words are not enough

if my words fail...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

words are not enough

 

 

 

Yongsun was so clueless with everything happening around her. The moment she was done with her work, her bestfriend, Hyejin, came barging in her office with her girlfriend, Byulyi, in tow.

 

"Unnie. Unnie. Let's go. C'mon!" Hyejin said with much enthusiasm that she cannot really keep up with.

 

"Yah. Hyejin-ah. Take it easy. Hi, Yongsun unnie!" Byulyi said to calm her overenthusiastic girlfriend.

 

"What's today? I didn't make an appointment with you two and I'll be meeting Wheein in an hour." Yongsun said with a questioning look darted towards her now jumping bestfriend.

 

"Just come with us, unnie!" Hyejin excitedly said to her while dragging her out of her office and towards the elevator.

 

"Yah! Byulyi! What's with your girlfriend?" Yongsun threw her question to Byulyi this time only to receive a big grin on the younger girl's face before she pushed the button to the basement parking lot.

 

"You two are being weird. Let me call Wheein first." Yongsun tried to have a proper communication with the two by asking politely even if she's the oldest one among them.

 

"Unnie, no need. Wheeinie already gave us her permission to drag you anywhere we want to. She even said that you are all ours today." Byulyi replied with still her creepy big smile.

 

"Okay. But still, let me call her first." 

 

"Na-ah. Your phone's off limits today." Hyejin said before grabbing Yongsun's phone out of her hand. "It's mine today. And no more questions." Hyejin said with finality as the elevator's door dinged.

 

"Oh. Unnie, Hyejin, you two can go ahead to my car, I just have something to check on Taeyeon unnie's office for a minute." Byulyi suddenly said making Yongsun face her with a yet another questioning look.

 

"But Taeyeon unnie doesn't have an office here. It's Jessica unnie's comp---yah! What are you doing?! Byulyi, help!" Yongsun shouted at someone who suddenly made her blind by putting a blindfold on her eyes.

 

"Unnie, it's just me. I have to do this to you, I'm sorry." Hyejin's voice and cute giggles surrounded Yongsun's ears.

 

"Hyegi, what is this for?" Yongsun asked while making a move to remove her blindfold.

 

"Eyy. Unnie, just keep it on you. You're no fun. I'll make Byulyi tie your hands if you attempt to remove it once again. Got it, unnie? Thank you. Love you. Now, no more questions and let's get moving. We're already behind schedule." Hyejin stated with a determined voice while guiding her towards the car, Yongsun guessed.

 

"Unnie, don't you worry, we'll arrive in our destination in no time. So just sit back and relax." Byulyi said as she started the car and drove off.

 

Yongsun cannot think of anything as to why she was being kidnapped by these two. Her birthday was already passed months ago. And there's no any other special occasion that she knew of. With her thoughts being filled with questions, the car stopped much to her pleasure.

 

Hyejin helped her get out of the car without much saying anything and she already gave up asking any more questions so she just waited until her blindfolds were off. But what she saw was not what she was expecting, not that she was really expecting anything.

 

As soon as her eyes got freed from the blindfold, Hyejin whispered to her to just follow the path of flowers and then the couple were already off to somewhere she does not know. She walked down the flower path as instructed and ahead, she saw a curtain like vines. And as she entered, music started playing.

 

No one ever saw me like you do
All the things that I could add up to

 

As she opened the vines, there was a huge gazebo designed with thousands, even millions of flowers and just ahead, she can hear the waves amidst the music as if they were also greeting her. Apart from the flowers and vines, there were also thousands of origamis hanging by the ceiling.

 

I never knew just what a smile was worth
But your eyes say everything without a single word

 

She entered the gazebo with great amazement still having no idea as to what was happening. As she really looked into the decorations, there were also colorful pictures of her, selfies, candids, pictures of her and her relatives, friends and family. And then there were pictures in black and white. Those pictures were of her and Wheein. Those that  were taken by their family members when they were just babies up to they were kids and to teens taken by their friends and also by themselves and even their most recent pictures.

 

'Cause there's somethin' in the way you look at me
It's as if my heart knows you're the missing piece

 

She was having a gist of what really was happening but she just cannot believe it. Not that she can't believe that Wheein did this. But it was just that she can't believe what's happening. That's that.

 

You made me believe that there's nothing in this world I can't be
I never know what you see
But there's somethin' in the way you look at me

 

The music fades and all Yongsun could hear was the waves crashing. Then she saw Jjing Jjing entering the other way with an envelope at her back. She bent down and greeted her beloved dog before removing the envelope on her back and it's as if Jjing Jjing knows what's happening way more than her, Jjing Jjing barked two times with an overly excited on her face and then Jjing Jjing ran off to somewhere.

 

Yongsun looked at the envelope and teared it open just to see a letter inside.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter