C H A P T E R 8

Forgiving him 77 Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To Jungkook, reading your diary was like stabbing knives into his heart, and with wound that the stabs left, guilt was akin to salt that was rubbed onto the raw and open wound. He was genuinely confused as to why you had felt the way you did, why you couldn’t trust him despite him trying his best, despite his sincerity.

Jungkook was hurt, he knew his reputation wasn’t the best and that you had known him as womanizer. But he could have sworn that you were the only one that he ever tried so hard for, and yet, you had thought that it was all pretense, you had thought that his reality was your delusion.

But Jungkook understood though, why you had felt this way. He understood why you weren’t secure with him, why you had thought all of his actions were pretense. Jungkook didn’t even know that you didn’t like gore-filled action movies, he didn’t know when you were happy and when you were sad. He never chased you back when you guys were in college or high school, instead he had pretty much treated you like crap.

 

So, who could he blame? Maybe you were right to leave him after all.

 

Jungkook’s thoughts were now filled with the same self-doubts that you had experienced, the same self-doubts you went through and he laughed at the irony of that.

A brief knock was heard on Jungkook’s office door distracting him from his thoughts of you and self-pity.

 

“Woah. You look like man.” Namjoon’s mouth formed into an ‘O’ shape and his eyebrows were raised as he looked straight at Jungkook.

 

Looking at Namjoon, Jungkook barely sighed as he cocked his head towards your diary, holding it up for Namjoon to see.

 

“I ed up.” Jungkook’s voice was quiet and really soft. His words hung gently in the air, while Namjoon walked towards the chair opposite of Jungkook and sat himself down. “Joon, I miss her.”

 

Namjoon looked at Jungkook intently, trying to think of the right words to say. But he couldn’t, because he too knew that Jungkook had ed up. After all, it was pretty obvious to Namjoon that you were in love with him. And though he was Jungkook’s friend, one of the closest one at that, he couldn’t excuse how Jungkook had treated you too. Perhaps in Jungkook’s eyes, he had tried, but Namjoon knew well that if Jungkook had wanted to, his best would much more than what he had given you.

 

Sighing, Namjoon stood up and walked towards Jungkook, placing a hand on his back and gently patted him.

 

“Hey man, let’s go to that newly open club to have a drink or two? Get your mind off some things you know.” Namjoon’s question was met with silence and he decided to just drag Jungkook out of his chair. “There’ll be lots of girls there. You could use some distraction.”

 

To hell it did, Namjoon’s advices almost never worked.

 

-

 

You grabbed your bag and slipped on your heels, sighing gleefully as you could finally knock off from work. You wanted so bad to go back home, to snuggle up in the comforts of your own blanket while you nursed your heartbreak. Besides, Taehyung was out on a date tonight so you had the whole house to yourself, the whole house for yourself to cry in. 

As you walked out of your office heading to the elevator, you saw Namjoon and Jungkook heading out from the corner of your eye. You impatiently pressed the elevator button multiple times, hoping that the elevator would arrive faster so that you wouldn’t have to share a lift with them.

 

‘2’

.

‘4’

.

‘8’

 

You sighed in exasperation as the elevator seem to be taking its own sweet time and no matter how many times you pressed the down button; the elevator didn’t seem to be any faster. But mostly, you sighed because you knew just what Namjoon and Jungkook would be up to tonight.

 

Whenever the two of them were together they’d most

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter