Chapter 14

Melody

 

The next day, they all were coming back to their classroom from canteen.

 

“Is that Yujin?” Sakura narrowed her eyes to look carefully.

 

All were looking at the entrance.

 

“Yes. It’s Yujin” Yuri said.

 

“and she is with another girl” Sakura said as peeking Yujin.

 

“Yujin is talking with another girl. OMG” Yuri gasped.

 

Minjoo could only looked at that scene.

 

“What are you all peeking and talking?” Yena and Chaeyeon appeared behind them and looked at where they were peeking.

 

“Oh..It’s Yujin.” Yena said.

 

“Isn’t she that girl” Chaeyeon said as she put her hands on Yena’s shoulder.

 

“Who is she?” Sakura quickly asked.

 

“Ahh…” Yena put her hand on her chest as she was frightened because of Sakura suddenness. “Please lower your voice. Geez”

 

“Come on. Answer my question first” Sakura said.

 

“She is…..She loves Yujin for 2 years or may be more than 2 years.” Chaeyeon answered as they all were looking at Yujin who was mostly listening to the girl in front of her.

 

“But you all know Yujin. She doesn’t love her back.” Chaeyeon continued what she said.

 

“But Yujin doesn’t act like this to anyone. She just passed them all. But why does she follow with her and listen to her?” Chaewon asked.

 

“She was once a team member with Yujin. Like Minjoo. So they needed to discuss about projects. After finishing project, that girl told her that she loved Yujin. And Yujin rejected her and also never talked to her again until now. But I don’t know why Yujin is there right now. “ Chaeyeon shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Why are you asking? Why are you interested in Yujin all of a sudden?” Yena looked at them with questioning look.

 

“I just want to know” Sakura answered.

 

“Did you like Yujin?” Yena said as her eyes widen.

 

“No..No..Why would I like her?” Sakura shook her head and also her hands.

 

“If you want to be safe and also don’t want to cut the current relationship with Yujin, you better not tell her how you feel. We also don’t know what Yujin is thinking. But that girl is the example.” Yena said as she pointed to that girl.

 

“I said that I don’t like Yujin. I like her but not that like you know” Sakura said.

 

Minjoo sighed after hearing what Yena said to them.

 

“I want to ask Minjoo.” Yena looked at Minjoo now.

 

Minjoo tilted her head as she looked her back. “Uhm??”

 

“Why did you suddenly stop talking to Yujin??” Yena blinked her eyes twice.

 

Minjoo gluped. “Ahhh….” Minjoo was thinking hard as what to answer.

 

Chaewon looked at Minjoo. “She was not ok. She had a little problem with her parents. That’s why” Chaewon answered instead of Minjoo.

 

Minjoo eyed to Chaewon.

 

“but you talk to us. You only didn’t talk to Yujin” Chaeyeon answered back.

 

“About that. Like you two say, Yujin was different from you two. She might take some words differently if Minjoo talks to her. That’s why she didn’t talk with her” Chaewon blurred out.

 

Yena and Chaeyeon looked at each other and nodded their heads. After a moment, they saw Yujin was coming back so the duo went to meet Yujin.

 

Sakura, Yuri, Chaewon and Minjoo looked at Yena and Chaeyeon’s back.

 

“How can they believe my nonsense answer??”

 

“That’s what I want to talk” Yuri nodded her head.

 

“No braincell” Sakura shook her head.  

 

The trio turned their heads towards Minjoo when they heard a heavy sigh from her.

 

“Are you ok?” Yuri patted Minjoo’s shoulder.

 

“What should I do now?” Minjoo heaved another sigh. “I don’t want to be like that girl. I don’t want to end my friendship with Yujin even if she doesn’t love me back”

 

“That’s why I told you that you should talk to Yujin. Or Yujin will start thinking something. And if you don’t talk, your friendship with her will be broken also.” Chaewon furrowed her eyes.

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore” Minjoo put her hands into her hair.

 

“The first thing you need to do is talk with Yujin again” Sakura joined in and put her hand on Minjoo’s shoulder.

 

 

 

Yujin was walking alone to go back to her house. Suddenly a carton of strawberry milk popped up beside her as someone was holding it. Yujin stopped walking and looked at a carton then turned her head to see who was the owner of the hands. She raised one of her eyebrows and titled her head when she saw the owner.

 

Minjoo couldn’t look up to see Yujin. She just hung her head down as she still held the carton.

 

“P-Please take this as an apology” Minjoo showed the carton again to Yujin.

 

Yujin didn’t talk anything but still keeping an eye on the girl beside her.

 

“I’m sorry for not talking to you these days. So please accept my apology” Minjoo whispered enough for Yujin to hear those words.

 

Yujin took the carton from Minjoo. Minjoo was still feeling uneasy because of silence. She knew that Yujin was a quiet type and she was already familiar with that kind of feeling but this silence made her uneasy. She didn’t lift her head, just darted her eyes to see Yujin. Yujin raised her hand which had the carton. Minjoo thought Yujin was going to throw the carton to her or somewhere else but the next action surprised her. The carton was in front of her, was held by Yujin.

 

“Also if you open this for me, I’ll accept your apology” she paused “or “ Yujin shrugged her shoulders.

 

Minjoo quickly took the carton and popped out the hole for Yujin to drink. Yujin looked at Minjoo as she formed a smile on her face.

 

“Here” Minjoo handed back the carton.

 

Yujin took it and started walking but Minjoo was left behind as she was still standing in that place.

 

“You said we are ok. Why didn’t you come?” Yujin shouted without looking.

 

After hearing what Yujin said to her, she quickly ran to Yujin and wore a smile.

 

“You’re cute when your face looks like you are helpless” Yujin patted Minjoo head as she chuckled.

 

Minjoo found another side of Yujin just in front of her. Yujin’s teasing side and it was too much to handle that side. Minjoo tried not to care what her heart was screaming right now. She just wanted to stay beside her. She didn’t want Yujin to leave her.

 

 

 

 

All of them were now in the amusement arcade. They hung out together whenever they were free. And of course, Yujin had to tag along with them. The number of people who would nag her became increased and it was too noisy. Yujin and Minjoo became closer like they teased each other. Yena and Chaeyeon were happy for Yujin because Yujin showed her bright side more often.

 

“I am really good in these games.” Yena said proudly as she crossed her hands.

 

“Me too. Nobody can beat me when it comes to game.” Sakura also crossed her hands.

 

“Let’s decide who is the real gamer today in here” Yena extended her lips.

 

“Let’s do this” Sakura was ready to take the challenge.

 

Sakura and Yena were in front of the arcade which was attacking zombies. They started shooting the zombies and the rest of their friends could hear their shout. Yena was the worst. She shouted whenever she saw the zombies.

 

“Yena, you’re so noisy. Shut up and just shoot” Sakura was annoyed because of Yena.

 

“I’m doing my best. I’m still good. Ahhhhh”

 

“How can you call yourself that you’re good in game. Pff” Sakura scoffed.

 

Chaeyeon was busy doing moves which popped out from the dancing arcade machine. Chaewon and Yuri were in front of the claw machine. They chose what to pick and discussed about the technique how to pick and calculated the angel.

 

Yujin and Minjoo were only standing, doing nothing.  They stared what their friends were doing.

 

“You wear glasses??” Minjoo asked Yujin when she noticed Yujin was wearing a round glasses today. She had never seen Yujin, wearing glasses if she remembered.

 

“Yeah. Sometimes I wear.”

 

“You look cute with those glasses.” Minjoo murmured.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Nothing.” Minjoo shook her head. Then she looked around “Why don’t you play games?”

 

“I don’t like games. Whenever I come here, only those two silly play. I just wait for them.” Yujin said as she was watching their friends playing games. “What about you?” Yujin turned her head towards Minjoo.

 

“I’m at games. I can’t play” Minjoo pouted her lips as she remembered the time when Sakura was scolding her how they lost the game because of her. “But why don’t you try playing games, Yujin? Come on. Let’s look some and play” Minjoo said with bright eyes.

 

Yujin nodded and followed Minjoo. They looked the games and amazed. They stopped in front of the one of arcade game machines.

 

“Let’s play this” Minjoo pointed hammer head game.

 

“I think that is just for kids”

 

“So???” Minjoo took the hammer and started hitting the popped up animal.

 

Yujin watched beside Minjoo and after a while

 

“Minjoo Minjoo here here…….there there….hit it….here now…hit hit…it’s coming back” Yujin was shouting excitedly as pointing the popped up animal.

 

“Now who’s enjoying??” Minjoo teased as she put down the hammer.

 

Yujin gave a toothy smile.

 

“Why don’t you give a try?” Minjoo gave the hammer to Yujin.

 

“No. I don’t want to.” Yujin rejected but Minjoo insisted so she took the hammer.

 

“Ah…Ah….” Yujin shouted as she hit the animal.

 

Minjoo looked at Yujin and giggled. “She’s cute. She’s like a kid.” Minjoo thought in her mind.  Minjoo could only look  at Yujin’s exciting face.

 

“Now…finish” Yujin put down the hammer.

 

“Do you enjoy playing??” Minjoo asked.

 

“It’s interesting” Yujin nodded her head. “I’ve never played this game before”

 

“You never try this game.” Minjoo was surprised more like shocked. “even when you were a kid??”

 

Yujin nodded her head. “I’ve never played games. Yena and Chaeyeon always come here. But I only tag along but I wait them outside by reading a book”

 

Minjoo was surprised. She tried every games whenever she came here with her friends. She was only at games but she played. But Yujin was different. She was just a teenager but she acted like a mature person. She was always surprised and wondered how many sides did Yujin could show to her.

 

“What kind of books do you read? I saw you read something related with Piano. Do you play piano?” Minjoo asked as she remembered their first meeting at café and found out the book Yujin took with her.

 

“Yes. I always read something related with piano. Yeah. I played piano”

 

“So you don’t play anymore???”

 

Yujin could only smile at Minjoo. Minjoo sensed something was not right in that smile and she let it slide off.

 

“Let’s go and see which games we can play?” Minjoo wanted to change the mood. “Let’s go there”

 

..............................................................................................TBC................................................................................................