sunday mornings

Road Trip
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] sunday mornings [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] During the entire night Eunkwang had a hard time sleeping. He kept thinking about his friend's reactions when he tells them about the car. Will they be surprised? Will they be ecstatic? Who knows, they haven't even planned out a destination yet but he already rented out a car. The worst thing Eunkwang could imagine was his friends thinking he was an idiot to rent a car for no particular reason. Plus he doesn't even know if his friends are busy or not on those days. What did he expect, it was their first vacation together, of course there was going to be problems.

It was worries upon worries and questions upon questions last night. 

Surprisingly, he still managed to sleep last night but he had to cover his eyes with his hands to prevent them from opening. 

When Eunkwang woke up, he felt his throat sore up. He saw a cough drop on his night table and he unwrapped the cough drop then popped it into his mouth. He placed his palm on his forehead. Completely warm. Eunkwang looked back to yesterday.

He lightly slapped his face. How could he forget the time he was walking around Seoul without an umbrella. His aunt warned him about the forecast that day but he neglected her nagging and decided to throw her umbrella in the closet. But that of course, backfired hence his sore throat right now.

He heard a beep from his phone and he checked who it was.

Yugyeom: Dude where the hell are u?

Eunkwang: I left already. p.s don't act like you didn't enjoy spending time alone with soojung ;)

Yugyeom: shut up I gotta go >:(

Eunkwang laughed and threw his phone on his night table. His laugher quickly stopped when his nose started running. "Goddamit." He grabbed a tissue and quickly wiped his nose. 

Soon afterwards, he used up pretty much every tissue box in house. 

Suddenly his bedroom door opened revealing a short pale woman with bangs and a ponytail. It was none other then his aunt. "Eunkwang-ah breakfast is ready!" she said with a huge smile. She noticed his lifeless body laying on the bed trying to move his arms. "Aunt Mi-Minkyung. You're here," he said faintly.

She walked near his bed and saw his half-lidded eyes and tissues lodged up in each one of his nostrils. "Are you sick? If you want I can make some soup for you," she said worriedly. She opened up the curtains revealing the sunlight and touched his forehead. "Oh my! Even your forehead is all warm." Eunkwang sighed. Every time he gets sick, her aunt-mode turns on and she turns all crazy. He somewhat enjoys it when she babies him like this. His aunt will pamper him with her home cooked foods and medicine. But the down side to it, is that she'll give him all her undivided attention. That means she will keep her eyes on him like a new born baby, making sure if he ever wants anything he will always have to ask her to get it.

"No I'm fine, it's just a little runny nose," he refused quickly and jolted straight up. Aunt Minkyung of course, doesn't believe him since it was way worse than a 'runny nose'. Seeing how her nephew became very stubborn, she stopped nagging him and left his room.

When she closed the door, Eunkwang sighed. Was he too harsh on her? He didn't really mean to act so snobby but he wanted to just be alone, that's all. 

He reached for his phone. Maybe this will clear his mind.

Back at Yugyeom's house it was quite...awkward.

Soojung was the first one to wake up. Her head was placed on the crook of Yugyeom's neck and their hands were interlaced. She noticed their position and jolted her head up causing Yugyeom to automatically wake up too. 

He was confused wondering why she looked so flustered. But then he remembered last night and face palmed. "You didn't have a pillow so I let you lay on my shoulder! Wait-" Yugyeom tried to assure her but failed miserably.

"Why didn't you move then!"

"WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP." The two turned their heads to see Taehyung with a grumpy expression. His hair was all messy and his half-lidded eyes made him look like a grandpa. 

He pushed pass the two to go to the kitchen. "Move out of the way before I lock you guys out of the house," he groaned. 

Yugyeom tsked at his older brother's attitude. "That brat."

"I heard that!" he yelled from the kitchen.

Yugyeom pretended to act scared and Soojung quietly chuckled. That laugher quickly stopped when she remembered their argument and punched his chest. "OWW! What the hell!" He hunched his back in pain and was surprised by her sudden actions. 

"That's for sleeping so close to me," she said bitterly then left to go to the kitchen.

Yugyeom just sat lifelessly on the floor trying to process her words. He didn't even do anything wrong. It was her fault for putting her head on his shoulder. Plus, he shouldn't even be surprised since she always nags at every little thing he does.

While Taehyung was busy preparing breakfast, he heard everything they said. He found it cute when his little brother and Soojung would bicker over the littlest things. 

Taehyung was busy making a sandwich and humming to his favorite tune that he didn't notice Soojung leaning on the doorway watching him.

"Hi oppa!" He dropped dropped his butter knife and started panicking. She could have at least warn me. But still, he returned back to his normal self; washed his knife and continued cutting the bananas like nothing happened. 

She frowned at the fact that Taehyung ignored her presence. Instead of going back to the living room, she walked to the counter and stood right next to Taehyung and watched his hand movements. Watching the knife glide through the fruit somehow satisfied her.

Of course Taehyung felt awkward. Who just stands right next to you; watches your every moves and says nothing? He peered to his side. She was still there quietly watching him. 

He faked a cough. "If you're just going to stand there, at least help me prepare the food," he grumbled. She actually listened to his orders and started to cut some of the bananas. He obser

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter