Contracted

A Cold Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a drowsy cold morning, barely even 5AM it was still swallowed in darkness. With hodded puffed eyes, Makoto yawned and stretched an arm in the air. Watching it swayed weakly from side to side looking at the ceiling through the space between her fingers, 

 

"Another day.." She sighed, closing her hand and tossing her lifeless body onto the floor so she could get changed and out the door.

 

The cold wind greeted her face, lashes glued tightly together as her eyelid closed shut. Then again, the empty streets and the haunting sound of the wind gushing into her ears she rose her head and let it caress her face. 

 

Indeed she was lonely and broken, but she couldn't keep bearing that fragile feeling of being shattered and empty no more. Change, she needed change not just change around her, but to change. 

 

That's why she went to Tokyo, she took up on a model offer she had been offered by a model scout who was on vacation in Korea during her stay there. At the time, Makoto was hurt, confused and in grave need of help, despise all of that she still worked hard to earn money even though it was difficult. 

 

Dumped, harrassed and thrown out on the streets. After so many years of hurting, taking the blind path in love she lost everything and gave up on all her dreams in life to be with the man she loved. At first it was admirable, but later as the years went by it was just a make-believe romance something of the past. 

 

All of this, she shared with the model scout, whom became her friend. Nate, for short, Natalie for the boss. Nate admitted at first, she was interested in Makoto because she wanted to bring her to Japan and contract her as a model. 

 

Her name being too difficult to pronouce she decided to call her Makoto, to fit with her cool looks and strong character. 

 

Makoto was tired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter