t e n

Hoodie Girl || k.th

Your POV

It's Christmas morning and i'm so excited. Eunji has been staying over at my place for the past few weeks and i'm glad that we get to celebrate Christmas together. I tumble out of bed and slide down the banister to get downstairs. Eunji was in the living room smiling giddily at me. ''Merry Christmas best friendo!!!'' She yells and hugs me tight attempting to carry me off the ground. I hug her back and wish her too. Then, she pushes me towards the kitchen and my eyes widen in surprise. I'm smiling so wide right now. I bet that i look like 'Pepe the Frog'. My mom and dad surprise visited me. I run towards them and grab them in a tight family hug. I hear Eunji going 'aww' and snapping a few pictures.

''Merry Christmas Eomma and Appa! I missed you a lot. How have you been?'' 

''Merry Christmas, Love~'' My parents say in unison. ''We've been well and we really did miss you too. Seems like my baby is doing fine, am i right?'' My mom continues and i nod my head in response. Then, she looks over at Eunji and starts to compliment her. Later on presents were exchanged and plans were made to have a Christmas dinner party.

Eunji and my mom did most of the cooking while my dad and i were commanded to do the food decorations. It was really nice spending time with family. We just need Park Jimin to complete the fam thing. He called up and said he's gonna bring his friends over so we need to make food enough for a whole military base.

A few hours later we are done with everything. It's about six in the evening and the fairy lights on the Christmas tree and other areas of the house are . It looks beautiful; a truly splendid sight. 

Half and hour later the earlier quiet atmosphere of the house is shattered by the various loud voices in the living room. Four boys are on the couch gaming whilst two are on the floor shouting at the screen. My brother appears from the kitchen carrying drinks and snacks. He winks at us and walks towards to the living room. Eunji and i can't help but stare at what's going on. ''Dayumn gurl. This is a literal hot mess. Like hot and mess both.'' Eunji says while looking at the boys. ''Oh yeah, you got some drool.'' I poke her side and she glares at me. ''Not funny (Y/N). Oh- and i invited 'Hottie Boss' Mingyu. He'll be here any moment now.'' The doorbell rings before i can respond and Eunji dashes towards the main door. I sigh and walk into the kitchen trying to get everything ready for dinner. Dad and Mum were  back from their trip to the Kids' orphanage. They went to give presents to the kids. An hour later we have our christmas dinner. The boys are really friendly and fun. We all had a great time during dinner while sharing stories and sometimes feeding each other.

After dinner everyone seems to be resuming back to whatever they were doing so i walk back to the kitchen and I rest myself against the kitchen counter and play with my phone. ''Uhm, Merry Christmas?'' A deep voice questions me. I look up and smile at him. ''That sounds more like a question, you know?'' He grins at me. ''Yeah, i guess.''

Honestly, what's with the awkward small talk. Isn't he here with me because he's curious? ''So, i guess you are here because you wanna know about me?'' His eyes flick away from mine for a moment and then he looks back at me. He gulps; his adam's apple bobbing. ''You don't need to hurry. You can tell me when you are ready.'' 

''Do you want some hot chocolate with this convo?'' I ask him and he nods his head. ''That would be great.''

I offer him some hot chocolate and i grab mine too. I indicate him to follow me outside and we sit on the garden bench. The breeze feels good out here. There is quite a gap between us. Someone else could have sat in between. However, it's only the both of us awkwardly sitting next to each other not knowing how to begin the conversation. Taehyung clears his throat and looks at me. ''Well, if this isn't awkward...'' He begins and i laugh softly. ''Very much so.'' I reply.

''Okay, here's the deal. If i tell you about myself. You need to tell me about yourself too.'' He nods his head. ''You first (Y/N).''

