05: "Everland"

Sincerely Despising You

3rd Person's POV

Mina's eyes fluttered open due to the sun's dazzling rays hitting her face. She screamed internally as soon as she saw Chaeyoung's face, very close to hers first thing in the morning. Normally, every human being would jump out of bed if the situation is similar to Mina's. Of course she was planning to get out of Chaeyoung's grasp but the little beast was hugging her comfortably and she obviously didn't want to wake her up.

'She looks so innocent when she's asleep... how is that possible?' she said internally. 

Without knowing, she was already smiling whilst staring at the cub's sleeping face. Although, her smile disappeared thereafter when she heard a 'ka-ching' sound from a camera. She knit her eyebrows and looked around her. How could she not notice the crowd of girls looking at them?!?!

"Omo! I will save this as my wallpaper!" Dahyun made a shrill noise which made the others laugh in agreement.

Rolling her eyes, she annoyingly pulled away from Chaeyoung's hug, resulting Chaeyoung to fall off from the bed. The baby cub was definitely startled as she fluttered her eyes open whilst rubbing her that landed on the floor. "Ow! Why did you push me?" she whined, still half-awake. 

The older one doesn't have any excuse as to why she did 'push' her. So she ignored Chaeyoung and glared at the girls who can't hold their laughter that had died down after they noticed Mina's scary pair of orbs. 

"Oh my gosh, where is my underwear?" Sana changed the topic which made Tzuyu look at her in disgust. 

"You didn't wear any underwear when we slept together?" Tzuyu took a few steps back away from Sana. "You at changing topics unnie." she added. 

Sana ran to Tzuyu, giving her an excruciating headlock. "YAH!!!" 

Jeongyeon on the other hand, made an attempt to change the topic as well. "Oh yeah, I forgot to metion that we'll go to Everland today." it was effective since everyone's attention was focused to her in an instant. Their eyes were sparkling except for Momo, Dahyun and Mina who looks gloomy all of a sudden. "We'll leave at 10 AM so we have 2 hours to prepare! Come on, chop chop!"

<><><><><><><><><>

@Everland 

"We're heeeeeeeeeere!!!" Sana screamed in joy whilst spreading her arms wide enough as if she's welcoming the whole Theme Park. She's the most excited out of all of them anyway. 

The Sanake got smacked on the head by Jihyo. "My children, please learn to behave okay?" she was pertaining to all of them. These girls are too immature for their age or rather, they don't act like their age.

"Ne!" they said in unison. 

Somehow, there was a boundary set up between Dahyun,Momo, Mina and the other girls who are excited for the thrilling rides especially the jaw dropping roller coaster which is said to be famous around here. These three scaredy-cats can't seem to ride intense yet fun rides like these. 

Mina doesn't like rides. It makes her fidgetty just imagining herself waiting in line for the Vikings, Roller coaster and other extreme ones. She became awfully quiet all the time as soon as they got inside Everland, she hoped that Chaeyoung won't notice anything to avoid being teased by the younger girl. "You're really quiet today, Mina" unfortunately, Chaeyoung can't even live a day without making fun of Mina so here she goes. "Don't tell me... you're afraid of rides like these?" she nudged Mina's elbow as she raise her eyebrows up and down. 

"Shut up, will you?" she rolled her eyes and walked ahead of her. 'Damn it. That brat's dangerous as heck.'

Mina's POV

It's a good thing that I was always left alone with Momo, who is also afraid like me. The girls continued riding those scary rides while we watch them make funny faces, especially Dahyun. Although Dahyun is afraid, she still tried riding and I admire her for that.

"Mina-chan, I was just wondering if you're interested in someone these days?" Momo suddenly questioned out of the blue as she leaned towards the railings here on the waiting line. The other girls were still riding the roller coaster you see.

I knitted my eyebrows together. Well not really? I mean, there are lots of handsome celebrities out there and there sure are handsome boys inside our campus too but none of them ever caught my attention once. Meaning to say, I've never been interested in someone.

I tucked the strand of hair covering my face behind my ear, "No. Guys these days are hard to approach and some of them are dumb." I bluntly remarked. 

Suddenly, she smirked which made me look at her with a confused face. "I'm not really pertaining to guys though."

Oh crap.

I knew it.

She's showing her gay side again. Ugh.

"I am straight, Hirai Momo." 

"I don't think so." she argued.

"Why?"

"Because of Chaeyoung. Normally, you wouldn't give a damn about her but suddenly, you've been hanging out with her a lot." she shoved her hands inside her pockets and smiled, "You should be careful. Once you fall for her, consider your 'straight' act over." 

"Wha—"

I got freaking cut off as soon as the girls arrived. All of their hair is in a mess. Believe me or not, they look like they've been harassed by some thugs around in the corner. 

Unknowingly, I was staring at Chaeyoung. She was smiling so brightly as her dimples and crooked teeth showed. Somehow, I could only say that she's the only one shining given the heavy crowd around them. Why are my eyes even glued at her? I should avoid as soon as possible before she catch me staring at her— 

Too late.

She looked back at me and the both of us exchanged stares.

I wasn't able to react. It was as if we're the only ones here, no crowd around us, no annoying dormmates with us. It's like we're the only ones in the world.

She beamed at me. 

'Oh no.'

Thump. Thump. Thump.

'My heart is beating abnormally again.'

'What is this?' 

She was walking closer, to me.

Every steps she take, makes my palm and forehead go sweaty. 

Closer...

Closer.....

"Mina unnie! how about you ride the ferris wheel with me?" 

I am afraid of rides you know... 

"Sure..." 

Wait what?! What the heck are you saying, Myoui Mina?

"Let's ride the ferris wheel," I smiled as I say the last word."—together." 

Eeeehhhh?!

-----------------------

Before going to the ferris wheel, we all decided to eat first since Momo and Jeongyeon is hungry already. Those two gluttons are the Top 2 eaters in the dorm by the way.

We settle down inside the restaurant in Everland. We were so lucky to have brought enough money for our expenses here and plus, we have the rich girls. Tzuyu, Nayeon and Jihyo. They always treat us out for no reason. Seems like they really want to spend money that much.

There were two seats left. The other empty seat is beside Nayeon and the other one is beside Chaeyoung. My mind tells me to sit beside Chaeyoung and I don't freaking know why. WHY?! Well, sitting beside her won't make things awkward right? I mean, we sat beside each other a lot before and I think it'll be okay if we sit together again this time. Hopefully, these gays around me won't tease me all over again. For pete's sake, I am straight!

Just when I was about to grab the chair beside Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon who is fast as heck, beat me into it. She was so fast to sit beside Chaeyoung first. Heol!

Since this leaves me no choice, I quickened my steps to the empty seat beside Nayeon to avoid the others in noticing the pissed off expression on my face. 

I settled down quietly but my peace got ruined as Nayeon nudged me using her elbow, "Those two are being close these days. It's annoying." she gave Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung a short glance then she transfixed her gaze to me. "Are they interested in each other? I mean, look how much fun they're having!" she irritatingly whispered before stuffing some food in . 

"Well? Who knows. Not like I care anyway." 

"Oh? Seems like I'm sensing an aura of a jealous person beside me~" she threw such tease words at me which I just tragically ignored.

They have their own life. What they do with each other is none of my business. Definitely none of my business.

Whilst putting a piece of dumpling inside my mouth, I glanced at Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung again. Now, they were feeding each other some food! What the heck? Do they really have to flirt that much? Especially in public places!

"Easy there, Minari. You don't want to make a scene around here don't you?" Jihyo, who is sitting in front of me, grasp my hand tightly as if it were to calm me down. "Your eyes were throwing daggers at them. So scaryyy~" she continued. Jihyo and Nayeon laughed at me but I just can't take my gaze off of Jeong and Chaeyoung. 

Ah dang, I feel so ty.

-----------------------------

Finally, we're now at our last stop. The Ferris Wheel.

I was actually anticipating on riding it earlier but my mood suddenly dropped unknowingly. Like seriously, I don't know why.

"TZUYU AND I ARE GONNA BE THE ONLY ONES RIDING TOGETHER."— Sana

"DAHYUN AND I TOO." — Momo

Crap. These two Japanese girls are gay as heck. No doubt. 

"Jihyo will ride with me and Jeongyeon!" Nayeon exclaimed as she pulled Jihyo closer, almost suffocating the poor Train.

Chaeyoung on the other hand, stood beside me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Then that leaves me no choice! I will ride with—"

I cut her off by saying, "No."

The excited expression on her face suddenly changed into a panic one. Oh how interesting she is too look at right now. Funny. 

"WHY?!" 

 

"Because, No." 

 

"But you agreed earlier!"

 

"That doesn't mean that I won't changed my mind, yeah?" 

 

"Forget it! I'm just gonna ride it with a random person then!" 

 

"Yeah fine! Do whatever you want you smol bean!"

 

Wait— WITH A RANDOM PERSON?!

 

"Goodbye then!" she was just about to stomp off away from us but I immediately took hold of her wrist. She spun around violently, making me lose hold. "What?!" she was completely red and I bet she's fuming in anger already.

"ith me...." I said it in a very quiet voice and yeah, I think she didn't hear it.

"Hey! Speak clearly! Do you have a speech defect or what?!" 

Dang it! She should really stop raising her voice because I'm definitely on the verge of being a deaf person right now!

"I SAID, RIDE THE FERRIS WHEEL WITH ME!" 

.

.

.

"Tch! You should've said so earlier, idiot!" she scolded me.

 

"Well, it's your fault!" 

 

"Eh?! What did I do?!"

 

"You freaking—" oh wait, no. Why am I even mad at her in the first place? Craaaap!

"Okay stop it you two. Just ride the ferris wheel okay?" Jihyo stood behind and pushed the both of us towards the ferris wheel. "Geez, it's really tough to handle 8 troublesome brats."

Nice saaaaaaaave!!

After my little fight with Chaeyoung, everybody decided to let the two of us go inside the ferris wheel first. I was shookt as soon as I stepped inside. IT' SO NERVE-WRECKING. HELP.

Seems like Chaeyoung is still pissed off at me so she didn't sat beside me. She was just silent the whole ride while I on the other hand am trying hard to keep my all together in order to stay sane as I get out of this piece of crap later on. 

Okay first of all, I have to do something about Chaeyoung's cold attitude to me right now because I badly need someone to hold unto right now. Really bad. Second, It's not like this Ferris Wheel will stop right? It's not like that righ—

"KYAAAH!!" I screamed. It felt like my throat popped out of my mouth!

Well what happened? IT FREAKING STOPPED! IT STOPPED! 

I didn't knew that I was already closing my eyes. I mean, who wouldn't?! This whole thing just stopped and I think something went wrong! Dang it!

"Hey."

It was Chaeyoung's voice. Ugh, now what does she want? 

Slowly, I opened my eyes and got surprised. WHAT THE.

Chaeyoung is kneeling in front of me and she's leaning her face closer to mine's!

Stop.

Stop right there!

Noooo!
 

Yet again, I closed my eyes but instead of feeling something on my lips, I felt a pang of pain on my forehead instead! 

She flicked my forehead!

"Ow! What was that for you brat?!" 

"Hah! Such a coward! Why're you even afraid of this thing?" 

I frowned. Wow. Why did I even decide to ride this with her? What a big joke! "Shut up! Everyone has their own fears you know."

"Sometimes, if you want to face your fears, there'd always be someone to accompany you." she sounded so serious. I even forgot that it was Chaeyoung that's talking. "Duh, I'm here so there's no reason to be afraid. If this Ferris Wheel falls apart, then I will fall with you. Understood?"

Thump. Thump. Thump.

This weird feeling again.

This funny feeling.

The butterflies in my stomach.

My fear got erased in an instant as I continue to drown in her brown, beautiful pair of orbs. They were enticing. I merely forgot my whole existence as we continue to stare at each other's eyes. 

She glanced away but my gaze was still transfixed on her. I think that I'll say something unexpected again.

"Wh-What are you staring at?! You're so annoying—" 

I cut her off once again as the corners of my lips rose.

"I think that... I already fell though. "

"Eh? "