wrong turn - jeongchaeng

To All the Girls I've Loved Before

They sat on a bench nearby, Jeongyeon with a cigarette in hand and chaeyoung with her dinner. She offered her fries to the older girl, who ended up eating them all. She honestly didn’t mind. It meant the older girl had forgotten her cig. 

 

“So, how’s your first day here been ?” 

 

“Well...” she knew she could tell everything to Jeongyeon but I seemed a bit rude to spill everything about the 4 pretty girls she had met and hang out for the first time again in years. “It’s been good, walked around with Tzuyu, prepared my room. I like it here.” 

 

“That’s nice. Have you visited some of the big buildings ? They hide real treasures sometimes.” 

 

“They do.” Chaeyoung whispered, thinking about Mina. 

 

“Have you seen Nayeon by any chance ? I’ve been looking for her since this morning and she’s nowhere to be seen.” Jeongyeon looked worried, but Chaeyoung couldn’t care less about Nayeon. “I just, I got this letter from her when I woke up and that’s all.” 

 

Jeongyeon pulled a soft looking pink enveloppe from her pocket and Chaeyoung felt her heart jump. It was her letter ! She clenched her hands a bit harder on her take out bag, worried about the consequences. 

 

“I didn’t know Nayeon was capable of writing so beautifully ! And she said so many nice words, it really made my day. My month even.” Chaeyoung stared at her with a confused gaze. “It’s really the nicest thing I’ve ever read. I’m glad I agreed to date her, she really is a sweet girl. And look at that enveloppe ! You could have made that, Chae. It’s very cute.” 

 

The younger girl was feeling like she had been into a never ending spiral. Jeongyeon ? Happy about a letter SHE wrote and that Nayeon lied about ? Jeongyeon, loving every words of the feelings Chaeyoung had spilled out on her letters ? She began to feel nauseous. That couldn’t be happening. Nayeon stole her work, her precious intimacy, had probably read every letter and decided to give the letter to Jeongyeon on her behalf.  

 

It was too much. The 4 meetings, Jeongyeon discovering her feelings without even knowing it was her, the fact that she knew Tzuyu was mad her. 

 

She stood up in a flash, dropped the remaining of her meal, and grabbed the letter from Jeongyeon before tearing it apart, ripping it right in the middle. She felt her own heart rip a bit too as she stepped on the envelope with an anger she didn’t know she had been building up. She should’ve never written these letters and hoped the 4 other girls would never get theirs. 

 

Jeongyeon was looking at her with an open mouth. In her mind, Chaeyoung had just destroyed the precious love of her girlfriend, the younger girl thought. She stayed quiet and avoided looking at Jeongyeon in the eyes at any cost. She got her things from the bench, head low, and muffled a good bye before hurrying down the street. Jeongyeon didn’t try to stop her, didn’t speak up, and it was probably for the better. In her hurry, she had completely forgotten that she didn’t really know the whole campus. She walked around the buildings, turning left and right, not finding a map. She clumsily got her phone from her bag and almost threw it in anger when she realized it didn’t have anymore battery. 

 

She stopped in front of a building to try and find people to help her but the door was locked. She rested her back against the wall, bag dropping on the floor, and let herself slide down. She let her head on her knees, when she felt a drop of water hit her exposed neck ; it was starting to rain. 

 

She sighed and wrapped her arms around her legs, tears reaching her eyes and blurring her vision. She sniffled and the tear drops began to hit the floor the same way the rain was doing around her. 

 

Today really was a bad day. A weird bad, bad day. 

 

She didn’t know how long she stayed there until someone gently shook her shoulder, whispering her name. 

 

“miss...? What are you doing here, oh my god, you’re going to catch a cold...!” 

--

 

 and on that !! the serious stuff is going to start. thank you for reading !