''I started living here alone since last year and i decided to be independent. It's been difficult...mostly financially. Earlier, I got a job as a waitress and i was fired because i was tired everyday to work. I had so many jobs before. Dogwalker, babysitter, delivery girl...'' I count off with my fingers. ''None of those jobs suited me. Everyone at school started bullying me when they found out that i did so many part-time jobs. I was a victim of verbal and physical bullying and Eunji saved me every single time but, sometimes she was too late. I was beaten up bad and i still have the scars. I didn't want to worry my parents so i kept this from them. Anyways, i remained as the top student. I knew if i studied hard it would be really easy for me in the future.'' I slowly look at him. I can't read the emotions in his eyes. He suddenly reaches out and wipes my cheek. I realise i was crying. How embarrassing. ''(Y/N), you don't have to continue if you are gonna break down but, i'll be here for you.''

I nod and continue with the rest of my story. ''I got the job at Martini because the boss is one of my good friends. It's actually a fun job even though it's quite risky. Not to mention that one time you saved me.'' I laugh a little and he chuckles. ''Yeah, quite the hero wasn't i?''

''This job allowed me to disguise myself and be a whole new person. I grew more confident about myself and it also helped me get over my bad socialising skills. The only good thing is that i don't get bullied much now. It kinda because i finish very late and i'm too tired for school the next day. I guess people like me always have difficulty in life.''

He scoots over a bit closer to me and doesn't say anything. Our hands touched and i felt a sudden dash of excitement. I look at his face and he looks back at me. Why am i noticing him like this? His brown hair is messily thrown over his forehead. His ears bear a sparkly stud each. His nose is prominent and his parted lips are indeed luscious. He's beautiful. Handsome isn't enough. He sighs and holds my hand. I gasp in surprise trying to pry it away from his grasp. He doesn't let go and i stop maybe because he's trying to console me. ''(Y/N), I-i really don't know what to say. I'm honestly sorry that any of this happened to you. I'm amazed because you are a brave girl. I'm proud of you, really. It's just that...is there any easy way?''

The two corners of my lips rise as i smile. ''Thank you Taeh- I mean Mr. Kim and you don't have to be sorry. There is definitely no easy way but i'm trying my best.''

''Well it. Call me Taehyung. The 'Call me Mr. Kim outside school' bull was to stop the thirsty teenage girls in your class.'' 

My eyes widen in surprise. Reason number one because he swore and i have never heard him swear before. Reason number two because he told me to call him Taehyung. Progression?

''Anyways, (Y/N) i got you a present.'' He hands me over a neatly wrapped gift and i gladly accept it. ''Woah, i really didn't expect this TaeTae.'' I say the nickname that Irene gave him whilst unwrapping the present. I notice that his ears turned red. How adorable. He got me a hoodie. It's black with white strings and the word 'SLAY' printed across the front of it. I smile instantly. ''Oh my gosh, this is perfect! Thank you so much!'' I beam at him.

I take a box out of my hoodie pocket and place it in his palms. ''This is your gift. It's nothing much but i hope you will like it.''

''I surely didn't expect this (Y/N).'' He mimics me and unwraps the gift and holds the tie between his sleek fingers. ''Wow, this is really smart and pretty. Has anyone called a tie pretty before?'' He asks me and i shrug. ''Thank you so much. I love this.'' He says and pulls me right onto him for a hug. I'm obviously shocked and i don't hug him at first but, i dissolve into that embrace and hugs him back while patting his shoulder. At this exact moment a fireworks display was above us. How cliché is this? We pull away from the hug and look upwards at the sky with wide smiles on our faces. 

''Thanks for sharing your story with me (Y/N). I really appreciate it.'' 

I smile at him and pat his hand. ''To be honest i do owe you a proper reason and an apology about the whole double me thing.''

He smirks. ''An apology, eh?'' This makes me narrow my eyes at him. ''What now, Taehyung?''

''How about another hug for the apology part?''

''W-what?'' I stutter. ''Oh, come on (Y/N). I'm not telling you to makeout with me even though that's not a bad choice. Kim Taehyung, what the ?! Are you high fam?

''F-fine. Just a small hug okay?'' He nods and pulls me onto his lap while hugging me. This sure ain't a small hug though. However, I can't help but his hair as i hug him back. What does this make us? I don't even understand this yet. 

''I think you gotta tell me about yourself now.'' I say and he nods while still hugging me.