o16

The Wife System
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning the doctors ran a lot of tests on her. The drug was still in her system but it was passing through rapidly. She hadn't had anymore fits but she complained of a constant headache. When they started questioning her on the drug, she couldn't answer.

That's when I knew she didn't know she had taken anything. Jiyoon was a terrible liar. But that also meant someone had drugged her. There was something buried away in her memories. A secret that someone wanted to learn.

When she looked to me with wide searching eyes, I stepped in to save her. They fought me at first, saying she needed more tests but I was ready to go home. It's been almost two full days since I've had a decent rest. And Jiyoon didn't look much better herself.

 

The ride home was quiet. Jiyoon looked so far away. I would sometimes catch her shaking her head with her eyes shut tight. Almost like she was trying to rid herself of whatever memories had come to the surface.

I wanted to touch her, to assure her that she was going to be okay. But I didn't know how to make that happen. I didn't know what she was going through or what could have happened in that place.

She shuddered and I pulled the car over. We were still a few miles from the house but I had to speak with her now.

"Jiyoon. What happened?"

She turned to me, tears starting to pool in her eyes. I was at a loss. Did I console her in this situation or demand to know the truth? First thing first, I had to know who drugged her. That was the most important thing at the moment. I reached for her hand and instead of pulling away like I thought she might, she squeezed.

"Who did this to you?"

"I don't-" She took in a shuddering breath. "I don't know."

"Who have you talked these past few days? Where did you go with Hira and Yongguk, could someone have spiked your drink?"

"I don't know." Jiyoon started crying.

I felt bad for pushing her. It just angered me that someone had done this. What bothered me the most though is that I didn't know why.

"Let's go home."

 

I pulled up to the house. Jiyoon lifted her face but didn't comment, her crying had stopped but her face was still puffy. She moved to get out but I caught her wrist. "Wait." I let go and went around to her side. She gave me a confused expression when I started tucking my arms under her knees and back.

She had struggled to walk out of the hospital earlier today. Carrying her into the house was the least I could do for her after everything. She didn't speak but held on tight to me shirt. It was much like the night after Himchan attacked her in the bathroom. Yongguk held Hira back as did Jongup for Haewon. I knew they were worried but I didn't know what to say.

I took slow steady steps up the stairs and into her room. Carefully I tucked her in the bed. She caught the edge of my sleeve before I could fully turn away. I could tell she wanted to say something so I sat with her.

"Jinyoung." She called. "Just tonight. Can you be my husband, just for tonight?"

Her deep brown eyes shined with tears and loneliness. I caressed her cheek, sliding my thumb just under her eye. 

"Scoot over." 

She slid across the bed and I slipped under the covers. Her eyes widened at my actions. I was trying not to think about what I was about to do next.

"Just for tonight. Tomorrow we're roommates again."

She slowly nodded. I lifted my arm. Jiyoon stared at me like I was crazy.

"Come here."

When she didn't move, I reached forward and tucked my arms around her waist and pulled. She s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter