Playing Hard To Get (MiChaeng)

The Rabbit, The Swan and The Smol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The girls had just finished attending a short lesson on variety and acting skills. The cameras however were still rolling and filming for episode five of Twice’s Elegant Private Life was still on going.

“Alright. Since we have learnt a few valuable lessons on acting and did parodies today, we need to put the skills we learnt to test. So to finish up, we will film a music video and make a parody out of a drama.” Jihyo explained to her members.

“Drama?” Chaeyoung asked while flipping her hair from side to side.

“Yes, drama. So through what we just saw in the acting exercise, Jungyeon, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu will be filming the drama parody.”

The 4 girls whose names were just announced were inwardly cheering, thankful that they didn’t have to learn another choreography.

“Momo, Mina, Sana and Nayeon unni will film the music video.”

The remaining 4 had wanted so badly to let out a tired groan but they remembered the cameras filming and instead only offered wide grins to show how excited they were.

 

*

 

“Ok, I’m pretty damn sure the other team will be parodying Descendants Of The Sun.” Nayeon spoke up as soon as they had settled down.

“How sure are you?” Sana asked, head tilted slightly out of habit.

“I’m willing to bet my secret stash of instant noodles.” Nayeon confidently announced.

Momo snapped out of her daze upon the mention of her favourite snack. “WHAT INSTANT NOODLES?”

“You have a secret stash of instant noodles?? Dude, we’re roommates and I didn’t even know you had a secret stash!” Sana whined.

“That’s why it’s called a secret stash, you idiot. Come on. Let’s focus on what which video should we do a parody of.” The black swan knew if she didn’t get her group members to focus, they would never be able to finish the parody on time.

“I suggest SNSD’s Mr Taxi!” The blonde Japanese suggested, earning a hit at the back of her head from Sana. “Ouch! What was that for??”

Nayeon sighed and shook her head. “She auditioned with Mr Taxi, remember?”

Momo and Mina had to try their best to stifle their laughter. An image of young Sana trying to dance to Mr Taxi came to mind.

Sana ignored her two Japanese friends and suggested, “How about Red Velvet’s Dumb Dumb?”

Nayeon who was in-charge of writing down their ideas quickly scribbled on a piece of paper.

“Let’s do something mature and y. Brown Eyed Girls’ Abracadabra?” The oldest suggested and without waiting for any approvals, wrote her idea down on the paper.

“If we’re going for something mature and y, we should do a parody of Adult Ceremony.” The ballerina sounded confident with her suggestion.

“Are you crazy?” Sana asked Mina in Japanese.

“Why?” Mina asked in their native language.

“We have a grandma in the team!!” Momo blatantly pointed at Nayeon.

Nayeon looked up with a clueless expression on her face, not understanding a single thing the other 3 were talking about. “What?”

“Idiots! Think of it this way. The other team would be in the army uniforms. We need to win the hearts of the audience.” Mina tried to reason out; in all honestly she was just trying to win the heart of a certain rapper.

There was a moment of silence between the four. Nayeon was still clueless on what the three were discussing.

“Yeah! Mina’s right. Let’s make their nose bleed!!” Sana cheered as though it was the most normal thing to say.

Out of excitement, Momo blurted out in Korean, “Ok! Call! Adult Ceremony it is!”

“Hello? Korean girl here?” Nayeon tried to remind her group members of her existence.

“Unni, let’s discard all the ideas,” Mina grabbed the pen and paper out of Nayeon’s hands, “and just do a parody of Adult Ceremony.”

 

*

 

The 4 girls have watched quite a number of Adult Ceremony videos (both covers done by idols and live performances by Park Ji Yoon herself) before realizing that it was better to follow most of the original choreography instead of creating new ones.

“But there’s this really long dance break and everyone has their own dance break. Should we just choreograph our own?” Sana asked and the three girls stared at Momo.

“What?” Momo was still puzzled as to why her group members were looking at her.

“You heard her, choreograph the dance break.” Nayeon didn’t like ordering her members around but they were all mentally exhausted from trying to memorize the original dance moves.  

The blonde pointed to herself, “Me?”

“Yes, Hirai Momo. You. Please make it as y as possible.” Mina tried pleading with those puppy eyes she knew Momo could never say no to.

Feeling a little embarrassed, the blonde could only scratch her nape and nod.

 

*

 

The producers thought that it would be nice if they could include a scene of the MV parody team rehearsing in front of the DOTS parody team.

“I told you they were gonna parody DOTS!” Nayeon had yelled as soon as she saw three members of the other team dressed up in army uniforms.

Mina had wanted to scream. She had mentally prepared herself to see her crush in an army uniform but who was she kidding? She fangirls over Chaeyoung in almost any outfit the latter puts on.

‘Good lord, how can a child look that good in an army uniform??’ She thought to herself.

‘Control your expressions Myoui. Control.’ Mina chanted in her mind like a mantra but she couldn’t help it when her jaw betrayed her. She had wide open. ‘God, if you can hear me, it’s me, Myoui Mina. Please give me the strength to not pounce on Son Chaeyoung.’

“Alright. The MV parody team will be rehearsing and we will have to give them our honest opinion.” Jihyo snapped her out of her daze.

She noticed that Chaeyoung was sitting next to Dahyun and protectively locking their arms together. Although she felt a little disappointed, she thought maybe it was just an act to show that she’s being protective of Seo Dae Young. Her crush however wasn’t looking in her direction at all. She noticed that Chaeyoung’s gaze was on Sana.

Annoyed, Mina quickly made her way to where Sana was standing and stood in front of her, blocking the rapper’s gaze on Sana. Finally Chaeyoung’s gaze was on her. Mina couldn’t help but smirk and mentally gave herself a pat on the back for a job well done. However, she could feel herself falter when Chaeyoung shifted her gaze to Dahyun instead.

‘This is war.’

*

 

The music started and the girls were dancing like it was the actual recording of the MV. Mina however, purposely exaggerated some of the moves to attract the attention of her crush. For instance during the dance break, when they were laying on the floor, heaving their chests, Mina had purposely looked in the direction of Chaeyoung. That was when she caught the youngest rapper staring and her lips.

Mina kept her gaze trained on Chaeyoung even as she sat up from the laying position. She was suddenly very thankful that the slit on the dress was high because she knew Chaeyoung’s number one weakness were legs and thighs. Mina made sure that as she sat up, her long legs were exposed.

She noticed how the rapper was trying not to squirm in her seat and had shifted her gaze to the ceiling instead of on any of the girls in Mina’s team. Mina knew she was winning this game.

 

*

 

They were finally done with the rehearsals. Jeongyeon was wrapping a blanket around Momo’s waist; annoyed at how her girlfriend’s legs were exposed to everyone in the studio.

“Are you trying to make a burrito out of my legs?” Momo girlfriend.

“If that’s possible, then yes, I’ll do that.” Jeongyeon said after making sure that there was no way her girlfriend’s leg would be exposed again.

“You were really enjoying it though.” Momo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter