint sign above the restroom. The sign is a symbol of a blurry picture, but that symbol is a general symbol that is installed in a restroom to indicate that the place is designated for women or men.

“This restroom is not a combined restroom. We can check in more detail later when we go to the café, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a joint restroom." Seunghyun answered while tapping the monitor displaying the symbol.

Kwon Jiyong, whose mind is now completely fixed on what Lee Seunghyun said, furrowed his brows, then met his eyes met the boy's eyes.

"It means…"

Lee Seunghyun nodded his head firmly.

"If Seungnie comes to the restroom to meet someone, then our suspect would be a woman ..."

 

============================================================================================= TBC