TSR: Chapter 7

Through Strawberries and Raspberries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She definitely smelt like mint."

Oh... Those words pierced through my heart in a way that I couldn't even put into words. I didn't know a short sentence like that would break my heart so much, I want to cry. The realization hit me,

Jongin has a soulmate and it's not me?

I was trying to hold myself from crying, thinking of an excuse, 'dirt into my eyes'? 'I yawned and he didn't see'?

"Did she smell like mint to you too?" Jongin asked so innocently like a curious puppy, and I could hint excitement coming from his question as he's so eager to hear my answer.

"Didn't really notice. My hunger is killing me, I'm too exhausted to notice. I didn't really notice." Why did I say that twice? I dropped my head down on the table to avoid his gaze and held my tears back but I really want to bawl my eyes out.

I really want to go home.

I don't know if she smelt like mint or burger, my nose was too numbed by my favorite strawberries from Jongin. The answer's pretty clear.

I peeked to look at Jongin who sat across me. His hands clasped together, feet busy tapping on the floor while his eyes are busy looking for Lily at the counter behind me. With Jongin's preoccupied demeanor, I'm guessing she's not back yet.

This is killing me. I didn't know I would feel this way. Does he really smell mint from her? Does that mean... Ahh, whatever.

This confusion is giving me a headache. I don't want to conclude that she really is Jongin's soulmate. I wasn't sure if I could handle being my 'real self' around him. So without much thought I stood up heading towards the bathroom.

"Are you going somewhere?" He noticed me standing up.

"Nature's call." I excused myself trying to act natural.

The water kept running from the tap as I washed my face to freshen up. Staring at my reflection through the mirror, I told myself that I am strong and I'm not going to cry. Repeating my mantra, I forced a smile by stretching the end of my lips with my fingers.

Ugh, I look pathetic.

Fake smile and red eyes mirrored me back as I continued telling myself that I am going to be okay. But his words are haunting me again.

"She definitely smelt like mint."

Don't worry, nothing's for sure yet, Miseo. You're just tired from work. 

But, if he really did smell mint from her, then she most likely got a whiff of her favorite scent on him too. That means they're each other's soulmate, right? But if that's the case, then why did Lily run away so suddenly? What's with her sudden change of mood? 

"Argh, Miseo." I dabbed my face dry with a tissue and lightly slapped my cheeks to  bring myself back to reality, not wanting to drown deeper into my thoughts. Wow, you even have time to worry for others while you're confused yourself.

Ahh, what a messed up love line destiny made for me.

What am I to Jongin now? Who am I to Jongin? Why is this happening to me? I would've gladly accepted my fate and moved on if I didn't smell strawberries from Jongin in the first place. Why am I the only one smelling my favorite scent on him and not him to me? I want to stop the flooding questions from further confusing me. But it's so hard, it's not like it's fault for all this to happen.

Or is it? Wait.

I remember wishing that I could smell strawberries from Jongin, but that can't possibly come true though, right? But that was the only time I ever wished anything for my birthday... so did it really come true? Nah, that's too much. Let's just get out of here.

Shaking my head to remove my negative trail of thoughts, I grabbed my raspberry cologne from my bag and generously sprayed it over me as if I was making a shield before I face the reality outside. I forced another smile for the nth time before heading out.

Building myself up, I said I'm gonna be okay and everything would be fine, but that all shattered when I saw Jongin again - eyes still busy looking for Lily. I never felt like this before, finding your soulmate having their eyes on someone else... Or should I say Jongin's soulmate? I sighed. If he's my soulmate, how am I not his and he is someone else's soulmate... too? That's all weird and painful, as it leaves me completely out of the picture.

I am so confused. I can't even ask anyone about this, because is this even possible in the first place?

Miseo, just shut up and eat. I shoved the burger in to my mouth before another question pops up and would be in another endless cycle.

Both of us were very quiet the whole time; at the diner, during the ride, and even now at the suit shop. I'm too scared to talk to Jongin, afraid that I might break down if I say a word. Come to think of it, I could definitely smell strawberries from him, even until now. How come his soulmate's not me?

I stared at Jongin's broad back facing me as we walked through the clothing aisle.

Ahh, whatever. Why can't I get it off my mind? Nothing's for sure yet.

I sat on a leather chair by the fitting room, waiting for Jongin. The door opened and he stepped out wearing a dark gray suit he chose from a while ago. "How does this look?" He asked while doing casual poses here and there for me to give my opinion on.

Not being able to comment, the suit my style actually but my eyes just stared at him stunned. Why does he have to look this handsome for? I could feel my cheeks getting warmer. ​​​​​​

"Uhm, could you do a turn?" I instructed, not knowing what to say. His hair wasn't even styled, let alone, he's comfortably wearing flip flops, but he could still look amazing in that outfit. He is in a drab suit, flip flops with a messy hair but I have the nerve to say that he still looks amazing, but it isn't really the equivalent to what it is in reality. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter