Muse

Sugar coated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua was sitting at a coffee shop, like she always did on her lazy days, the first time she saw her. The girl was across the street, walking with two girls, she was tall, long-limbed, with red hair, plumpy lips, a bright smile on her face and her t-shirt was tight enough for Shuhua to noticed that she worked out, and is that a beauty mark right below her eye? Damn! One of the girls said something and she laughed, Shuhua couldn't hear it but her face lit up and Shuhua grabbed her pad, picking up her pencil and started to sketch, she had no idea who this girl was but she had to get as much of her down before she walked out of sight. For Shuhua, it is love at first sight. Okay, maybe not love cause it´s a strong word, but fascination surely, a sense of intrigue she had never felt before in her life.

.

.

After that day, Shuhua started going to the coffee shop every day in the hope of seeing the girl again, but it took a few weeks for that to happen. The girl this time is accompanied by a different girl and Shuhua felt her smile disappear when she thought that this could be her girlfriend.  The girl's phone rang and they stopped relatively close to the window, which allowed Shuhua to observe her more carefully. She was just so beautiful. Her eyes, her smile, her cute little button nose and was that a tattoo on her neck? Shuhua felt her heart flutter and go dry as she admired the stranger, she is wearing a white crop top with a black jacket and cargo pants which combined with her hair tied in a bun gave her a dancer vybe...she was probably a dancer, her toned body was proof of that and Shuhua wondered if there were more tattoos on her body. Realizing that the girl would soon end her call, Shuhua picked up her sketchbook, refining and redoing things that she had misremembered, she thought about taking a photo of the girl but she would look like a stalker.

.

.

Over the next months Shuhua would spot her now and then, with the girls she'd seen the first day or that other girl. Shuhua knew well enough that she had a soft spot for beautiful women but that girl had captured her attention in a way that not even she herself understood. One time, the girl entered the coffee shop and Shuhua almost fainted with excitement, the girl sat a few tables in front of Shuhua but she could never bring herself to say anything. After all, what would she say? She could never spontaneously start a conversation with a stranger. Especially one she is attracted to, "Hello, I saw you a few months ago walking down the street and my studio is full of your drawings because you became my muse?" She would go directly to the police station to report Shuhua! So, Shuhua prefers to just observe from afar, whether she is with a friend or alone.

.

When Shuhua was finally satisfied with her work she called Minnie, one of her best friends and the curator from the Yontararak Gallery. Minnie had been pestering her for months to make a new exhibition and now that she had finally found her inspiration, she could exhibit the paintings of her Muse. The Yontararak gallery was huge, paintings and photographs sweep the walls, landscapes, wildlife, weddings. At thirty years old, Minnie Yontararak was a rising star. Her brothers owned the gallery, yes, but she had established herself as a fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter