friday

Erroneous Data

"Donghae, you'll be late to school!" His mother called from the living room where she was already packing the small things. What she didn't know was that he would leave home last minute everyday and still make it to school. It was so weird that she wasn't at work but Donghae didn't mind much, he had his daily morning routine then watched her move around the living room. "How long have you two been a couple?" - "For about two years." She smiled, placing the framed pictures of baby Donghae in a box. "You were so cute." She dreamingly said.

"Still am." He hummed and left to go to get his backpack and phone before he got dressed. "Gotta go now." - "Take an umbrella with you!"

He did so. It was a big umbrella with a bright blue sky printed on it along with a couple of pearly white clouds. Walking underneath it made once feel as if it was a sunny day but it wasn't. It was grey and tiny rain drops had been falling all morning. As long as it wouldn't turn into heavy rain, that was okay. He spent most of his way to school in the bus anyway.

 

He entered school, wrapping the threat around the umbrella and sticking it close so it wouldn't open again. "Morning." Siwon and Leeteuk joined him. Donghae smiled in return and honestly he felt like he hadn't smiled at them for a while. After all the happenings, he was starting to feel calm and normal again. He was getting used to it. "We got a workshop today." Siwon said as they entered a classroom. "Right.." Donghae had totally forgotten about that. So it had been pointless to do all the homework last night. How annoying.

But the workshop would be something to help them with their careers after school so he was actually looking forward to it. It lasted 5 hours then it was over and they left. It had been kind of boring but that was okay. At least they hadn't had any lessons. Well, until now. Biology. But the good thing was that Hyukjae was in that class and so he took a seat next to him before anyone else could.

"Hey there." Hyukjae smiled at him and he returned the smile. "Have you taken an umbrella today?" Donghae chuckled lightly but Hyukjae shook his head and sighed heavily. "I haven't. It wasn't raining that much in the morning but now it's pouring outside." He looked at the window. In fact, it was pouring by now. He hadn't even noticed. "It's fine. I have one. I'll walk you home." Honestly he felt kind of nervous right now but it made him feel easier that Hyukjae seemed sheepish. "Really? But where is it?" Huh? Donghae looked around. He had forgotten his umbrella. "Oh... I must have forgotten it. I'll get it later. It's really cool. It has like a bright blue sky printed on it."

The teacher shut them all up and except a few sheepish glances at each other now and then they remained silent till the end. Donghae was about telling him that he would get his umbrella when another guy showed up and reminded Hyukjae that the photography class was today. "Oh, sorry. I guess we will see each other another time." This was quite disappointing but Donghae accepted it and left to look for his umbrella, which was nowhere to be found. He went to the classroom they had had the workshop in but it wasn't there. Someone had seriously stolen the umbrella? This day had started so well and was already getting so bad.

Siwon and Leeteuk had left as well so he had no one else there to sneak under their umbrella. Donghae pulled the zipper of his jacket up and left the school building. He hurried to his bus station to check when the next one would come but instead there was a notice that the bus line wasn't going today and the replacement was down the street. Far down the street. Donghae looked down at himself. His jeans had turned a darker shade and his hair was soaking up the rain thirstily.

With a sigh he started walking. It really didn't matter whether he would run or not because he was all wet anyway. He was walking down the street when he heard Hyukjae call his name. Blinking surprised he stopped and turned around. The other was all wet as he was running towards him, the umbrella in his hand. "I've found your umbrella. It's this one, right?" He was slightly out of breathe.

Donghae looked at the umbrella then up at Hyukjae. "Why haven't you opened it?" - "It's... yours. I didn't know whether I'd be allowed to." They just stared at each other for a little while before Donghae laughed lightly. Hyukjae was just too adorable. And it felt just like before. His heart was beating faster and there was that fuzzy, warm feeling inside of him. "Uhm..." Donghae had done that before so he could do it again. "I'd really love to take you on a date." Hyukjae looked startled then his cheeks turned bright red. He stuttered before nodding quickly. "If you then tell me why you know so many things about me." He smiled shyly.

They both grinned at each other and Donghae finally took the umbrella, opening it above the two of them. The raindrops drummed loudly on the fabric. "We will see about that." This time he would do better. This time he'd proudly confirm that Hyukjae was his boyfriend - once they would get in a relationship. "Don't you have some class now?" Donghae tilted his head but Hyukjae shrugged. "I don't like it that much anyway and I saw your umbrella so yeah... I thought you could walk me home." - "Lead the way."

They started walking, Hyukjae glancing at him. "You know where I live, don't you?" Donghae couldn't help but grin and thankfully it didn't scare him, he laughed along. "I really wonder how you know all of that."

 


The end ~

Short, simple, idk. I kind of feel like this last chapter is really not well written but I can't focus right now and i know that I'm gonna get super busy (already am tbh but yay for procrastinating) so better now like this than never and worse.