alive

This Is How You Lose Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“where are we going?”, jennie smilingly said, can’t hide her excitement.

“i don’t know. but we’re going”, lisa winked.

jennie never knew life could be just as electrifying with spontaneity. she never knew that her bulleted life, her planned life, her sheltered being could be wrecked and rebuilt by someone. not just by someone, but by me.

“i’ll drive your convertible”, with pleading eyes, she insisted.

“but it’s a long drive”, i said, refusing her.

“that’s why i want to”, she insisted harder.

some say it takes 6 weeks to form a habit. and ジェニい, you’ve become a hard habit to break.

—-

“you can pull me closer-“

“you can pull me closer-“

“i’m surprised you know this song”, she spoke wide-eyed.

“i’m not surprised you have a good taste in music”, i retorted.

jennie is tapping her fingers against the wheel while singing along; her head bopping, her smile widing. the universe has its ways to make us fall in love. as for me, this is mine. i hope this is hers too.

“your least favorite color?”, she asked, slightly looking on my side. but i guess it’s the mirror she looked into.

“why are you fond of the least favorites?”, i wondered.

“because they are the under appreciated, perhaps?”, and again a glance on my side. i swear, one more look jen.

“indigo?”, i answered absentmindedly, not knowing any reason as of the time. pair of eyes came rushing, hushing.

“it’s like the balance of blue and violet— in between, but brighter amongst the two. kind of full of uncertainties but with the absolutes”, i spoke the last word, making sure to look at her. she is the absolute.

“what?” i was so lost in my thoughts, or in her, that i didn’t notice she was staring at me. “you are so not my type”, she said, matter-of-factly.

“what do you mean i’m not your type?”, i’m slightly offended. “

i usually go for girls who are a little bit more.. assertive”, she said, slowly, as if careful not to bring about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter