...Jacket

Can We?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for the support guys! You guys are awesome :)

This may be/or is one of the longest chapters I've written but please...read until the end... 

ENJOY

 

 

Warmth.

Surprised.

Ecstatic.

Those were exactly what Seulgi felt when those words fell out of Irene’s mouth…

“I’ll tutor you Kang Seulgi.”

She couldn’t believe it. Irene was going to tutor her…one-on-one. Just her and no one else.

Seulgi was finally at home after a long and stressful, yet eventful day from college. She sat at her desk in front of her laptop, once again looking at the modelling photos Irene had previously shot. She had modelled for various items from alcohol, to food, to jewellery and luxury fashion brands. And not one photo was flawed. Every single one of her photos was breathtakingly flawless, just like herself and this made Seulgi burn up inside, awakening another level of desire and attraction.

Earlier, when Irene told her she’ll tutor her, she had caught Seulgi blush. She immediately put her hands on her cheeks and denied that she was blushing, but Irene saw through her lies raising an eyebrow and a smirk forming across her face. She felt embarrassed, wanting to runaway from the situation and blaming herself for not controlling herself. But how could she control it? It was an impulsive and an involuntary reaction from within.

They had exchanged numbers as they agreed that having each other’s number would make organising tutoring times and whatnot easier. That too, she couldn’t fathom that she would ever get Irene’s number. It was too surreal that she had to pinch herself a few times to make her realise that it was true and it was all real.

She checks the time on her phone, realising it’s 10pm and she needed to head to bed. She tucks herself in, allowing the blankets to hug her in their warmth while she tightly holds onto her bear plushie.

“Bear, its happening…” She whispers.

Her eyelids eventually yet slowly close, allowing her to finally sleep and catch up on all those times she had those sleepless nights.

 

Some morning…

The glow of the sun, the floral scents, the melodic chirping of the birds and the freshly brewed aroma of coffee lingers within the morning air. Its 8am and Irene is in the middle of her bi-weekly morning run around the park and surrounding areas. Though the chilliness of the morning was apparent, she had been running for 30 minutes causing her to feel a sense of warmth and being immune to such chilliness. She eventually stops running to catch her breath, then proceeds to casually walk and savour the nature’s morning.

Throughout her morning run and now, she thinks about Seulgi. She remembers seeing her in the courtyard with her chipmunk cheeks stuffed with food and the moment she blushed when she told her that she’ll tutor her.

Could it be?

Could it be that the reason you blushed was because I asked you suddenly?

Or was it because of me?

Irene wished the reason was the latter, but she could not be sure. Only time will tell and she hoped that her hunch was right.

She enters a juice bar and orders a mango smoothie. She proceeds to sit near the window and pulls out her phone, opening her contacts and scrolling to Seulgi’s name. She wanted to text her ‘good morning’, but was afraid that it was too forward and that the girl may wonder why she was texting her randomly and not for tutoring purposes. Irene sighs, confused on what to do but suddenly thinks of searching her on social media, that maybe through there she could glimpse at who Seulgi might be. Sure she knew Seulgi was her student and was the object of her affections, yet she had no idea who she was. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words so she intently searches Kang Seulgi in the search bar. Thousand of profiles appear, but a specific profile photo attracts her. It’s a picture of a girl in thin-framed classes candidly looking away into nature. Irene immediately knew, or more likely had a strong gut feeling that this was Seulgi’s profile. She clicks on it and immediately sees various photos of her with nature and her friends. Irene smiles as she scrolls through the photos seeing the genuineness in them all.

She finally finishes her smoothie, puts her phone away and proceeds towards the exit when a tap on her shoulder startles her. She turns around surprised to see who it is…

“Irene?”

“Suho?”

“Wow what a small world! Good morning!”

“Good morning to you too…” She responds still shocked that she had bumped into him.

“What brings you here?”

“Oh…I just came from my morning run, got a mango smoothie and now I’m heading back home. You?”

“Same! Just here to grab a smoothie as well! Umm also, I’ve been meaning to ask you…do remember our deal?”

 “Yes of course how could I forget!”

Oh crap! The deal…how I wished he had forgotten…

“I was wondering if you’re free tonight? I just so happen to have two tickets to a musical tonight but didn’t know who I would go with and I was wondering if you could come with me instead?”

Do I really need to? Come on Irene don’t give in just say you’re busy and stuff…but wait if you say that he’ll keep bothering you…seriously why is this too hard?…

“Sure! But I have few things I need to…take care of…”

“Great and no worries! We can probably grab dinner afterwards what you say?” Suho suggests enthusiastically.

“Ahhh…okay…”

“Awesome! I’ll see you tonight in front of the town’s theatre at 5pm!”

“Mmmhmm…see you tonight.”

As Irene leaves the juice bar, she sighs. She couldn’t believe she was going out on a date with Suho tonight. Or more so, she couldn’t believe she agreed to such deal in the first place. She was perplexed with her actions, agreeing on the spot to his suggestions but what could she do? After their conversation in the café and the few times Suho had visited her office, she came to the conclusion he was forthright with his actions and enthusiastic about taking her out and getting to know her, but she was more interested in opening up to someone else…and not Suho.

She eventually arrives at her apartment, checks her wall clock that reads 10 am and proceeds to have a shower. She eventually finishes and wraps herself with a white towel while drying her damp and wet skin with another, but then, she suddenly hears the opening of her apartment door. She slowly opens the bathroom door wondering who it is or who may have intruded, but is only greeted by none other than Wendy.

“You scared me! I thought you were an intruder!” Irene yells.

Wendy raises an eyebrow while waving lazily at Irene “Hello to you too…did you forget I had a key to your apartment? You gave me a copy remember?”

“Oh crap I forgot about that…”

“Mmmhmm…well nothing to be alarmed about it just me and I’m here to pick you up for your shoot. Just in case you forgot…”

“Hey! I do remember that I have it today, can’t you see I’m getting ready?” Irene scoffs.

“Whatever grandma but we need to leave in 30 minutes because your shoot is at 12pm.” Wendy says as she rummages through Irene’s fridge and pantry, eventually settling for an apple in her fruit bowl.

“Don’t you have anything besides fruit? Like chocolate or something? Girl has cravings at the moment…”

“Jeez Wendy you’re really taking the ‘make yourself at home’ thing seriously are you?” Irene calls out from her bedroom as she changes into her clothes.

“Of course because I can and I’m your bestie remember?”

Irene just laughs at her best friend’s comment, while Wendy lounges in her couch. A sudden ding on Irene’s phone that is on her coffee table alerts Wendy. She opens the message and it reads:

 

Suho

Hey Irene its Suho! Just letting you know I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter