CHAPTER 2

BLOODY DAISY - English Version

After returning from Seungnie's funeral, Lee Seunghyun went straight to the hotel where he was staying. Return to the room where he spent the night in Seoul. Seunghyun opened the jacket he was wearing slowly, just placing it on the back of the chair. Loosened the tie, then headed for the minibar which is located in the corner of the room. Grabbed the random drinks available inside.

He rubbed his face roughly. The confusion he felt was reflected in his messy appearance. In silence, he then sat on the small sofa carrying a bottle of wine with him to accompany him to ease all the feelings that were raging inside him.

Lee Seunghyun filled his glass with red wine, twirling the long-necked glass before taking a sip. Several times it was poured, who knows how many glasses, he himself doesn't care anymore. Unfortunately, his body was tolerant of alcohol enough that a bottle of wine probably wouldn't get him drunk to help calm his emotions.

The man sighed. He just needed a little distraction, but drinking wine didn't really help much. He thought that tasting the sweet and bitter taste of the red wine he had just sipped might distract his mind a little. However, what happened was the opposite. The more he tried to forget, the more he imagined the pale face of Lee Seungnie, his twin sister.

He always remembered Seungnie's beautiful face laughing crisply at his funny jokes, he could see her smile everywhere he directed his gaze, her laughter, and Seungnie's soft and elegant tone of voice were still ringing clearly.

Seunghyun lays his back on the back of the chair, closing his eyes for a moment. Taking a deep breath, trying to inhale as much air as he can. Tight, his chest felt heavy.

It's useless for him to try to ignore the facts he discovered today when he examined Seungnie's body, anxieties that have weighed heavily on his mind since he made his 20-hour trip only to find his suspicions approaching the truth. Seunghyun immediately stood up. If he can't sleep, it would be better he spends it on useful things. To solve this case!

He reached into his coat pocket, looking for his cell phone. Reopen the message sent by Seungnie. The last message his sister sent was a few hours before he was informed that she had died. A message which he thought was very odd.

Sister

Seunghyun sighed as he read the name on it. Seungnie herself asked him to save the number name it as it. She said this with reason to bring them closer as Seungnie also keeps Seunghyun's number with the name 'brother' on her cellphone.

Silly! Seunghyun snorted with that idea at that time. But now he even doesn’t have somebody to call sister anymore.

His jaw tightened as he reread the message Seungnie sent after 2 missed calls.

'Oppa, please help me!'

Only that. The message is too short but makes him feel bad when reading it. He regretted having set his cellphone on silent mode while on a mission that day.

And when he read the message the next day, another message came from Lee Sung Han, his twin’s adoptive father, which hinted at the fatal delay of Seungri.

'Lee Seunghyun'ssi, Seungnie is in the hospital right now.'

The short message was followed by voice mail a few hours later.

'Lee Seunghyun, where have you been? Seungnie… Seungni is gone!'

It's that short. It only took that one sentence to make Seunghyun feel like the bomb was falling right in front of him.

Seunghyun frowned.

"What do you want me to do, Seungnie’ah… What kind of help did you ask me for?" he muttered to himself.

His twin sister never asked Seunghyun for anything. The woman seems very independent and doesn't like to bother others. Even throughout their interactions, Seungnie never told his problem. Their conversation was only filled with laughter and Seungnie's attention to him.

Asking about his condition, reminded him to eat, and advised him not to be too crazy to work.

That's what made Seunghyun think that the help Seungnie asked for was no joke. The fact that Seungnie died suddenly afterward deepened Seunghyun's suspicions.

But he knew too little about his twin sister. Apart from her little family, Seungnie didn't tell him anything. Stupidly, as an incompetent and ignorant brother, he didn't try to find out more about the life of his one and only family.

Now, his hope rests on Kwon Jiyong!

Talking about Kwon Jiyong added new problems to him. His only sibling's husband clearly doesn't like him, especially since they had an argument today. Since the beginning, even Seunghyun could see the man doubted him. The way Kwon Jiyong looked at him with a look ready to skin him as if he was a fake, the man's gaze annoyed him from the start.

Returning to Kwon Jiyong, Seunghyun concluded that it seemed difficult for them to work together. He, who is accustomed to reading someone's attitude, couldn't catch anything from Kwon Jiyong other than his initial impressions.

Or maybe it's just his feelings? He couldn't blame Kwon Jiyong either. After all, Seunghyun and Jiyong are strangers who just met.

Although actually, using word strangers to describe them was a bit odd for him because that man was his brother-in-law. The father of his little nephew.

Remembering Soo Ra makes up for his guilt.

If it's true Seungnie died because she was murdered, he promised to bury the killer with his own hands.

He would not forgive the person who took his twin sister's life, the same person who turned his nephew into an orphan at a very young age.

Again, the picture of Seungnie lying stiffly flashes and ends up returning to all the oddities that have happened. Seungnie's body has a reddish patch that he found in her inner arm. In his nearly 8 years of experience as a detective for criminal cases, he is well aware of these spots on the bodies of the dead victim because of cyanide poisoning.

When he first saw Seungnie's condition before her corpse was buried, his instincts as a detective emerged because of his feelings of guilt over Seungnie's last message to him. If Seungnie asked him for help and now the woman was lying stiffly in front of him, what would really happen? The deep-rooted criminal brain immediately believed that the death of this twin sister was not an ordinary thing. That's why he spontaneously looked for evidence to substantiate his allegations. And cyanide is the strongest suspicion he believes to be the cause of Seungnie's death.

Again Seunghyun tried to remember the odd things from all the events today that he met. Come on, Lee Seunghyun, think!

He paces in the room.

His mind then explores the atmosphere in the room at Kwon Jiyong’s house, where his instincts also tell him that something is wrong there. Kwon Jiyong's attitude shows arrogance, which is typical of the attitude of rich people who take good care of their dignity. The resistance was felt especially when Seunghyun was in the room where Seungnie was laid, where the people closest to the man gathered. Kwon Young Hwan and his wife obviously looked down on him, they also looked down on Lee Sung Han. It is possible that they also treat Seungnie with the same attitude.

He used to judge people's personalities and attitudes only by looking at their expressions from their eyes. As a police detective, he is required to know such basic things. And what he caught there was a thick, arrogant attitude in an atmosphere of forced grief. Only Kwon Jiyong, along with Seungnie's adoptive parents looked really sad and mourning, the rest only had fake sympathy that didn't even reach the eyes. Fake! That's what he felt.

Seunghyun suddenly straightened his back. He knows where to start.

 

***

 

“You may not know Seungnie. But she's not the one who triggers people to hate her to want her death” Jiyong said sarcastically.

Lee Seunghyun did not answer those words but just stared at Kwon Jiyong with a look that was difficult to interpret between pity or concern before he asked his question which made Jiyong unable to answer.

“Seungnie may not have enemies, Kwon Jiyong'ssi. However, what about you?"

So here he is now, back to Kwon Jiyong's house. Trying to convince the man to help him find out about the truth behind Seungnie's death, even though things are no different from yesterday. Kwon Jiyong seems to still not accept the news he has brought.

"What do you mean, Seunghyun'ssi?" Jiyong asked. His sharp eyes investigated the other person before continuing his words in an elevated tone.

“You want to say that one of my enemies killed Seungnie? You must have a good reason to say that or It’s just your nature to shoot accusing words to anybody. I'm not in a good mood. Seungnie was just buried, and suddenly you come with crap like this?"

Jiyong could no longer hide his anger. He almost collapsed after the death of his beloved wife that shook him so much. Then suddenly someone came and said that his wife died unnaturally, worse she was being murdered? Don't blame him if now he responds to Seunghyun’s statement with emotion.

"One of your enemies?" Seungri decided to focus on one piece of information he got. It was as if sentence after sentence of emotional tone uttered by his brother-in-law did not reach his heart at all.

"What do you think? I am a businessman with dozens of company branches in various places in the world. It would be naive to think that all this could be obtained smoothly. "

"I understand." Seunghyun, who is well acquainted with the criminal world, understands that a businessman must have rivals everywhere.

"But still it can't be the reason for your suspicion," said Jiyong a little more calmly, "after all the doctor said that Seungnie has heart failure," he said, much more slowly this time. Even though he had given up everything, saying it over and over again reminded Jiyong what he lost.

The businessman rubbed his face, which looked so tired. Looking down indifferently to the guest who was watching silently. On the other hand, Seunghyun gesture still sitting up straight like before. Calm without meaningful expression. Even if you pay attention, there are streaks of sadness that are quite obvious.

"What if I said that I received a suspicious message hours before Seungnie's death?" Seunghyun said carefully.

Kwon Jiyong lifted his head suddenly. His eyes widened.

"W-what do you mean?" Jiyong asked.

"You don’t talk nonsense, right Seunghyun'ssi?" he said curiously. The man forgot the polite language he had used earlier and using banmal again.

Seunghyun took out his cellphone, fiddled with it for a while, before handing it to Jiyong.

Jiyong received the cellphone, read the sentence that was printed. Then return it to Seunghyun.

"Only this?"

“I received this message while on a mission. When I wanted to reply I was too late. I even got a message from Mr. Lee Sung Han— ”Seunghyun didn't continue. Regret still haunts him every time he remembers it.

If Seunghyun picked up Seungnie's previous call and managed to help his twin sister, would that save the woman's life?

The thought loomed over him since Seungnie's death.

“Apart from that, I checked Seungnie's inner arm just before she was buried. I found red spots on her inner arm."

Kwon Jiyong furrowed his brows,

"Which means?" the man choked up.

"There is cyanide in her body. I have handled several cases of death due to substance poisoning and this can be proven during an examination by a forensic doctor regarding this matter." Lee Seunghyun answered calmly but made the tension in the room even thicker.

"OK. If what you say is true, Seunghyun'ssi. What should we do? I mean how are you going to investigate it?" Jiyong asked again in a half-whisper. He felt it was best not to just reject Seunghyun's words. The worst could happen. If Seungnie really died because she was murdered — even though Jiyong hoped that was not what actually happened, then maybe he needed Lee Seunghyun's help to investigate it further.

“We can investigate it from the people around you Jiyong'ssi. Sorry if I'm presumptuous, but I noticed that the guests who came were not as sad as they showed. They all look fake." Seunghyun looked at Jiyong, waiting for his response. The man just nodded in understanding.

Seunghyun then continued, "If you think Seungnie has no enemies, that means those people are your enemies or at least people who don't like you alive, Kwon Jiyong'ssi."

"That will be a very long list to write, Seunghyun'ssi." Sarcastically, but Jiyong did not dismiss Seunghyun's words. Enemies or people who didn't like him breathing is too many. Making a list might take an entire day. Not to mention the snake in the grass, which could be even more dangerous.

“We can start with the people around you. But Jiyong'ssi— "Seunghyun looked heavy to continue, "There are important things that must be done to determine the cause of Seungnie's death."

"What is that?" Jiyong asked carefully. His feelings began to feel bad.

"We have to do an autopsy," Seunghyun said quietly, trying to hide his own sadness.

"Excuse me, WHAT are you trying to say? I didn't hear it wrong right?" Jiyong's tone began to rise. His eyes glared at Seunghyun. The person in question was just silent.

"You must be crazy enough to dare to make such senseless things!" His breath began to rush. It was clear that he was holding back from jumping and choking the other party.

Seunghyun caught his breath, trying to stay calm. There was no point in getting carried away with emotions at this point. Despite the fact that he also felt a squeeze in his heart, when he came up with that idea.

"I also know that it is very hard for you to agree to it, Jiyong-Ssi. But that's the only way to be sure if you want to prove it. Trust me. If my guess is correct, I will ensure the toughest punishment for the culprit,” said Seunghyun earnestly.

“How can I trust someone who is talking about splitting his dead sister's stomach without blinking? Do you think I'll let you play with my wife's corpse? Let Seungnie's body be cut open just because of that damn guess? You must be crazy if you think I will agree to your plan!” Jiyong was furious. He saw Seungri like a wounded tiger.

"Then what if your guess is wrong? You just have to ask the doctor to sew up my wife's body again and bury her just like that? For a sibling, you really have no heart!” Jiyong is inflamed, he doesn't care anymore about all kinds of politeness calls.

As if an idea had flashed in his mind, Jiyong leaned forward and returned to speak in a tone full of hatred triggered by the pain caused by the terrifying image of the man's request,

"Or maybe you just don't care about Seungnie. You're a cop, right? Tell me, do you after this case for your own benefit if you could resolve it then you’ll get good appraisement that will get you promoted?"

Seunghyun's gaze hardens, he looks hurt at Jiyong's accusation. But that man didn't care at all. Lee Seunghyun had presumptuously come up with a crazy idea. Jiyong also won't hesitate to say harsh words to him!

"However you both separate for a long time and living far apart. Sometimes blood relations are also loosened in such a situation, right Seunghyun'ssi?" Jiyong said, sticking his last knife.

Seunghyun's face looks red. It was obvious that he was trying to suppress his anger. He took a slow breath, not wanting to get carried away with emotion. After that, Seunghyun looked back at Jiyong calmly. His expression looks cold and distant, but no one can read what is beneath that face.

“It's up to you what you think of me Kwon Jiyong'ssi. But don't you think Seungnie deserves justice if it is true that she died because she was murdered? " asked Seunghyun coldly.

"I am her sibling. Believe it or not, I feel the same loss as you. But here we have to think clearly. The important thing is to give her the justice she deserves."

Jiyong was silent, his fingers clenched into fists. He really wants to swing his punches on that cold face in front of him. Even so, what he said also made sense. What if Seungnie actually died from being murdered?

It would be very unfair for his wife if that was the case. However, doing autopsy means he has to let his wife's grave dug up, giving the forensics permission to dissect Seungnie's body?

Could he do that?

“You'd better make up your mind quickly Jiyong'ssi. A decomposed body will make it difficult for the autopsy process." Seungri continued.

Jiyong tightened his grip. His knuckles turned white. How could this person before him speak so calmly about a rotting corpse? What is Lee Seunghyun's heart actually made of? The corpse he was talking about was his sister's!

"Please get out of here Lee Seunghyun’ssi. I don't think we have anything to talk about anymore." Jiyong said angrily.

Seunghyun stares at him, still in the same calm manner. He nods his head then got up from his chair. Walk with steadfast steps without trying to look back.

The man was just grabbing the handle when the door suddenly opened and Soo Ra cocked her head.

"Papa, have you finished talking? Soo Ra wants to play with Ahjushi.” The child said cheerfully.

Since earlier she wanted to go to his father's study, invite the ahjushi to play together, but the ahjumma — his caregiver, asked her to stay in the room.

Luckily he's a smart kid. After the ahjumma left, she slipped outside.

She really liked Seunghyun ahjushi since her first met. The children's brains don't yet understand the real reason. She only knows that being around Seunghyun ahjushi makes her comfortable.

As comfortable as when she was with Mama!

Remembering her Mom made Soo Ra sad. Papa says mama was gone to sleep for a long time in another place. Soo Ra wanted to argue, her mother always woke up the earliest! It's just because Papa looks very sad every time she wants to asks about her mother, so she decided to stop asking questions.

Besides, if her mother really left, she would definitely come back soon. Mama never left her for too long. Soon she will come back again. That's what that innocent little girl thought.

"Papa? Ahjushi?" Soo Ra asked again when the two adults in front of her didn’t answer the question she was asking.

"Soo Ra’yah, ahjushi -" Seungri had not yet finished his words when Jiyong cut his words and said, "Kwon Soo Ra, Seunghyun ahjushi has to go now, he has to go somewhere else quickly!"

Jiyong got up from his chair. Walked towards the door, and took his child's hand. "Princess can play with Daddy, okay?" he said again.

"OK." Soo Ra nodded slowly, her eyes show confusion but she’s a smart kid, when her Papa calls her full name, it means that he doesn’t want to be argued. So although she really wanted to continue the story that Senghyun ahjushi was reading, she holds it up.

Seungri crouched in front of Soo Ra. Raised his hand to lightly the top of the little girl's head.

"Alright little girl, ahjussi was very happy to see you and will always remember you. Now ahjussi has to go, someday maybe we’ll meet again.” Seunghyun smiled sweetly at Soo Ra, greeted by an enthusiastic nod from the child, she didn’t understand that this might be the last time she will meet her uncle.

Jiyong looked away at the scene in front of him. Seunghyun's smile makes him uncomfortable.

The man stood back up, abruptly he pulls out a name card from his pocket and handing it to the man in front of him.

"Please reconsider Jiyong'ssi!" Jiyong did not answer him but receive the card and then quietly watched Seunghyun left.

To be honest, it's not just a smile, Jiyong feels annoyed whenever he sees Lee Seunghyun. His face was too much resemble of his beloved wife.

It's hard to explain! But surely he felt the presence of Seunghyun reminded him that he could no longer see that faces in the female version. In the form of Lee Seungnie, his wife.

 

****

 

The hand that had been holding the glass was shaking. No matter how he tried to hold on the feeling, still, his tears flowed down. Seunghyun thinks he's strong. At least that's how he suggested himself.

Kwon Jiyong didn't know him at all, but how dare that man to accuse him of doing all this for his own benefit! For fame and promotions!

He understood that the man was still mourning. Who wouldn't be sad when they found your partner no longer in this world? But underestimating Seunghyun's feelings is also not appropriate either.

The death of his father, mother, or people he met on his mission as a police officer did not prove that he was immune to the wretch feeling of sorrow called sadness. His heart screamed again in pain when one more person whom he could call family, left him.

The clear teardrops he had been holding finally fell. His breath was wheezing, irregular. It turned out that he was not that strong. His feelings were crushed. Just hearing the news of her death made Seunghyun's legs lose steam, seeing her laid in the coffin almost made him lose self-control.

The last time he cried was at the death of his parents, and now the new lost forces him to cry again.

Drop after drop wet his cheeks, flowing down the black shirt he was wearing. The sound of soft sobs, which he had not listened to for a long time, was now flowing sadly in the middle of the silence of the night.

He hated himself being so weak!

Sadness, pain, confusion, and anger gather together. Almost blew his heart out.

Seunghyun rubbed the clear liquid that blurred his vision with both hands. Crying was the last thing he could do. There is something more important than that. He must unravel the mystery surrounding Seungnie's death. Seunghyun had decided to investigate Seungnie’s death by himself right after he left Kwon Jiyong’s house, he must do that, or else he will regret it for the rest of his life.

Between his thinning consciousness, he was still shadowed by the face of her twin sister. The woman he had seen was lying stiffly in the coffin.

Die! An enforced breakup that unwanted to happen, and receives no suspension.

Die! The only person in this world who has the same blood as him is dead. She's not coming back.

Die! Seungri promised that if Seungnie's death was caused by someone, he would dig into the person's heart with his own hands.

He cried until morning, and couldn't sleep at all.

The sun was already starting to shine when Seungri got up from his bed, in the same clothes he wore yesterday. Without sleeping, the headache was getting worse. His feelings weren't any better than yesterday. There was still a big hole in his heart.

Empty, the feeling of missing someone.

Seunghyun got out of bed, walked into the bathroom. He needs to clean up.

The man opened one by one the buttons of the shirt from the cage. It revealed a muscular, perfectly sculpted body. His eyes stared straight ahead, at the large mirror hanging in front of him.

The hair that was neatly arranged yesterday is now disheveled, sticking out everywhere. The black shadow under his eyes became even more obvious. There were still areas around his eyes that were swollen from crying last night. His skin was so pale. Combined with his red iris, Seunghyun looks so pathetic.

If Seungnie saw his terrible appearance like now, it is certain that his sister lectured Seunghyun about the importance of maintaining health.

Seunghyun took off all the remaining cloth on his body. Lifting his legs, entering the bath-up. It's possible that taking a bath can relax him a little. He must be in top condition in order to carry out this case completely. How was he going to investigate this completely out of reach case? The only hope that if the husband of his late twin sister would change his mind, from there maybe he could do something.

Seunghyun took a deep breath. His head throbbed in pain. His right hand moved to massage his temple. If there is a miracle that in the end, Kwon Jiyong changes his mind and wants to hold an investigation to investigate his wife's death, Seunghyun will be volunteered happily. It’s certain that they will find it difficult to work together, given the bad results of yesterday morning's conversation. But of course, there is no other option. Seungri still has to try to convince that man.

 

***

 

Jiyong looked sadly at the family photo hanging on the wall. The picture of Seungnie kissing Soo Ra's cheek who was carrying her while Jiyong hugged them from behind. He smiles full of pride to have such a happy family.

Usually, Seungnie will make him a cup of jasmine tea whenever Jiyong is too tired from his routine. Asking the problem the man is facing. Gently massage his shoulders, then reach him in a warm hug.

Seungnie would rub his head, gently run down Jiyong's hair, whispering soothing words. That everything is fine, that Jiyong can definitely solve all his problems.

But now he is alone in the face of the greatest trial of his life. Losing Seungnie hit him badly.

What should he say to Soo Ra, who keeps on whining about missing her mother?

How will he take care of their only child alone? And now Seungnie's twins came to tell his suspicion that his wife might have died unnaturally furthermore that man asked permission to perform an autopsy!

He was tired, had not enough rest, and was too sad to think straight.

How is he going to get through all this?

Jiyong wasn't sure his brain could function properly without Seungnie by his side.

In just a few days, Jiyong had almost lost his sanity.

He's not even sure he can go through life without Seungnie.

In the past, he was just a monotonous stiff man. Instead of being like the general youth who enjoy life with various adventures. Jiyong spent his youth with papers to study, stock markets to watch, and sales charts that must be sure to improve over time.

Being the heir to a business empire required him to be a perfectionist. And spending almost all of his days, struggling with work is the price to pay. Jiyong understood that. He accepted without complaint.

His hard work has resulted in the success he achieved at such a young age. His face is plastered in various magazines. 'The Most Wanted Bachelor', 'The Successful Businessman in Young Age', 'The Most Influential Figure in The World', as well as many other titles that he holds as World recognition for his existence.

He already has everything at a young age. He thought so before meeting Seungnie. A shy smile and a blush on the cheeks as they made introductions Jiyong never felt something he had experienced before. Love at first sight!

Still fresh in his memory, about their first meeting. That day, Jiyong, who was bored with the crowd, tried to pull over for a moment. He quietly stepped aside and sat on a park bench, not far from the room where the party was being held.

He is tired of dealing with people who are full of fakes. The humans who dressed all in glamor to show their status. A being that despises other beings who are considered incomparable.

Jiyong, as a figure at the top of the hierarchy. Men with mountains of wealth, big names, and achievements, of course, become the center of attention wherever he is. Especially at the parties of the bourgeoisie like this.

People came to greet him constantly. Just respect, or with a specific purpose. Co-workers, sycophants, to big bosses who want to introduce their daughters. Hoping that Jiyong is willing to continue their lineage.

He was embarrassed by suave things but full of ulterior motives. If it's a woman's problem, he's never lacking. As a healthy man, of course, the southern part of its body needs to be satisfied every time and then.

Kwon Jiyong is not an innocent man, but he is also not a man who makes lust a major factor. He collected several partners in bed. But his slogan of ‘no hard feeling’ is the main thing that must be considered. As soon as the woman starts to show a possessiveness, he will quickly cut all relationships they have ever had.

What a jerk, he admitted. But who doesn’t if wealth is the only thing that women search from him to trade with a one or two night to be his bed partner he can do that, but he surely would never give his heart.

So when he first met with Seungnie, who gives him the sweetest smile without the slightest intention to seduce walking towards him, Jiyong felt strange in his heart. The pair of eyes staring at him was clear, pure, something he rarely met.

"Excuse me!" she said to him at that time. Her voice is crunchy, soft as elegant as her moves. Her long lashes showed as the woman blinked in confusion at the stunned Jiyong.

"Excuse me sir-?" asked the woman kindly.

"J-Jiyong, Kwon Jiyong." Jiyong quickly took control of the situation. Smiling elegantly, even with a heart that cursed his stupidity earlier. Since when has he been this unnerved by women's beauty?

"Can you move a little? I may have left a handkerchief here earlier,” said the woman, still with the same attitude.

Jiyong then stood up. Under his seat, there was indeed a light pink handkerchief.

"Ah, Is this the handkerchief you mean?" Jiyong asked as he handed it to the woman.

"Yes. Thank you, Sir. I’m sorry to disturb your time." The woman nodded slightly, then walked away. Just as graceful as when she arrived earlier.

JIyong just nodded in agreement. Return to sit, then cursing again. This time it was for letting the woman go without even trying to introduce herself.

But he didn't just give up. It's not Kwon Jiyong if he can't get what he wants. He has always been persistent in fighting for his will. He intends to find the woman who makes his heart beat fast. For once he feels like he will give his heart to her, then ask her for her heart, in return!

That was the start of their meeting. The meeting started with a sweet smile, which changed Jiyong's world.

The bloomed little smile disappeared instantly, his memory returned to the present. The fact that the woman who gave him happiness left and left a big hole in his heart.

Jiyong glared at the photo. Now his gaze is fixed on the little girl in Seungnie's arms. The little angel that God entrusted to them.

"Seungnie-ahh, baby, what should I do?" he said as if his Seungnie was there. However, the darkness of the night that accompanied him certainly could not give him an answer. So for the umpteenth time that day, Jiyong fell to his knees and cried silently.

 

***

 

Jiyong couldn't sleep at all. It was already morning, all night long he just restless with many thought flowing his head, missing his wife, feeling the emptiness, remembering about the possibility that Seungnie was being murdered and also Seunghyun’s face that comes and goes in between all the thought it gives him uncertain feelings.

Things like murder are not a joke, right? Especially regarding his wife's death. He couldn't just forget about it. What if what Lee Seunghyun said is true?

He will be a very sinful person. Let his wife's killer free. Seungnie deserves justice.

He will do anything for his wife. For Jiyong, Seungnie is his priceless treasure.

He and Soo Ra are two of the most valuable entities in his life. If it was for them, Jiyong could even kill without even batting an eye.

Enemy? Who is his enemy who dares to commit murder? Seungnie, of course, has no enemies. She is too gentle she even can”t kill flies.

The left chance about the murder would be Jiyong's enemy. If he had to make a list of people who hated him, one sheet of paper wouldn't be enough.

As someone who is in the business world, his rival is everywhere. In order to be at the peak of success, he had to beat countless competitors.

Of course in the process makes many people unhappy.

Not to mention the enemy inside his own company. Jiyong was not stupid enough to trust everyone not exceptionally in his own company.

He didn't just get where he is today. His father was a businessman. That man will not easily put his child at the highest range of power in their business. Kwon Young Hwan still owns 40% of the shares while Jiyong has 37%. To get that shares Jiyong had to fight hard to prove his worth to his father and by doing that countless company leaders has he defeated.

So if he wants to spill his true enemy he has to makes a long list that will get him a headache. Sighing hard with exhaustion, he forces himself to wake up when morning approached.

That’s when he saw his little angel running from the room and directly approaching him with still sleepy eyes.

"Morning Papa !" said Soo Ra who was in instant climbing on his lap and gives him a wet smooch on his cheek.

"Morning Princess!" reply Jiyong while staring at the only source of happiness today.

He hugged the child, holding Sora's waist gently.

“Papa, let's go and pick up Mama! It's been too long. Soo Ra miss Mama. Ne, Papa?" The child spoke premises and cheerfully clapping as if what she said was a brilliant idea.

Jiyong tried hard to hold his emotion in front of his daughter. It seems that Soo Ra doesn't understand the concept of death at all. She did not understand that the phrase ' Mama has gone to heaven' is the same as 'We will never see Mama again forever'.

How would he explain it to her precious daughter? Jiyong was so absorbed in his own sadness that he forgot that Soo Ra needed him.

Her daughter was too young to accept her mother's death. The mental condition of his child is something that should be his focus at this time. For that, he must be strong. There should not show his grief in front of his little girl.

Thinking about it made Jiyong try to put on a smile. The first sincere smile on his face after Seungnie's funeral.

“Hmm, but my princess smells so bad. Haven't you showered yet? " Jiyong said, kissing his daughter's cheek teasingly.

Soo Ra laughed because of Jiyong’s newly grow stubble tickles her.

"Not yet Papa. But I want to bathed with Mama, not ahjumma!" she said pursing her lips. Jiyong looked affectionately at his baby.

"What if Papa who bathe you?"

"Ne, ne!" replied Soo Ra, happily. She jumped up and down on his father's lap.

"Okay then, kaja!" Jiyong raised his daughter. Walk towards the princess's room which is connected to the door on the left of the main room.

Jiyong prepared the child's clothes after previously letting Soo Ra soaks in her bathtub and play with her favorite duck toy.

The man felt a little calm when he was with his child. At least he can put a moment to the sadness that has clung to him.

Jiyong put the clothes he chose for Soo Ra on the bed. He was just about to go back to the bathroom when his eyes accidentally saw a small black bag lying on a small chair among the rows of Soo Ra toys. Jiyong grabbed the black bag. Somehow he was moved to open it. His heart skipped a beat when he saw the object that was now in his hand. A passport!

He then unfolded the plane ticket tucked into the passport in his hand. A Flight ticket on behalf of Lee Seungnie.

ICN- YQB, Air Canada.

16.40-23.03, 10.10.2019.

The time stated on the ticket has passed a day. This ticket was supposed to be used yesterday.

If Seungnie didn't die, would she really go to Quebec, Canada? What for? Does she really want to meet Lee Seunghyun?

Why didn't Seungnie tell him anything about this ticket?

Jiyong is not the type of man who likes to restrain his wife. If Seungnie told him that she wanted to meet her brother, Jiyong would have allowed it. In fact, he will take the time to accompany his wife to go there.

Seungnie knows for sure that Jiyong never said no to whatever his wife wanted. Then what's with this secret ticket purchase? His thoughts returned to his meeting with Lee Seunghyun yesterday.

Was she really going to meet her twin? Why?

"Papa!" Soo Ra called distract him from the thought. Jiyong put the plane ticket back down. He immediately returned to the bathroom.

“Papa, why are you taking so long? I’m cold!" the child grappled while showing the tips of her fingers that were starting to turn white.

Jiyong didn't answer. He seemed dazed after trying to digest what he had just found out.

The man lifted his daughter from the bath-up, without opening the drain first. He didn't care at all about his sleeves getting wet when he grabbed Soo Ra.

Jiyong rinsed the remaining soap on the child under the shower. Turned off the tap, then grabbed a towel and cover her little body. He paired Soo Ra's clothes with his trembling hands.

"Soo Ra’ ni… Go have breakfast with ahjumma huh? Papa needs to do take a bath too," said Jiyong after helping Soo Ra put on her clothes.

He pressed the intercom button on the wall beside Soo Ra's bed. The call was directly connected to the intercom in Soo Ra's nanny's room.

"Time for Soo Ra’s breakfast," He said shortly after he heard the answer from the other side.

The man went straight to the main bedroom after the nanny came to pick Soo Ra's for breakfast. He locks the door, then sat in a chair with his mind swirling. His hands kept shaking. He grabbed a business card that he hadn't touched at all after Seunghyun gives it to him since yesterday.

Jiyong tried to concentrate on pressing the number as written on the name card.

He spoke as soon as his call was received.

"Lee Seunghyun, let's do an autopsy."

 

================================================================================= tbc

 

author's note :

I forgot to tell you how this collaboration made... >.<

So, Aleena and I consecutively wrotes the story every chapters. I wrote the 1st Chapter and Aleena will continue with the 2nd one. That's how we took turns writing our imaginary collaboration in this story until it finished. It's very challaging but so far I really enjoy that and I hope you all do. 

Thank you,

yonghee.