Chapter 7

Because I'm cute!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day many Hogwarts students had anticipated had come. It was the day of the yule ball, and Chanyeol was more or less ready to go. The dress robes his mother had sent him made him look suave and handsome. Hopefully, Baekhyun would think the same. But, of course, because of the plan.

He had discussed with Baekhyun to meet him in front of the main hall, as he was the one who asked the Gryffindor out.

As Chanyeol got ready, Baekhyun checked himself in the mirror to see if something was missing. He was worried if Chanyeol was going to like his look for the ball. Yes, it was pretty crucial for the Gryffindor as he had been crushing on the Slytherin for a long time. He wanted to leave a good impression behind.

Chanyeol walked down the stairs and saw some familiar faces. For example, Sehun, whose date was a girl from Ravenclaw. He noticed that he didn’t actually know many people in Hogwarts. Maybe he should take a look sometimes. While Chanyeol looked around to see if he could recognize people, he heard some noises from people around him.

“he looks absolutely stunning.”

“the new hair colour looks amazing.”

Usually, this wouldn’t grab Chanyeol’s attention, but the people looking surprised made him curious, so he turned around.

When Baekhyun walked down the stairs, it was the only thing Chanyeol could focus on. Some more people were looking at the Gryffindor, and Chanyeol couldn’t blame them.

Baekhyun, who was originally a brunette, was now supporting white hair, which looked stunning on him. His outfit wasn’t your typical black dress robe. It was actually baby blue mixed with violet. The dress robe had some patterns In the form of stars. Baekhyun was a walking galaxy and had stunned everyone with his presence.

The Gryffindor was even more ethereal up close. The eye make-up was more noticeable, and Chanyeol would be a liar if he said it didn’t bring out Baekhyun’s eyes. Chanyeol only woke up from his trance when Baekhyun called his name.

“Chanyeol, are you okay?” the Gryffindor said while tilting his head. Chanyeol coughed a bit and reassured him that he was fine. “Oh yes sorry, I’m just not used to the change.”

“is that a good thing or a bad thing?” the Gryffindor said confusedly. Chanyeol, who realized what he had just said, quickly replied. “in a good way!” Chanyeol sighed. “you look amazing Baekhyun. Your new hair colour suits you.”

Baekhyun softly touched his hair. “I apologize for avoiding you last week. I wanted this to be a surprise for you.”

Chanyeol’s heartbeat quickened a bit. Baekhyun had put effort into his looks and date just for him. It made Chanyeol feel euphoric in some way. “no need Baekhyun. I’m assuring you that the avoiding was a bit worth it, because I’m definitely surprised. In a good way!” Chanyeol said quickly.

“I’m glad that my efforts weren’t gone to waste. Anyway, shall we?” as Baekhyun extended his arm for Chanyeol to grab on. Chanyeol happily accepted.

 

 

 

 

Along the way to the dancefloor, some people complimented Baekhyun on his way, which made Chanyeol pout a bit. Some people were also gossiping about him.

 

 

“is that Slytherins Park Chanyeol with Baekhyun?”

“I thought those two didn’t like each other?”

“are they dating?”

 

 

Chanyeol blushed a little bit because of the whispers. He was a little bit embarrassed and hoped that Baekhyun hadn’t heard the comments.

 

After the first dance of the Triwizard’s candidates, Baekhyun quickly pulled Chanyeol to the dancefloor. At that moment, Chanyeol wished he had paid attention to the dance lesson of professor Snape, not that there was much to learn when you had Snape as ballroom teacher but still.

He was so focused on his master plan, and the end result that he forgot to prepare himself for the yule ball dance. Fortunately, Baekhyun noticed. “don’t tell me you have never waltzed.” When Chanyeol stayed silent, Baekhyun just chuckled. “all right, all right. Let me teach you real quick.” Chanyeol had expected some instructions, but Baekhyun unexpectedly grabbed his arm and placed it on his waist. Chanyeol got a bit flustered and became stiff. “No no Chanyeol don’t be so stiff. You need to relax.” Baekhyun said, all smiley while there was an earthquake going on in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter