chapter 2

WHISPERS OF HEART

He was saying as his eyes became glassy. “Why??” I asked as my eyes resemble some unknown pain… “ Why do you care for me that much? I did not do a single special thing for you… I never did.” I said as I almost cried. He came near me , he slowly made the bed flat to made me sleep from sitting… his lips came near me… my heart started beating and I closed my eyes, ‘Is he going to kiss me? How am I going to react if he does…’ All my thoughts came to a halt as I find him talking my hand in his and rub it against his soft lips. “You know I never loved anyone, because for me you were special, very very special… from the very first, I loved the one who will be my wife, I know I might be insane in this but this is what I am. From when I came to know about love… from that day… but I know you are not like that… that’s why I am not going to force you into some pressure of my feelings. But I can’t afford to hear that you are a no one. Remember that you are MY CARA, MY WIFE.” I could not even open my eyes, if I would have then I could not have lie about what I felt at that instant. A drop of tear flow from the corner of my eyes and when I slowly opened it after few minutes, I found Sehun looking into me just exactly how I thought, I could read them… they had intense feelings… I closed my eyes instantly. “Open your eye, look at me…” I opened my eyes. “Do you still think you are no one?” He asked with same eyes. I could just shake my head negatively. “Did I scare you?” he asked again. I shake my head positively then negatively. “Sorry little one. I just could not control that.”

It was almost a month, Sehun went to my home town to drop my mama papa himself after a week of my accident. Unnie and my best friends were giving me regular visits and that day they forced Sehun to go home as everyday he was the one who was staying at night, the next day he came early in the morning but left without waking me up. In the evening he came back. After having dinner I asked “Can we go for a walk.” and he was like… “What?? Now? You can?” “Ohh sorry… I forgot my ankle is not still good.” I said with a sad pout. “Well when there is a will there is a way…” Sehun said as he went outside to bring a wheel chair. “That’s okay… we can go another time.” I said but Sehun put a finger on my lips, a spark ran through my spine. “I think it’s first time you ask something and you expect me to not do it? Really?” Sehun winked. He then lifted me in bridal style… for a moment I freeze in his arms. “Do you also think it’s better in my arms than this chair…hmm?” as he said I realize I was holding his neck and he was standing near chair. I almost became red. Then he put me on the chair and took it to the rooftop through lift...

“Oho… I really feel amazing in this fresh air.” I said watching the moon. “Yes it is.” Sehun replied. “It’s been a month right?” I asked. “Yup, three days more, then we will watch moon from our balcony.” “Yeah my head almost healed but fracture will take few months more and the sprain in back has gone too, but the leg still hurt a little.” I sighed. “Don’t worry I will take your complete care I promise.” Sehun kneeled down. “Hey please get up… don’t do that.” I pulled his hand.

Sehun hold my arms delicately and Unnie was holding other side as I entered home. Grand mom hugged me at door. Sehun made me sit on the couch in the hall. Mom brought some light cakes for me and put it in front of me. I was unsure how to talk to her. “I have arranged your room downstairs, both of you have rest after eating them. And don’t need to run inside the house for few days. You are forbidden from going inside kitchen. If you want something just let grace know. Last but not least, don’t go outside during nights hiding from everyone just let your grand Mom, don’t act like teen-agers.” She said and went inside her room. “Even at age of 50 she did not learn how to say sorry properly.” Grand mom laughed.

GRACE’S POV:-

“Sehun just sit here with Cara, I will go finish the paper work there.” I said as I went to the reception after we opened Cara’s fracture. When I went there I saw a person stumbled with the chair aside. The person looked familiar. I ran to help him. But another nurse reached him before me. She held his hand and let him sit on the chair. I did not turn around and went towards reception. I head he called “Grace…” “Is he Suho?” I thought inside but did not dare to turn towards him. “Grace, are you here?” He said a little loudly. I could not hold my tears. What does he want now? “Grace I know you are angry but I don’t know what to say… is it you?” he said again to which the nurse replied “no I am not Grace. Let me help you.” “Is not she here? I can feel that… tell her to come to me, please.” He insisted again and I could not bear it any more. I ran….I didn’t know where, but I ran.

