Knowing You

Nobody Compares (I Love You the Most)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minutes later, Sowon's anxiety is slowly killing her again. Alone in her bedroom, she felt like she's nearing into something that would either fix or break her. Until a person flashes into her mind; someone she longs to see. A person who was used to be her girl. The woman who still has her heart. 

 

She then whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Nayeon..Nayeon-ah? Can you hear me? ....I miss you so much.'

 

 

Then tears just fell down instantly. She couldn't contain her own emotions. As much as she's worried about the trial, her heart just thinks of Nayeon the most. More than anything else, she wants justice for her ex-girlfriend. She's apparently calling into someone, someone whose voice she misses so much. 

 

 

'ugh! I just wish you were here.. Babe, I miss you.' She then lowered her head to her knees, giving in to the tears that just keep on falling. 

 

sniff sniff

 

 


Sowon then put her head back up, grabbed her phone and dialed Eunha's number up. 


'Eunha-ya, where are you?' sniffs

'My room.. but unnie.. tonight is my clothing line launch party.' The younger girl informed feeling sorry. 

'Ahh, I see. Congratulations..I'm sorry I can't be there.' 

'It's OK unnie, I understand. But...will you be OK alone?'

'Yeah.. have fun. I am so proud of you.'

'Thank you unnie, once your case will be finished, everything will go back to normal. You'll be out freely and can go back to modeling and be in the public just like before.. right unnie, so just carry on!' Eunha cheered.  

'I hope so..thanks. I'm hanging up..'


Hearing her sister's words made her both hopeful and worried. She then dialed another number. 


'Yewon-ah? Where are you?'

 

 

 

'Hi unnie! Sorry for picking up late.. Ahm, I am just at home, ugh unnie, I have been caught up with this new system that I am working on right now. This is such a pain in my neck! But I have to finish this computer work soon. Aaah, really.'

Silence.

'uh! oh sorry unnie I ranted on you! I was just so occupied..'

'No it's ok, I understand.. you might be busy so I'll be hanging up. Do well on your project!' Sowon replied rather less energetic. 

Umji who felt a bit guilty answered. 'Thank you unnie, I'll treat you to pizza tomorrow, what do you think? :D' 

Sowon laughs softly. 'Alright, I look forward to that..' 

'Unnie, stay strong. I'll see you on Monday.' 

 

 

 

The call ended and Sowon can't seem to find someone whom she can spend the night with, a comfort she needed the most in times like these. Everyone is busy with their productive, perfect lives, while she's living her own suffocating, messy one. 


Helplessly, she just decided to sleep the night away, wishing that Monday will never come. As she was about to turn off the light, a person popped into her mind, stopping her from hitting the sack. 


 

 

Meanwhile.

 

 

 

You can hear an equally awkward silence in somebody else's room. Yerin was stuck on her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. Contemplating life, motivating herself. But her solitude was disturbed as her phone rang. She then mindlessly grabbed her phone, putting the noisy device on her ears. 


'Hmm?' She answered. 

'uh! Is .. is this Yerin?'

'Yes, why? Who's this?' She replied monotonously. 

'Ahm, hi!' The other person on the line greeting. 

'Yeah, hi.. so why do you call? Who's this?'

'Ahhmm, sorry for calling.. but this is Sowon.' 

 

 

Yerin then rolled on her left, choked on the identity of the caller. She obviously was late in recognizing Sowon's voice. 

 

'Uh? So.. Sowon? Gosh! I'm sorry for.. you know I am.. I was.. ugh I'm sorry for not recognizing you earlier..' Yerin furrowed her head on her bed. 

'No, no, no you don't have to apologize. I should have texted you first..' 

'No, it's ok. I'm glad you called, so how are you?' The younger girl then fixed herself, sitting on the edge of her bed, still a bit embarrassed. 

'Ahm, that's the thing...'

'Uh? Why? Is everything fine?' 


Sowon remained silent. Not sure how to answer Yerin's question. 

 

'ahmm, see.. are.. are you free tonight?'

Yerin sensing Sowon's sad tone, she replied. 'Ahm, tonight? I guess so.. why?' 

'Alright! I'll come pick you up!' Sowon informed then ending the call. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'WAIT? WHAT?! She.. she'll pick me what?!' Yerin blurted, confused at the sudden situation. 

 

'Oh my gosh! She's coming! What am I doing? I should get ready!' She suddenly stood up, the knowledge that she will see Sowon is finally sinking in.

___

Sowon on the other hand, quickly get dressed then head downstairs immediately. She's wearing a white t-shirt with a leather jacket paired with blue denim shorts and comfortable sneakers. Getting ready to finally meet someone whom she can be with tonight.

 

'Sojung-ah! Where are you going?!' Her father shouted as she passed on them fast. 

 

She stopped walking and answered. ' Since I CAN'T be on my sister's event, I'll be somewhere far from shame instead.' She then went on walking. Leaving her family astounded. 

Both her parents shook their heads in disbelief.

 

 

 

 


___

'I bet I look good on this, not too formal nor too casual.' Yerin judging her outfit nervously. She can't seem to move away from the mirror. 
She's wearing a simple light pink dress paired with a denim jacket and her go to white rubber shoes.    


All dressed up. She anxiously waits for Sowon's arrival. 

 


*phone rings*

 

'Sowon?'

'Sorry for making you wait, I'm already at the entrance.'

'Alright, I'll go down now.'

 

 

___
Not knowing why she's nervous, Yerin slowly stepped outside her apartment building. Letting the taller girl have a glimpse of the outfit she worked hard for, hurriedly. Sowon was standing outside her car, as she looked towards the direction of the pretty girl. As soon as her eyes saw Yerin, she was in awe. She can't seem to let her gaze go away from the younger girl's look. A cold wind brushes just to add up to the mesmerizing atmosphere.  Yerin, on the other hand, noticed the look on Sowon's face. 

 

 


She checked her dress once again. 'Why? Do I look strange?' She asked awkwardly. 

 


Sowon who got stuck staring at her zapped herself back to reality. 

 

 

'Uh! Yeah! uuh! I mean.. you look great! In fact, you looked a bit different.. in a good way.' She nodded as she connects her eyes to the blonde-haired girl. 

 

 

Yerin then smiled widely.
'Really? Thank you.. and by the way, you looked gorgeous tonight.'

Clueless, Sowon did not know that Yerin was also admiring how she looks tonight. The moment she saw the taller girl, she gasped at how breathtaking Sowon looked, even with just a simple outfit. She was completely surprised not just by how they look tonight, but with yet another chance of seeing each other. 

 


'Thanks!' Sowon shook her head, trying to erase an image on her mind. She then leads Yerin inside the car. 

 


___
'Uhm, Sowon? Where are we going? I mean, you suddenly called, I was worried that maybe..'

'Nothing. My family's out and I'm a bit hungry, and I don't want to eat alone.' She answered, her eyes fixed on the road. 

'Ahh, I see. Where did they go?'

'There's an event downtown..'

'aah, I see. hmm, I'm kinda hungry too, what do you want to eat?' Yerin asked cheerfully. 

'Hmm, anything. I'll let you choose.' She replied still focused on driving. 

'Alright! I haven't had dinner yet.. so hmm, ah! I know! Let's have samgyeopsal and some sushi tonight! Waah, I am already craving.' Yerin sounded exci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter