Chapter 23

Scandal 2

* phone ringing *

" What the hell! I've no schedule today."

Chaeng murmurs and she searches for her phone without opening her eyes. She takes it and checks the caller with half opened eyes.

" Somi? What does she want in early morning? "

Chaeyoung thinks. At that time, the phone call ends as she has no time to answer it. Chaeng smiles and she closes her eyes back to sleep but the phone rings for the second time and Chaeyoung growns in frustration.

" What do you want, Jeong Somi? "

" Chaeyoung-ah, I want to ask you a favor."

" Damn you, what is it? "

Chaeng curses under her breathe and Somi laughs. They have been friends for long enough and they can freely talk to each other.

" Iam doing a YouTube documentary. And I want you to appear as a guest on one episode."

" Hmmmm."

" Will you said Yes? Please. Please. Please."

Somi is almost using her high pitch tone and Chaeyoung has to agree as she doesn't want to hear it anymore.

" Alright. Alright. Stop now, girl. I'm free today. Shall we do it today? "

" Yay. Let's meet at 10. We have to walk a lot so we should head out before it is too hot."

" Ok. See ya."

" Bye, Chaeng."

Somi hangs up and Chaeyoug wants to sleep again but her eyes are wide open now and she jumps up on the bed. Ahhh, the world doesn't let me to sleep peacefully. She thinks and decides to get ready for her suddenly-got new schedule.

Chaeyoung chooses her grey vest and a short, and does self make-up by herself. Hmmmm, the eyeshadow is something I am good at. Pretty.

She smiles at her own reflection and drives to Somi's house where their recording will be started. The whole morning, they walk around in Seoul and does according to the script.

And they decide to end up their final shooting in a cafe. They decide to continue the filming after the lunch and all cameras screw up. Chaeyoung and Somi take order for the lunch. Chaeyoung is busy on her phone but her eyebrows furrow when she sees that Somi is staring at her with huge smile on her face.

“ What? “

Chaeyoung asks in an annoying way and Somi raises her eyebrow.

“ I’m just thinking that you are very good at acting. You should try acting debut.“

“ What? What are you talking about? "

" Stop running away and tell your guardian angel about the thing that keep bothering you. I'm all here to give you advice."

" Oh."

Chaeng nervousely rubs her forehead as she can't lie to her bestfriend. Somi smirks and she crosses her arms while leaning back to the chair.

" So, I think the rumors about Mina girl is true."

" Shuuuuu, why you have to be so loud? “

Chaeng glares at Somi and she whispers but Somi doesn't care and she keeps laughing. Chaeyoung pouts but she knows she can trust Somi and she will give advice to her so she decides to talk to her friend.

" Yeah, everything is true. We were on a date at Hawaii."

" That's funny. How stupid you both are. Everyone can point you out very easily."

Somi scolds and Chaeyoung sighs as she knows her friend is right. They were so stupid.

" Yeah, the only thing I saw at that time was pink love."

Somi almost splits on water she is drinking. And as a result, she received a furious little cub in front of her. She laughs at the small friend and Chaeyoung crosses her arms.

" So, what happened after that? "

" i don't know. Things happened and I was ready to fight for us. But the next thing I know was her new dating scandal with that actor. She is a player, damn."

" And you are a stupid little cub."

" What? "

" May be she had to fake that news so that the scandal with you will be disappeared."

" Hmmm."

Somi said and Chaeyoung becomes confused.

" Have you ever asked her what happened? "

" No. I didn't want to see her."

" So, you gave up on her and made tattoos one after another instead of proper talking to her? Nice move, honey."

" Aish, stop scolding me, Mom."

The two friends look at each other and they laugh together. 

" But, Chaeng, I'm serious. You are still not over with her, right? "

" Yeah, I love her a lot."

" Geez, our cub is in love. Ok, then let me give some advice. Running away is not the answer. You have to find out her side. If she is saying Yes, go and get your girl back."

" But the entertainment- "

" Idols are humans, too. We can find our love. We can follow our happiness."

Somi said and Chaeyoung smiles weakly. She nods at her friend and whispers.

" Thank you, you are my real friend."

But her smile fades away when Somi smirks all of a sudden. She grabs the camera and starts shooting again.

" What are you doing? "

" To put some fuels to fire. Just play along with me."

Somi said and Chaeyoung shakes her head. Somi is holding the camera by herself and Chaeyoung has to answer every question she asks.

" So, Chaeyoung-sshi, what do you like the best about Somi? "

" Umm? "

" Tell me three."

Chaeyoung frowns as she is not really into that kind of questions. She doesn't like to answer them. But Somi is smirking and she raises her eyebrows, signaling Chaeng.

" Ummmm, first of all, we have totally different personality. But second, I am really comfortable around her."

Chaeyoung blushes a little before she talks the No.3. She smiles and looks at the camera.

" Third, she knows me too well. She knows even if I didn't say it out."

Somi looks at her from filming and Chaeyoung looks up her. Their eyes meet and they laugh together.

Aish, this is the best decision she had ever made these days to meet Somi and accept her offer to be in her Vlog. Talking with your bestfriend will solve 80% of your problems everytime.

 

 

 

xxx                                         xxx                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

" Let's go in."

Yeri said quietly as she turns the doorknob and opens the door for Hyewon. Hyewon sighs and she takes a deep breathe before she enters the room where the furious CEO is waiting for.

Hyewon walks to the table and she sits in front of Bae Irene who is staring at her with sharp eyes and tightly closed lips. Yeri even feels like she is in between the hunter and the deer while taking her place beside Hyewon.

Hyewon has expected this already so she just sits and waits for the CEO to speak. Bae Irene is staring at ber for enough time and she slams the table hard making both if them jump in surprise.

" Kang Hyewon."

Hyewon looks at her. Irene smirks and she claps all of a sudden making them surprised.

" Well done, Kang Hyewon. Well done."

She starts. Her voice is a little shaking due to the anger. 

" Non-cele? Huh? You are too smart. We thought you are clear and even released official statement. Now, that person is dropping the photos and the internet is broken by this topic."

" I'm sorry."

" Sorry? If a Sorry can solve everything- Aish, we have planned for your comeback soon but now, we have to postpone it for a while. The stocks start dropping and the worst is that your fans are leaving. This can be the end of RO5EY. Do you even think for your members? "

She shouts and Hyewon just keeps lowering her face. Everything Irene said is true. Today, early in the morning, the person who saw Hyewon and her secret lover dropped photos of them hugging and the whole Thorns fandom is broken down by their Kang Hyewon.

Many fans become furious and they respond the situation in different ways. Hyewon even saw that someone posted burning her photocards and this makes her guilty and depressed.

" I'm truely sorry."

Hyewon can only say that. She knows she has caused a lot of damaged to the group. Irene nods and she stares at the idol.

" Alright. I'll take care of the rumor. Let's stay there is no such thing in your life."

" Nae? "

Hyewon doesn't understand so she looks up the CEO.

" Let's continue like there is no secret girl in your idol life. You only love Thorns and they are your boyfriends. And you put your members at No.1 place in everything. You are doing well with Chaeyeon and your OTP is strongly sailing. Understand? "

Hyewon is in shock and she is staring at Irene with wide opened mouth. Irene inhales a deep breathe and she ends her conversation with Hyewon.

" I don't want to hear anything anymore."

Hyewon feels like her heart has been taken out from her chest. But Irene is right. She has to make a choice, her love life or her idol life. She can't leave her members.

" I understand."

Hyewon answers plainly and she looks up again at Irene. Their eyes meet and Irene asks her.

" Are you sure? Can you promise? "

" Nae. I understand and I'll handle things."

Irene seems she is satisfied and she smirks.

" Good. Now, you can go and clear your mess. I'll take care of my part. Yeri, you have many things to do."

" Nae, CEO. I'll be back after I have sent Hyewon dorm."

Irene nods and she signals them to go out. Yeri helps Hyewon to walk by holding her arm as the idol looks like a zombie walking lifelessly.

On the way back to the dorm, Yeri keeps checking Hyewon from the back mirror but the idol is just looking outside by the window and lost in her own thoughts. They didn't speak a thing until they reach the RO5EY dorm.

" I'm leaving."

" Hyewon-ah."

" Nae? "

Yeri sighs and she tries to smile at the idol.

" Fighting, you'll be fine. I'm doing all my best to cover this issue for you."

" Nae, gomowo unnie."

Hyewon weakly smiles back at her manager and she comes out from the car to come up to their dorm. She doesn't want to face the members who will be waiting for her with worries. Hyewon sighs and stands in front of the door for a few seconds before she opens the door.

" Hyewon-ah."

As soon as she enters the dorm, she sees that the members are in the living room waiting for her. Chaeyeon seems she keeps walking around the dorm as she is the first one to notice Hyewon. Nayeon who is sitting on the couch and biting her nail stands up and runs to Hyewon pulling her in a hug.

" Are you ok? "

" ... "

Hyewon feels like her chest is tightened up when the leader hugs her. She wants to show some expressions but she can't. Yena walks to them and pulls the leader away so that Hyewon can enter.

" Let her sit down first, unnie."

Chaeyeon pulls Hyewon to the couch and let her sit down. Yuri runs to the kitchen and she comes back with a glass if water to give Hyewon. Hyewon wants to cry when she looks at her members. They are too good for her. And she had made something really stupid.

" I- I'm sorry."

" Hey, there is nothing to say sorry, buddy."

Chaeyeon quickly said. It makes Hyewon worse to see her members supportive of her. She stands up and bows making the members look at her in surprise.

" I have something to say."

" Hyewon-ah."

" I have made something terrible. The fans are furious because of me. I will take the responsibility. I'll break up with that girl."

" Yah."

" This is the thing I must do."

" But-"

" No, you guys are my No.1. I have been selfish for long enough. I should have known from the start that this love will be ended soon. Idols can't date. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I-"

Hyewon bites her lip as she tries to hold her tears. Her body starts shaking and she lets out a sob making Yuri to put the water glass quickly and runs to her to hug.

" Unnie, don't cry. You are doing nothing wrong."

" Yeah, falling in love is not a sin."

" But I-"

" No, Hyewon-ah, we are a group. We have to face this together. Don't feel guilty. And don't say sorry."

" I will do everything right again. I won't let Ro5ey down. I promise."

" Yah, pabo-ah, stop saying sorry. We understand you."

Chaeyeon scolds her and she hugs both Hyewon and Yuri. Yena also stands up to join the hug and Nayeon is staring at her members with teary eyes.

" We are family. We can pass through this together."

She said before she joins the group hug with Hyewon in the middle. Hyewon is really thankful that her members understand her and don't blame her. But this makes her more guilty. She has caused a lot of damaged.

She closes her eyes and decides in her mind. She has to bury her heart for the group. Love is not important when it is compared to life. She has to make the right choice.

She feels warm and safe in the members embrace. They are her family. She has to choose family over everything. Though she loves Eunbi with all her life, she can't be selfish.

" Guys, saranghae."

Hyewon said. The members laugh with teary eyes and they said Saranghae too back to her. Hyewon smiles in her tears. Yeah, this is it.

She suddenly sees the image of short-legged bunny girl with her iconic bag and Yujinnie in her mind. She doesn't want to hurt her but -

I am sorry, Kwon Eunbi. I'm really sorry.

Hyewon thinks.