You and I

Nobody Compares (I Love You the Most)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 'I don't know what to do with her, I hate seeing her like this.' 

'It's okay mom, unnie is just going through a lot these days and there's nothing we can do but to stay beside her.'

 

'I'm sorry this had to happen, I should have stayed with her the whole night last night..' Umji spoke looking at her aunt and cousin. 

'No, Yewon-ah, it's not your fault, Sojung could really be stubborn sometimes, don't think about last night anymore.' Her aunt comforted the younger girl. 

 

'But mom, what are we gonna do when she wakes up?' Eunha asked. 

'We have to talk to her, you two know that our Sojung isn't used to drinking. But for few days she's been out almost every night and goes home wasted. I am worrying about her well-being.' The old woman said, full of concern for her eldest. 

The two girls across her nodded. 

 

Eunha was about to stand up to check on her sister, but her phone rang.

 

'It's dad!' She quickly handed the phone to her mother. 

 

 

'Hello? How was it? Is there any update?' 

 

'There is. I just spoke to the police and a witness appeared just today telling he knows everything that night. This should help us.You should prepare Sojung. I am now keeping in touch with our lawyer.'
The old man answered from the opposite line. 

 

 

'Alright, I hope this witness will be on our side. When will you go home?'

 

'I'll be back right away once we can set an appointment with the police and the witness. Call me if there's anything...'

 

'Okay, we really have to have a word with your daughter.' 

 

 

 

The call ended. Sowon's mother informing the younger girls about the latest update on Sowon's pending criminal case.

 

 

___

Sowon woke up massaging her temple, trying to ease the pain of a headache she got from her hangover. Sitting up, she grabbed her phone, checking the time. 2:00 P.M.
Still dizzy, she went into her bathroom at once and  took a lengthy shower. After almost an hour, she came out looking fresh, away from her untidy look last night.
She's wearing a gray long sleeve sweater and a tattered skinny jeans. Feeling satisfied and clean with her comfy clothes.
Then someone knocked on her room. 

 

 

'Unnie? Are you up? Can I come in?' 

'Yeah.'

Eunha then unlocked the door walking towards her older sister. 

'How are you feeling?'

'Good. But still a bit dizzy..'

'Okay, let's head down now, mom and Umji are waiting downstairs.' The younger girl told her. 

___

After settling in a spacious and classy living room, all of them sat quietly. Until Sowon's mom spoke. 

 

 

'I heard everything that happened last night from Yewon. Sojung-ah, why did you went too far? I hope drinking alcohol is not your new hobby.'
 Her mother started off, rather pissed.

 

 

'I'm sorry.. I was just really..'

 

 

'Really what? Really careless? I promised myself to remain calm once I talk to you but seeing you like this, makes me frustrated. Sojung-ah, you're old enough to know what's right or wrong.  And how you acted last night was totally a mistake. Good thing your cousin and her friends were there. What could happen if they weren't? What are you even thinking?!'

 

 

Eunha stopped her now angry mother. 'Mom, being angry won't help, and unnie, please say something. You can't stay like this forever.  I understand how you feel, but everyone's worried about you too!' Her younger sister said with care. 

 

 

 

'Understand?! (She scoffs.) You don't even know what I'm feeling! You guys don't know how it feels being accused of killing your girlfriend! You don't know how it makes me so anxious knowing that I have a criminal case! And you wouldn't know how it feels to limit yourself to everyone because they think you're a murderer! Mom!! I swear I did not ..(tears rolled down her face) I didn't ...do it. And there's nothing I could do to prove that, because even you, my family doesn't believe me.  And that hurts so much! So you can't tell me to pull myself together, because I don't even have any idea with my situation!'
 

Sowon broke down with visible tears falling fast down her face. Leaving everyone astounded, couldn't care less, she then walked her way to the door.. leaving the house once again. 

 

 

 

'I'll follow her!'

 

'No, Yewon-ah, let her be..' Eunha halted her from coming after Sowon. 

 

___

(deep sigh) (clenching her jaw) Ah! I hate everyone! Do they think this is easy for me?! If only I could just disappear! 

 

Sowon again slipped away. Being deprived of trust , she went on again for a drive on her own pursuit to breathe from yet another confrontation she had to escape from. But a bitter memory entered her mind. 

 

FLASHBACK FROM TWO WEEKS AGO 

'I'm not stupid Nayeon! I saw the both of you!' Sowon shouted angrily.

'The both of us? What are you talking about? I went to that sports center alone!' 

Sowon shrugs her. 'Why are you lying? I saw you entered together, not only that, I saw her touching you! And you seemed to enjoy it! Ugh! I can't believe you!' 

'I don't know what you're talking about! You're being too much!'

'Really? Then what is this about?' Sowon showed Nayeon a small sticky note posted on her tumbler. 

'It was nice playing badminton with you today! :) You're fun to be with. :D And please think about the question I asked you. ;) See you Nayeon.
-Jennie'

 

Nayeon was left speechless seeing the crumpled pink note. 

 

'Now tell me, who's being too much? Guess you really had fun with her, didn't you?' Sowon couldn't be more sarcastic. 

 

'Babe, that's just nothing. Okay, when you saw her touching me that's because.. because my arms hurt from playing. And that note, common! That's just a friendly message, don't overthink about that. I should have thrown that away..' The older girl grabbed the bottle from Sowon removing and creasing the note. 

 

Sowon remained silent, but her fists clenched. 

 

 

'Are you really not gonna say the truth?' She now sounded serious. 

 

'Sojung-ah! I'm not lying to you! ugh, why are we even fighting! I told you it's nothing, she's nothing!' Nayeon tried to reach Sowon but she stepped back. 

 

 

'Okay, I don't wanna do this, but I can't take it anymore. (Sowon's voice started to crack as she's about to cry.) Tell me the truth, just this once..'

'Sojung-ah..'

 

'Where were you last Saturday at 8 p.m when I asked you to have dinner with me after my photo shoot?' Sowon probed bravely. 

 

 

Nayeon bit her lower lip and couldn't look at Sowon straight. 'Well, I texted you, right? I told you I was out wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter