Who Said Polar Opposites Do Not Mix Well Together? | Jihyo x Jennie |

Park Jihyo One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Summary: BLACKPINK has been breaking records ever since they debuted during August, which may or may not be YG's motive after the incident with 2NE1. Nobody had expected this next move from him when he announced that BLACKPINK's Jennie Kim will be joining We Got Married, a variety show in which two randomly chosen celebrities get married.

"Sir, are you serious?" A young brunette asks with her wide eyes that could not hide her surprise. The man who sits before her nods. His familiar black cap covers his head and casts a shadow over his eyes.

"It is a good opportunity for BLACKPINK to get some exposure to more people," He smiles, "don't you think?"

"Well, yes but-"

"But what?"

She hesitates before speaking on her thoughts, "It could also result in the opposite, sir. They could also receive hate for this too."

"Well," He pauses to think of a proper answer, "I guess that's the risk we're going to take. The world is changing constantly, Ms. Kim." The man laughs. "And after all, it's been a while since one of our own artists goes on these shows, don't you think?"

The woman could only nods meekly. She had an odd feeling but she cannot tell if it's a good or a bad thing.

———————

"Are you serious, manager unnie? You have to be kidding!" A blond haired girl shouted at the brunette, who simply sighs.

"It's true, Lisa-ya. Mr. Yang said so."

"B-But..." Lisa wasn't sure on how to proceed to asking their manager, "did you talk to Jennie unnie yet?" She chose to go with the safer question instead of straightforwardly questioning if they knew that Jennie was gay.

"Not yet. I will after you girls finish your practice." Ms. Kim shows a small smile before excusing herself to let the rest of the girls continue their dance practice. Lisa, who was still thinking about what their manager just told her, did not see Jennie come her direction.

"Lisa," Jennie called, making the Thai girl squeak before turning to face her, "what's going on?"

"Uh, what do you mean?" Lisa feigns a confused face as she already knew what Jennie was trying to ask her but wanted to avoid being that person to break it down to her.

"Manager unnie was talking to you by herself so I thought you were in trouble or something." Jennie explains, crossing her arms, "So, are you going to tell me?"

"Ah, she just wanted to tell me about my schedule for tomorrow. Unnie will go see you after dance practice to tell yours." Lisa easily saved herself from being Jennie's target and excuses herself to get some water before their break was over.

Jennie just shrugs and resumes eating her snacks.

————————————

After their practice was over, Jennie was called over by their manager and she walked over to her.

"Yes, unnie?" Jennie was expecting to hear about her schedule for the next day. Although, she noticed how wary the woman was with her shaky eyes. She wonders what happened to her.

"Jennie, I don't know how to put this, especially when you only debuted for nearly a year..." Their manager began nervously but Jennie urged her to continue on regardless, "you are going to be on We Got Married."

Jennie froze before uttering out with surprise, "That reality show? Really? I thought we shouldn't be thinking about dating right now."

"I thought the same but these are the CEO's orders." The manager sighed.

"Well, that can't be that bad, right unnie?"

"Not exactly..." The older woman coughs to clear , "This fake marriage is a bit special." Jennie, still a bit confused on the pressing issue, became intrigued.

"Special? Am I getting married to an international star or something?"

The older woman sweat-dropped. Would she be considered an international star? Well, their fan base is no joke, so I would think so.

"They broke the YouTube viewing record in 24 hours."

"Oh? They did?" Jennie comments, thinking of the groups that could have done that. "Is it someone from SM?"

"SM? No."

"big Hit?"

"It's not BTS, if that's what you're thinking. Plus, we don't want you to be killed by their fans."

Jennie was more confused, "If it's not EXO or BTS, then there's no other group that broke any YouTube records. I doubt that it's someone from YG since it'll cause more scandals."

"They're from JYP."

"J-JYP..?" Jennie repeats, believing that her husband is someone from Got7. Their manager nods.

"Yeah."

"But," Jennie frowns in thought, "I don't think Got7 broke any YouTube records from what I've remembered."

The older woman took a deep breath to brace herself for whatever may result from what she is about to say before looking at Jennie very seriously, "Jennie, you will be staring in a fake marriage with Jihyo from Twice." She watches the younger girl's concentrating expression change into a shocked one.

"T-Twice's J-Jihyo?" Jennie squeaks uncharacteristically but the older woman could hardly blame her for acting like that after being informed about this, "I-I thought WGM..."

Their manager sighs, "Me and you both, but I think they're trying to recover the show's popularity after the last couple by having a special season with same couples." The woman softens her gaze and asks in a careful tone, "Are you...comfortable with that?"

Jennie was more than okay, but she wasn't going to admit her ual orientation to their manager to avoid any sort of horrible scandal that her group members and family would be heavily affected by it. She nods, feeling that her straight and neutral face would not convey her internal joy of getting to be with a girl, especially one with a pretty smile.

With that, their manager pats her on the shoulder and leaves her with the rest of the members in the practice room. As she left Jennie to her own thoughts, the latter couldn't help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter