Chapter Nine

I've missed you... too

6 months went by so quickly. I found myself googling Chanyeol and seeing what he was doing whilst in China... I needed to know when he was coming back. I was trying to plan so much... trying to think what to say to Minah, holding back from Jongsuk, how to get out of marrying him. Then the thought hits me, he can't marry me if I'm not here.

Then the plan hits me, everything in the house is packed up in boxes and bags when Minah is in school. I contact the landlord and inform him to rent out the apartment. Then I ring my father. “Appa, I need to come home for a little while... is that okay?”

“Of course darling, you know there's always a home here for you. Also there's a new school here, only a few miles down. I'll make preparations for Minah to start there?”

I start to tear up. Its the one thing I didnt want to do, was change Minah's schools but... I have no choice. I won't marry Chanyeol and I wont lose her to him. “Okay, call the school.”

 

I head to pick up Minah from school and inform Jongsuk that she'd be dropping out. As I reach the gates I see Minah with a little boy, I know of the little boy he's been going to school with Minah since she started there. He was called Kyungsoo. I stare at them and watch as he gives her a flower from the garden and kisses her cheek.. I remember meeting Chanyeol at that age. What a bright and energetic person he was.

“Hyesung-ssi, aren't they cute? First love and all that.” Jongsuk says surprising me.

I look to him and nod. “Yeah, I suppose they are.”

“Are you okay? We haven't managed to talk much recently.” he asks worried.

I nod. “Can we talk now?”

He nods with a smile and leads me into the school without Minah noticing. “What's up?” He says sitting down in the office checking his phone.

I notice he's a bit distant, he must've gotten over me already, we haven't really spoken since my trip to the hospital I got home and sent him home then rejected all contact with him.

“Thank you for all your hard work.” I say and bow a full 90 degrees. I hear his phone tap the table but I remain bowing.

“What?” He asks now next to me and holding my shoulders so I stand up straight again. “That almost sounds like a goodbye?”

I nod. “That's what it is.” I look him in the eyes, he seems shocked. “I'm sorry but I'll be living with my father until further notice. It's nothing to do with you or us... I hope you'll understand this is for Minah's sake.”

He shakes his head and then looks to the window where Minah is still playing outside. “If it was for Minah's sake you wouldn't leave here... she loves it here.”

“She's young, she'll adjust at my fathers home. They've just built a big school near his village... well it's a 50 minute walk and 30 minute drive. But my father will help us.” I state. I then look out the window to Minah. “I think I was too much for her, I forced a busy life here in Seoul... when actually the country life would suit her well.” I smile back to him and say. “Thank you, but Minah, from today onwards is withdrawn from school.” I bow to him once more then leave the office.

As I get onto the school grounds there's a black SUV in the street out front. I pull my phone out and call my father. “Have you left yet?”

He coughs and answers. “Of course, I've just picked all your stuff up from your flat. Made it here in record breaking time.”

Chanyeol gets out the SUV and looks straight to me. He points to the alley way next to the school and then heads over there. I too move quickly so Minah doesn't see me and then before I reach him tell my father over the phone. “Take all the stuff and head home without me and Minah, we'll take the first coach out tomorrow morning. There's something I need to do tonight.”

“Okay daughter... I'll see you tomorrow let me know when you're due in and I'll grab you from the coach station.”

I agree then hang up reaching Chanyeol who's lent against a wall waiting puffing his cheeks out. “When did you get back?”

“Today.”

I nod. “Eager...”

He looks at me seriously and then moves towards me. “Eager? Are you kidding me I spent the last 6 months only thinking about Minah.”

I nod. “I guessed as much.”

“Look.” He sighs and then starts. “I don't expect you to tell her today, I want to ease her into this. Tell her after she gets to know me. You can't just spring on a 5 year old their father.”

I nod again.

“Does she ever ask about me?”

I shake my head. “I must be enough for her. I agree this should be taken slowly.” I change my tone of voice into a much nicer and understanding one. “Let's eat together tonight.”

He nods. “Yes, of course a meal. How will I introduce myself?”

I smile to him and say. “Just, use your name.”

 

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Thank you for reading <3

128ve980'x