Chapter 2

Destiny?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter 두 ( du; two )

-------------------------------------------------

( Jeongguk: 11 y/o ; Jimin 12 y/o )

 

Jeongguk and Jimin got along better each day after they met the first time.

The shy Jeongguk, who had a hard time talking to other people, had found a best friend. Although Jimin was a very talkative boy, his only friend was Jeongguk. The boys spent most of their time together. As long as they had each other, they didn't care what others did or thought about them.

Jimin was a very positive and, unfortunately, very naive person. He always saw the good things in people and never understood when someone was mean to him. Even when something happened, he always played it off and said everyone in this world would have a reason for their behavior. 

Over the years, Jeongguk noticed how his mother changed. From day to day she became less happy and seemed weaker. As soon as he asked her about her deteriorating condition, she just said no or said she wasn't feeling well because of her stressful work.

But one day, when his mother wasn't home after he came home from school, he realized that something was wrong. He had a strange feeling and didn't know what happened. On that day Jeongguk was called by a stranger.

Jeongguk grabbed the phone and waited for a person to speak. He was worried and afraid.

''Hello, am I talking to Jeon Jeongguk?'' the deep voice of a man spoke.

With trembling hands, the black-haired boy grabbed the phone firmer and almost whispered, " uh, that's me ...do you have something to do with my mother?" 

A short moment of silence occurs and his heart painfully pounded against his chest.

''That's why I called you.

Since your mother isn't feeling so well at the moment, she is currently in our hospital.

She has to stay here for the time being but don't worry, you can visit her tomorrow. "

Relieved but still frightened, Jeongguk breathed.

"Is she okay?" He asked worriedly.

''She is sleeping right now. We don't exactly know what your mother has. But please stay calm for now. Do you have any family members you can communicate with? Your mother could only tell us your number. "

Jeongguk thought for a moment, "Yes, my aunt's number. I'll let her know."

 

The doctor said goodbye and left a confused 11-year-old boy.

 

Jeongguk didn't know what to do or how to feel. Before he informed his aunt, he called his best friend.

Jimin immediately jumped out of his bed and asked his parents if they could bring him to Jeongguk. He told them about Jeongguk's mother and Jimin's parents allowed him to stay on Jeongguk's side.

 

Jimin tried to talk about positive things and said everything would turn out well.

Jeongguk wanted to stay calm and listen to his best friend. But deep inside he was bursting with worry and he had a bad feeling. The 11-year-old wanted to start crying and immediately visit his mother. But somehow, the situation seemed surreal to him. As if he was dreaming. Everything just seemed to be wrong. So wrong.

Jeongguk called his aunt and told her about the current situation. She immediately set off and planned to stay by Jeongguk's side for a while. 

The black haired boy didn't know how to behave, as it seemed so unrealistic.

He didn't know if he should cry and scream in panic, or stay calm.

 

After Jeongguks aunt Jisoo arrived with all her luggage, she directly embraced the overburdened boy and kissed him on the head. "Everything will be alright Kookie, I'm here. And I won't leave you." Jeongguk nodded monotonously because he wasn't able to show his feelings properly. The young boy always had problems in showing or even understanding his feelings.

 

The following day, Jeongguk, his aunt and Jimin made their way to the hospital.

In the waiting room, Jeongguk impatiently fidgeted with his feet. The walls of the waiting room were bare and it looked cold due to the lack of color. He studied the different facets of the room and tried to distract himself from the horrible reality.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his knee and saw that it was Jimin's.

His friend worriedly looked at him.

''Everything will be fine Jeongguk.''

Jeongguk just nodded nervously and tried to look calm.

After 30 minutes, which fel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter