Chapter 2: Tie Bu Fan and Lian Si De

Lion Pride – An Epilogue

Chapter 2: Tie Bu Fan and Lian Si De

“Did Qiang Wei text you anything?” Bu Fan asked Si De as he made her coffee in their kitchen.

After Si De’s surgery for leukemia, the doctors thought she was fully recovered. However, 2 months later, right about the time Bu Fan’s vacation was over, she had a relapse. Feeling like he was intruding at Qiang Da’s home now with the relationship of his two friends deepening, and wanting to help the woman he cared for, Bu Fan overrode Si De’s objections and moved into her apartment. “It’s right across from my office, I can help you when you need me. Besides, I need to move out of Qiang Da’s place.” Si De was quietly happy to have Bu Fan move into the second bedroom in the apartment.

“You got one too?” Si De asked.

“Yeah, ‘sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) = 1’. Trust a Math professor to announce his engagement in formulaic-speak.”

Laughing, Si De said, “What’s Qiang Wei’s excuse?”

“Are you tired?” asked Bu Fan. Si De had been going through treatments that left her with little energy. “A little” answered Si De. Bu Fan lifted her in his arms and carried her to the couch. “Tie Bu Fan! I can still walk! Put me down!” Si De exclaimed.

“Nope. As long as I can, I’ll use any excuse to have you in my arms.” Bu Fan wiggled his eyebrows at her in a lascivious way. Si De burst out laughing and cuddled closer in his arms. “Everything will be okay, Si De. If Qiang Da’s father can be found to be innocent after 23 years, then I believe anything can happen.”

Si De said in perfect English, “You had me when you said ‘Cool.’”