I found myself surrounded by few familiar faces, Sehun, Cara and Sehun’s childhood friend Yang Yang. “Are you okay?” Sehun asked to which I nodded.

“Why were you running?” Yang asked and I remember Suho, drops of tears started running down my neck. “Are you okay unnie?” Cara asked I could not answer anything, I kept think why he felt me there? Does he still care about me? If so, then why did he sign those damn divorce Papers? Why he did not stop mom from bringing me home? Sehun shook me he worriedly asked “Unnie don’t scare us, please say something…” “Su..h..o” was all I could say.

SEHUN’S POV:-

What kind of brother I am? I can’t even put a smile on my sister’s face? Do I deserve to be a brother? If god would ask my unnie’s happiness on behalf of my life, I would never think twice before agreeing. But I feel so helpless.

Cara brought two cups of coffee one for her and another for me. It’s been 3 months since that accident. She had recovered. All her wounds healed only fractured hand was still little swollen. “Don’t do works now, you still need rest.” I said to which she replied. “I am fine, resting is all that I am doing since long.”

“Are you worried?” She asked. “Nope, I am not, I am just thinking about some office things.”

“Okay.” She replied and went out with her coffee cup. I could not understand why did that? I drank my coffee after going the balcony to have some fresh air.

When I was done with coffee, I went inside the room to find her setting couch. “What are you doing?” I asked her amused. “Let’s celebrate my freedom from fracture.” She smiled. I knew she sensed I was sad and was doing this to cheer me, I felt blessed. “Come… sit...” She said patting the place beside her. “Are we going to watch movie?”I asked to which she denied. “Then?” I asked again.

“We will play Ludo…” she smiled. He smile seemed real. “I never lose…” I said picking the square. “Neither did I!” she replied with a smirk.

We played twice and she won first then I. little things have so much happiness. Like playing ludo with her and just watching her. “Granny said you like baking?” she asked puuting the ludo board in shelf. “I like but I am not very good at it.” I said rubbing back of my head. “Let’s bake some choco chip cookies… we are going to meet Claire tomorrow she will love it.” She suggested to which I exclaimed “At mid night?” “Let’s go….” She dragged me.

“Gosh… they are all burnt.” I said with a sad pout. “It’s okie…let’s try again.” She said as she went to make batter again. “You do that… I am sitting here.” I said and went to sit on the rack with leg crossed. “Okie.” Cara smiled at me….ohhh that smile… can smiles kill? I wondered.

I murmured a song inside but she noticed. “I don’t mind having a free radio. Can you sing louder…” she said after putting the batter in oven. “Okie I will sing but I have a condition.” I demanded. “What?”she asked. “You have to look into my eyes without blinking.” I said and she looked away. “cookies will burn again.” She gave an excuse. “My song can wait till we reach our room.” I said and she did not answer.

As we entered the room she went to bathroom to get changed, mom herself asked her to wear whatever she likes, still she wears Saree or Salwar and changed into pajama during nights. As soon as she came from bathroom she ran to her bed bidding good night. “My song can’t wait anymore.” I said after coming back from bathroom. She pretended to be asleep. I started-

Dil kyun yeh mera shor kare (x2)

Why does my heart make a noise?

Idhar nahin udhar nahin

Neither here, nor there

Teri ore chale

It walks only towards You

 

Dil kyun yeh mera shor kare

Why does my heart make a noise?

Idhar nahin udhar nahin

Neither here, nor there

Teri ore chale

It walks only towards You

 

Zara der mein yeh kya ho gaya

What's this happened in my heart in just a moment?

Nazar milte hi kahan kho gaya

After the meeting of our eyes, where has it lost?

Zara der mein yeh kya ho gaya

What's this happened in my heart in just a moment?

Nazar milte hi kahan kho gaya

After the meeting of our eyes, where has it lost?

 

Bheed mein logon ki woh hai wahan

In the crowd of people, she is there

Aur pyaar ke mele mein akela kitna hoon main yahan

And in the fair of love, I am so alone here

 

Dil kyun yeh mera shor kare (x2)

Why does my heart make a noise?

Idhar nahin udhar nahin

Neither here, nor there

Teri ore chale

It walks only towards You

 

Shuru ho gayi kahani meri

My story has started

Mere dil ne baat na maani meri

My heart didn't listen to me

Shuru ho gayi kahani meri

My story has started

Mere dil ne baat na maani meri

My heart didn't listen to me

 

Hadd se bhi aagey yeh guzar hi gaya

It has crossed all the limits now

Khud bhi pareshaan hua

It troubled itself

Mujhko bhi yeh kar gaya

And it made me also tensed

 

Dil kyun yeh mera shor kare (x2)

Why does my heart make a noise?

Idhar nahin udhar nahin

Neither here, nor there

Teri ore chale

It walks only towards You

 

CARA’S POV:-

Why did I ran? In these 3 months one thing I knew that Sehun’s eyes never lies. He took care of me like no one ever did. We have formed a bond of friendship between us. And moreover my 3 insane morons love him and respect him. Everything seems so perfect. Then why can’t I accept him as husband? Why do I fear to meet his eyes? I covered my face with blanket and pretended to be asleep and he came back from the bathroom.

“My song can’t wait anymore.” Sehun said and I did not answer anything. Hoping he might think I fell asleep, but I was wrong. He started singing one of my favorite songs. Why is he so stubborn?

His voice is pure bliss, I could not stop smiling. I sat down smiling. “You sing really well.” I commented to which he made a sad pout.

“What???” I asked seeing his reaction.

“Then why are you ignoring…. Don’t lie.” He said with that pout.

“Neither I am lying nor I am ignoring.” I explained standing near him.

“Then why were you pretending to be asleep?” He asked again, I did not have any answer. I just watched down.

“Okie okie don’t be sad now. Go sleep.” He said and went the couch.

“Can you sing to me once more, please.” I said as I went near him and sitting near his head. “Can I put my head there?” Sehun asked showing my lap with little hesitation. “Hmm...” I nodded. By the time he completed the song I just wished the time would freeze.

Just then he whispered looking into my eyes… “I wish that song to never end.” I was not sure if these things were real. It felt like a dream. “You should rest some time, it’s already 1.30.” I said and slowly stand up, Sehun was holding my hand. “Good night…” his lips said, but his eyes wanted to say much more.

 

 

It has become a ritual for him to put vermilion on my head. Today I woke up before him. He always wakes up before me and went to jogging. I saw his hand was hanging down, of course he was not comfortable on that little couch. I finished my morning rutine and was just about to wear my vermillion. “It’s the only right you gave me and you are snatching it from me?” His voice spoke near my back. He turned me around and put vermilion on my head and unexpectedly he kissed my fore head. And I did not felt it weird, I felt clam. I just looked into his eyes and he smiled.

 

I was making breakfast and unnie came to kitchen. “Are you feeling okay?” I asked to which she nodded. “Don’t tell anything about yesterday to anyone and sorry to bother you.” Unnie said holding my hand. “Don’t worry I won’t say that to anyone and no need to come to kitchen I will handle every-thing, you go sit with Sehun.” I said.

“Mom we will be back tomorrow.” Sehun said to which I was surprised, I did not expect that they asked for night stay.

“Stay safe and take her care, she just recovered.” Granny said and mom nodded.

We were in the comfortable silence inside the car. Neither of us was speaking anything. I was still thinking about how did me kissed me in morning! And the thing was I was not uncomfortable either. Am I falling for him?

 

MISTI’S POV:-

 

“Come on Arya help me.” It was the 4th time I called that crazy who was engrossed in her book. “I will, first let me finish this chapter.” Arya gave that excuse for the 4th time in this hour. “Do you really need a lollipop or not?” Claire yelled from the kitchen. “Why the hell you guys are black mailing me?” Arya said with his eyes rolled. “It’s because you are being a lazy .” I said pulling her.

“Hello!!!” Jiju yelled from the door. “Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii jijuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu” I yelled with same intensity. “How are you my sis???” Jiju asked patting my head. “I am fine… come inside.” I smiled. “Someone forgot me?” Cara pouted. “You still have me.” Arya pinched her nose. “Me as-well.” Claire hugged her. “Me too.” I ran to her too. “So you abandoned me?” Jiju said while making pout. “You are a part of our family now.” Claire smiled. “Ok ok…. Let’s get back to work… we have a lot to do.” Jiju said and I wonder he has not met Joon bro till now and he is trying help us with his b day preparation.

 

“How is life girl?” I asked cornering Cara while all the preparation was almost done. “Life is good and I got independence from my fracture. So am happy.” Cara smiled brightly, showing her hand. “Don’t you think jiju is out of world?” I questioned to which she gave a smile as well as a nod. “Indeed he is, he is really different from everyone. In these 3 months he always gave priority to my happiness. I wonder how he manage to give everyone happiness without thinking about himself.” Cara questioned and I could genuinely see the care her eyes were reflecting. “May be because he wants you to do so for him, you know he does not show he needs it… but I am sure he won’t mind if you show him care.” I side hugged her.

“What are you two doing there? He is first time here and he is doing everything and you two are gossiping there?” Arya said pointing towards Sehun.

“Well Cara is here to tell me that, she wants to take jiju to a date.” I said gaining a glare from Cara and jiju was giving a look full of surprise. “See see… your husband is beaming.” I elbowed her. “Now no matter what you two have to go on a date. Don’t worry I will arrange that for you two. Aww I am the best. ” I clapped gaining a smack. “Hide guys, Soo brought him” Claire whispered to which Cara elboed me saying “Who is beaming now?” “I will see him after 2 months today. I am so happy.” I said, blushing a little.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” everyone yelled when Joon bro entered the room. Claire went to hug him and wish him. “Happy birthday baby.” Claire wished him. “Thank you princess, it’s really beautiful.” Joon bro said watching the decoration.

“I am happy you liked it.” Claire smiled. “Let’s cut the cake, Claire made it herself.” I drag both of them.

“Awww baby it’s really amazing, your hands have magic.” Joon said smearing little cream on Claire’s nose. “It’s tasty because my baby tasted it.” Claire blushed a little. “Ok ok stop flirting now. You have all day together to flirt with each other.” I joked. “I am flirting with my girl friend what problem do you have, huh?” Joon bro stuck his tongue at me. “You are making her red.” I said as I went to her to pinch her cheeks. “My baby looks so adorable in red, stop pinching her you little devil.” “Oh ho! Am I the only one uncomfortable here?” Kyungsoo my fiancé said pulling me towards himself. “No we three are also very much uncomfortable here.” Arya said with a tone face. “Why must you two brother sister fight whenever you see each other?” Cara added. “Because he is the worst cousin I ever had.” I made a fake angry face. “How am I going to entrust my best friend to you?” I added at last. “Oh please who is asking you?” Claire hugged Joon bro. “Everyone abandoned me” I made a pout. “I have not.” Kyungsoo came to my rescue. Why this man’s eyes always make me freeze. “Oh God bless the singles here.” Arya said looking upward. “You are the only one here, say single not singles.” Claire and I said in monotone. “Ok ok…. Stop. Will you introduce him to your sweet hearts or not?” Arya said pointing towards Jiju. “Oh my god, sorry! Baby meet Mr. Oh Sehun, he is…” “…their brother.” Jiju completed cutting Claire in half. “Their! Means?” Joon bro pointed towards four of us. “Not mine.” Cara freaked. “Nice to meet you, Mr. Oh.” Joon bro greeted followed by Soo. “Just call me Sehun, we are family now.” Jiju said, a smile creep on Cara’s face unknowingly.

“When will you be back?” Arya asked while giving snacks to Claire. “We might not be back tonight.” Said Claire as she had planned a surprise for Joon bro. he wanted him to take him to the sea because Joon bro loves sea more than anything. She has prepared a room aquarium for him with few rare and most beautiful fishes from different seas. Claire and he have been in relationship for 2 years and few months now and every time when they meet each other they treat each other as their best possession. If it was not for them I and Soo would never have been engaged today.

3 years back I and Soo were teaching in the same school. I was new there and Soo was very much Helpful to me back then. We became close. Although we had very different personality some of our thoughts were 100% matching so as our dream. Both of us always wanted to start our own school that dream bring us more close to each other, we became close friends. From the start both of us always believed in arrange marriage. Both of us always determined to let our parents choose our partners. But I did not realize when I fall so deep for him. I was scared that my feelings will never be reciprocated, so I never confessed. Soo was a man who speaks too little but he was the person who never goes back on his word. He was determined from very beginning that he will have arranged marriage and he always think so high of the arrange marriage like me. I was not sure that he has fallen for me too. I could not bring any courage to ask him. I knew he never liked being boy friend or girl friend, going on date doing cute things and all. I simply leave that school without even saying a good bye to him.

After few months my marriage was arranged by my parents. When my Mom brought me from my room to meet, my in law’s family the person who was arranged for me was Soo. It was possible because of Claire and Joon bro. After that they became friends, then very close friends and finally they find each other’s love in each other. Till then I never knew Soo was feeling same for me. When my mom brought both of us to talk in private, the person who rarely shows any emotion hugged me as soon as my mom left us. For few moments he sobbed holding me. “How can you just leave? How can you just leave on the very day when I was about to speak my heart out? How can you abandon me like this? Do you know how much courage it takes to speak your heart? Do you know how much I missed you all these months? You just left like you never existed in my world when you are the whole universe for me?” It was the longest line he ever said in these 3 years.

“What are you thinking?” Soo asked me putting his arm on mine from back. “Nothing.” I nodded negatively. “Let’s go then, everyone is waiting for lunch. Come.” He held my hand delicately in his left hand and put his right hand on it. “Are you also going back this time?” I asked as my eyes watered. His school is a state apart in Bangalore. We can’t even meet each other when we want. We decided to left our jobs and open our own school this year. “Next time when I will be back, I will be back for good. I promise okay?” He said as he kissed my temple and wiped my tears. “Don’t let them fall, they hurts me. Ok?” He said looking deep into my eyes all I could do was a nod.

 

CARA’S POV:-

 

“It’s okay, let me do it. You are the guest. Go sit with that lazy , she seems annoyed all day.” Misti said pushing me out from the kitchen towards the hall.

“What are you doing?” I asked sitting near Arya. “Nothing just reading a story.” She replied looking up. “Good… carry on, I should not disturb you then.” I replied getting up. “It’s okay, story is not that interesting.” She said pulling my hand. “How about having Arya special coffee on rooftop?” She asked closing her book. “My pleasure.” I smiled.

 

“Umm, you skill is getting better.” I said taking a sip. “Thank you for your appreciation. I think I will open a café when I will get old.” She joked. “I will be your daily costumer then.” I said taking next sip. “What are they doing with those flower plants?” I questioned looking towards Sehun and Soo in the garden. “Soo is making tiara I guess.” Arya smiled. “I am happy for Misti.” I smiled. “I am happy for you too.” Arya elbowed me. “I still don’t know I deserve him or not.” I looked at her. “You sure do, when you will be real you.” Arya patted my back. “I don’t know if I can be the past me.” I whispered. “No one wants you to become the past you. Just be whatever you are. Listen what I want for you is that, you will not restrict yourself any more, whatever you feel or think, let it out honestly. It’s up to you that you will let him know it or not, but you just need to know that yourself.” Arya side hugged me. “Everything with him is beautiful, he never spares any chance to make me happy. This thing looks like some dream, like I will wake up and everything will vanish.” I said putting the cup aside. “If you feel scared that it’s some dream then it’s not, but about its vanishing, it’s up to you if you can hold it forever or let it slip.” Arya was saying her phone beeped. After reading the text she looked annoyed. “What happened?” I asked curiously, who can just annoy her except Misti. “If you hear I am jail, come for my bail. I am going to kill someone.” She said as she rushed out. “Who is that poor fellow?” I asked from back. “YANG YANG.” She said before bidding bye.

 

“We will take leave now. It’s already 9.” Sehun said shaking hand with Soo. Did not he ask mom for night stay? Did Mom asked him to come back? “Take care both of you.” I said before entering the car.

 

“Did mom called?” I asked Sehun. “Nah Oldy did.” He answered. “Oh.” I said and looked outside inhaling cold breeze. “You will catch a cold.” Sehun said smiling towards me. “This feeling worth it.” I smiled back. “Let’s enjoy this breeze with ice cream?” He asked. “Sure…” I said excitedly. We stopped near parlor as he went in to bring ice cream after asking me what flavor, do I want? After that we went near a small park. Both of us went near a bench to sit. “What is your bucket list?” I asked looking towards him. “I have a lot of things. First is to see you smile every time.” He looked at me, I mean LOOKED at me. “Everyone will call me creep, if I will smile every time.” I smiled awkwardly. “I dare them to do that.” Sehun said sternly. “Your ice cream is dripping.” I changed the topic.

 

As we were done having ice cream, I expected him to heed our home but he did not. “Where are we going?” I asked I double checked this is not our way to home. “Do you remember you said, you want to celebrate your birthday?” He smiled switching on the Radio. “But it’s not my birthday today, and what if mom will get angry?” I asked being little worried, did not he say grand mom called. “Did not I ask mom for night out? You are with your husband. You don’t need to fear anything. I will protect you. I won’t fail you like last time.” Sadness reflected from his tone. “Don’t blame your-self. It was all, my fault, my birthday… I don’t like that da….” I was saying he cut me off. “I know you have some bad memories on that day and I want to replace all your bad memories by making good one. Will you help me?” I just nodded.

Within half an hour we reached the sea shore. I was not a crowed beach. He held my hand as I came out. We made our way towards the water. We stopped at the place where water touched our feet. For another few minutes both of us said nothing, we just sat there facing the sea. It was not an awkward silence. No one of us break it until I see a boat came near us. That boat was not very big, neither too small, it was looking beautiful with a little decoration of yellow light. “Don’t tell me, they are here like last time.” I asked with large eyes. “Sadly they are not, it’s only you are me.” He said as he held my hand to help me stand up. “That’s nothing to be sad about.” I whispered inside. “Come…” Sehun pulled me.

 

“First make a wish.” He said lighting the candles. ‘I wish all these things are true and you will never change.’ I wished inside my heart. ‘I wish you and me will fall in love one day. Till that day I wish you will wait for me.’ I opened my eyes. He was looking towards me. “What did you wish?” Sehun asked as I blow the candles. “Cut it for me.” I gave him the knife. “I will tell you the day it will come true.” I made him eat first. “May be I can be helpful to fulfill that wish.” Sehun made me eat. “Although I can’t tell you my wish, but I can show you the way to help me.” I smear a little on his nose. “Anything for you, little one.” Sehun took a little cream to brush it on my left cheek. “I want to know you. I want to help you fulfill your wishes. I want to see you happy.” I said taking his hand in mine. “I am happy when I have you by my side. I am happy than anything else, listening you saying it.” He said as his stomach growled. “Okay, let’s have our dinner first. I am hungry.” I said standing up. “Little one!” Sehun called holding my hand. “Hmm?” I turned around. “It’s been 3 months and 8 days, total 100 days. I hope we will stay with each other till we are old and grey. I want to fall in love with you every day, till my heart beats.” Saying this Sehun kneeled down holding a beautiful ring in front of me.