...Encounter

Can We?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was all fun and games during their date.

 

Like two elementary school kids enjoying an excursion at an arcade.

 

However, their excursion was cut short when two eager individuals had crashed it and were forced to explain themselves for having too much fun.

But in the case of Joohyun and Seulgi, they needed to explain their somewhat hidden relationship to Seulgi’s best friends. Seulgi was shocked and speechless, but was annoyed and guilty all at the same time. Annoyed at her two best friends for finding out about the two of them, but guilty for hiding something so important to her from them.

The four of them sat in the diner, where Joy and Yeri were sitting opposite of the couple. Yeri still wide eyed, while drinking her milkshake, Joy having her arms crossed with an expectant look on her face Joohyun having her hands clasped underneath table and Seulgi drinking her milkshake to the point it has finished creating that ending slurping sound of emptiness.

It was all silence and they had been sitting here for a good 15 minutes with no words being exchanged after the revelation. It was time to say something, where Joy decides to break the awkward atmosphere.

“Well…how do I even start?”

The three of them look at her, expectant of what she was going to say.

“…How long has this been going for?”

Seulgi and Joohyun glance at each other, before Seulgi replies back.

“Its been a few months now…”

Joy looks at the two of them surprised.

“A few months? And you didn’t even bother to tell us Seulgi?” Joy replies sternly.

Seulgi takes notes of this understands why Joy had reacted like this, but she also felt she was in no position to barge in and stalk them like they what they had done earlier.

“Yes, it’s been a few months Joy…but it wasn’t necessary for the both of you do what you did earlier…” Seulgi replies back, matching her tone.

“Do you think we would’ve done what we did if you were being honest with us in the first place? Come on Seul, we’ve been best friends ever since and I thought we told each other everything…but I guess not…” Joy scoffs.

“Seriously Joy, you’re getting angry at me for not telling you? How about just then? You both stalked us!”

Joohyun looks at her girlfriend and Joy sensing the tension arising from the two, causing her to hold and caress Seulgi’s hand to calm her down and giving her a reassuring look, which the latter reciprocates, relaxing.

“I’ll admit, I was the one who planned the whole thing and I just dragged Yeri along with me, but seriously, you weren’t going to tell us or wait…you were going to find the “right” time to tell us? Which one is it?”

“Joy, seriously stop it, you’re being unfair!”

“Am I? For starters, you rarely hang out with us anymore, you keep secrets from us and more importantly you couldn’t even share the happy news to us that you found yourself a girlfriend?! So tell me, am I being unfair or did I miss something else, Seulgi?”

Seulgi shakes her head, keeping her eyes locked into Joy’s glare. It was unfair…for the both of them.

“Look…it’s just hard to explain…”

“What’s hard to explain? You dating our professor or you dating someone of the same-? Or both? Is that what it is? Do you think we were going to judge you and leave you because of that? If that’s the case I am offended that you would think we’re those kind of friends…”

Everything Joy said was correct.

She was scared about her friends knowing her ual orientation, she was scared that they’ll judge her for dating a girl, she was scared that they’ll leave her because she was dating their professor but from the hurt and the tears welling up in Joy’s eyes and Yeri gloomily looking down at her hands, it was clear that her friends weren’t going to do any of that.

“…Joy…Yeri I’m sorry…”

Joy wipes away her tears, ridding away any sign of sadness, composing herself.

“I’m sorry…We’re…sorry too Seul. We just wanted to know and you know what? We’re happy for you. I mean its slightly a shock that you are dating Professor Irene…Joohyun…Irene…what should I call you?” Joy asks half-jokingly while gesturing at Joohyun, causing Seulgi to let out a smile.

“You can call me Joohyun, Joy. But professor Irene when were on campus. You too, Yeri.”

The atmosphere had livened up to some extent, where both Seulgi and Joohyun felt like weight had been lifted off their shoulders. Then suddenly, Yeri finally decides to speak, but what she says causes everyone on the table to look at her shocked.

“So…have you guys done it? Like have done…you know?”

“Yeri! Why would you ask that?!” Joy retaliates.

Seulgi face palms at the question, unable to comprehend what triggered her to ask such a thing but also second guessing why she’s friends with her in the first place. Yet, it does initiate a thought within her…she imagines what it would be like doing the deed with Joohyun…something they could’ve done if they weren’t interrupted by Wendy…

“I do second to Yeri though, have you guys done it?” Joy asks intriguingly while snickering.

“OMG not you too!”

Seulgi glances at Joohyun who just shakes her head, laughing at the two in front of them. She eventually speaks on their behalf.

“If you girls must know, it’s a no. But why are you girls so curious?” Joohyun asks with her eyebrow raised and her arms crossed in front of her chest.

“Well…for curiosities sake but our Seulgi here…I don’t think she’s done it…You may need to teach her, but also be patient she’s quite slow…” Joy suggests teasingly.

Seulgi could not believe what Joy had said, causing her face to turn red. Even redder than all the times Joohyun had made her blush. She did not want her partially non-existent life to be aired out like laundry, especially in front of her girlfriend causing her to throw her napkin at Joy. Joohyun takes note of this and admiringly and surprisingly looks at her girlfriend blushing at the discovery, grabbing her hand then poking her cheek.

“Really babe?! You haven’t done it? Looks like I need to help you out then…” Joohyun sarcastically adds to the already existing pool of embarrassment that Seulgi found herself in.

“Babe not you too?! I hate you guys…it was mistake you guys knowing…”

“Hahaha! We love you Seul!”

Was the world out to get her or something?

Because Seulgi felt like the whole world was against her. Her two best friends and now, her girlfriend seemed to enjoy teasing her. Her girlfriend already quite a lot on her non-existent flirting skills and now, her partially non-existent life… Seulgi knew a few things but if she was comparing herself to others…well she was definitely a novice.

“By the way you guys look great together, but please be careful. We don’t want our favourite couple getting caught…” Joy teasingly suggests with a hint of sincerity, while nudging Yeri.

“You guys should have a couple name…how about…oh I know…SeulRene?” Yeri suggests excitedly where Joy high fives her, causing both Seulgi and Joohyun to look at them and shake their heads at the childishness. It felt like two parents expressing disappointment at two excessively hormonal kids.

“You guys are unbelievable…”

Though it was an unexpected, tension-filled encounter, Seulgi was more than grateful that Joy and Yeri have been her best friends ever since. Despite the two being annoying at times, she didn’t realise how important and supportive they were. She blames herself for being short-sighted and thinking less of them to be honest when she shouldn’t have. She even believes that she probably would have done the same if either of them was hiding the fact they were dating, and the fact that she had lied a couple of times and had not told the truth. Still, she didn’t want to lose her two best friends as they meant so much to her, like Joohyun means to her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

There were only a few months left of the college year…

A few more assignments left to complete.

A few more tests and exams to undertake.

A few more months until graduation.

And it had been close to a year that Seulgi and Joohyun had been dating.

Now, it would be all lies if their relationship was all happiness and bliss. Because the couple experienced what all couples experience, and that is fights and misu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter