the block party!

Sweet Memory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 31st, 2017

Oh the block party is today… Mom and Dad would be here for it for a few hours and then they would have to leave me once again for their couple’s retreat thing. Well at least they get to interact with our neighbors at least for a short amount of time. I’ll be staying over Hayoung’s house while the block party is going on since the Big Bro took Ahchoo with him when he went back to his apartment. I guess he wanted to show off how great of a dog she is. He told me that since high school is a stressful time for anyone, he would take another workload off of my hands. I miss my little white furball..hing, I’m practically living alone for the holidays. I’m glad Hayoung and I live close to each other so we can see each other whenever.

Jisun

All the girls decided that they would all sleep over Hayoung’s house since it would be a while since her house was filled with people. The girl finally told the rest of the group that she lived alone now which made the girls check in on her every day. Jisun was the first to go over to Hayoung’s house since her parents said that it was okay to go ahead. When they were alone they held each other in their arms and took goofy selcas together. Things that a cliché couple would do but they didn’t make it official yet.

When Hayoung opened the door to let the shorter girl in, Jisun was attacked with a giant hug. “We have to act ‘normal’ again so I should make this last.” The taller girl said before planting a kiss on the other’s forehead.

Jisun was content with how they were, no one would know and judge them for what they had. “I brought snacks.” The shorter girl said with a big smile.

The two sat on the couch it would be another hour or so till Gyuri and Saerom showed up together with their hands intertwined with each other’s.

“The parents are here!” They both yelled out so that they two would open the door. Their relationship was hidden for a while until Gyuri accidentally called Saerom her nickname in the group chat. YeochinRommie~ All the girls sent their own reaction pictures which led them to come clean about their relationship. Jisun and Hayoung laughed about the situation the day after because they knew that something like that might happen to them as well.

The four sat on the couch watching a variety show that had different idols do a game called, “the Whisper Challenge.” They all laughed when the sentences were coming out all wrong. Jisun laughed to the point of tears because her favorite idol said, “Poop.” Instead of, “Food”.

She was the only one laughing at that part so Hayoung looked at her weirdly. Saerom looked up from her phone, “So the other’s will just meet us here when the block party starts. They’re probably looking for fireworks.”

“I thought high school students wouldn’t be able to buy them…” Gyuri said, looking over the group chat.

“Only the big ones. I told them if they want to do sparklers then they have to buy it.” Saerom said. “Anything with fire scares me.”

“I’ll protect you from the fireworks later.” Gyuri said putting her arm around the short haired girl.

The other two just looked at them as they shriveled up from embarrassment. Jisun got up and went to the kitchen to escape the scene so that she could get a cup of water.

When the sun started to set they heard music being played on speakers outside and a man telling that the party has started. Hayoung looked though the curtains and saw that Jisun’s parents walked out of their house and started to talk to the neighbors.

“Habbangie, didn’t you sign up to do a performance today?” Gyuri asked.

“Last minute yeah, but it’s not until later…” Hayoung said with a smile. “It’ll be a new style so… I’m kinda nervous.”

“I know you’ll do great!” Saerom said with a smile.

“Should we go out now?” Jisun asked, joining Hayoung at the window. “More people are coming out now.”

“Do you see food?” Gyuri asked.

“Your dad is passing out pancakes.” Hayoung said grabbing her jacket.

“THE Pancakes?!” Saerom jumped out of Gyuri’s arms and joined the other in getting her shoes on.

Jisun and Gyuri looked at each other and shrugged. They had to follow after their girls.

After they greeted their parents and got food they found a table that was empty and decided to wait for the others there. They were just enjoying their food until they heard familiar voices yell through the microphone.

“EVERYONE LET’S PARTY~” Jiwon and Seoyeon said as the other three walked behind them.

“Oh my god.” Jis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter