Three

Unexpected

Days have passed, and Yeri can't be more thankful. She was now comfortable around with Seulgi, and was able to hang out with her for a few more times. Because of that, she always earn a playful shove from Sooyoung mouthing, 'go get it, girl!'; the last incident almost made her kiss the ground. Good thing Seulgi was there to save Yeri from falling. She didn't forget beating up Sooyoung after that. Meanwhile, she had also managed to finally introduce Sooyoung to Chaeyoung and the three of them had been hanging out ever since.

 

It was a Saturday morning and Yeri had invited Chaeyoung and Sooyoung to the amusement park. She wants to let loose from all the stress she had been getting since her final exams are approaching. Gladly, her friends think of the same thing, too, and the rest of the Friday night was spent in planning on what to do and to ride on the place.

 

Now walking towards the location, Yeri can see Sooyoung waiting near the entrance of the amusement park. Getting more excited, she immediately ran to Sooyoung and gave her a hug as if to say 'good morning'; donning a wide smile.

 

"Whoa! Easy there, you fart. I don't want my outfit to be wrinkled." Of course, the satanic Sooyoung decides to be her usual satanic self.

 

"Stop calling me fart, unnie! And your dress looks horrible!"

 

"Excuse me? How dare you insult my one-of-a-kind outfit? For your information, you're looking now at the soon-to-be fashion designer."

 

"Hah! Fashion designer, my . You don't even know how to draw properly a dress."

 

"I-I am improving now! Yours isn't that good, either!" Sooyoung countered. Yeri cheered inwardly for attacking her best friend's kryptonite. "When is Chaeyoung coming anyway? I really want to try those rides badly."

 

"She texted me earlier that she's coming." Checking the vicinity, Yeri still hasn't found any signs of an angel walking. "Unnie, why don't you just go inside first and buy us some tickets while I call Chaeyoung to check." Yeri suggested.

 

"Whatever you say, fart." Sooyoung then stuck her tongue out but dashes inside immediately since Yeri was about to choke-slam her.

 

"God, she's really a pain in the ." Deciding to call Chaeyoung, her goofy smile surfaced as she was scanning in her contacts for that special name. Checking her back to see if Sooyoung was looking secretly at her, Yeri lets out a small sigh of relief when she still see her busy queuing for the tickets. Immediately tapping the call button, Yeri feels the excitement rushing in on the thought of calling Chaeyoung.

 

"Hi, Yeri!" Chaeyoung greets at her.

 

"Good morning, Chaeyoung!" Yeri replies, still smiling. "Are you near at the place now?"

 

"Yeah. I just got a bit lost earlier but luckily I was able to ask some people in the area." Yeri frowns at the thought of Chaeyoung getting lost but then suddenly remembers that she just moved in here a few days ago.

 

"I'm going to step outside so that you can—" Yeri stops as she felt her breath momentarily cease. Walking towards her was Chaeyoung, waving excitedly and is wearing simple floral dress. Yeri thinks she's seeing the second coming of Christ (she saw in the Internet that someone claimed God as female; not really caring if it's true or a hoax) and feels her phone slipping out of her hands.

 

"Hi! I'm sorry I'm late. Where's Sooyoung unnie?" Chaeyoung asked.

 

Yeri—still in a daze, not answering the question—blurted out, "You look beautiful today."

 

Chaeyoung got flustered at the comment; feeling a brush creep in her cheeks. She suddenly felt hot. "T-Thanks. You look pretty, too."

 

Yeri was about to sputter some more compliments when Sooyoung suddenly appeared beside her.

 

"Hi, Chaeyoungie! Wow, you have a good fashion sense. Where did you buy those clothes?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"Hello, Sooyoung unnie!" Chaeyoung greeted. "You liked it? I actually bought this in a boutique shop in my hometown. Yours looks good, too."

 

"Really? Thank you! I'm actually glad you know how to appreciate beauty, unlike someone else." Sooyoung side-eyes Yeri. She then continued, "That's some good shop right there. If you want, I can recommend you some of my favorite shops I visit frequently here and onlin—"

 

"Did you already bought the tickets, Sooyoung unnie?" Yeri cuts in. She felt a bit jealous of the interaction between the two.

 

"How dare you cut in to my speech; and yes, I already have it, fartface." Sooyoung was waving the tickets to Yeri's face.

 

Glaring daggers at Sooyoung as if to say 'I'm gonna kill you later', Yeri snatched the tickets from her and then turns to Chaeyoung; smiling immediately and guides her to the entrance of the amusement park, leaving Sooyoung behind.

 

"Hey! Wait up, you midgets!" Sooyoung hollered and tries to catch up with them.

 

---

 

Three rides later and the trio is suddenly worn out from all the energy spent by walking and shouting.

 

"I'm hungry." Chaeyoung confesses.

 

"You didn't eat anything earlier?" Yeri asked.

 

"No," she shyly answered. "I was too excited to go out..."

 

"Let's get something to eat, then. I'm also starving." Sooyoung said.

 

The trio looked on the food stalls lining in the area and Chaeyoung feels even more hungrier than ever. Sooyoung volunteered to order for them and instructs Yeri to look for a vacant table for them to eat.

 

While waiting for Sooyoung, Yeri initiates a conversation to Chaeyoung. "Did you have fun so far?"

 

"Totally! I've never been this excited and happy after moving to this place."

 

"Me, too! Why did you move from your town anyway?"

 

"Oh. It was actually my decision. My parents... they... They're not really in good terms right now. I also don't want to get caught in between their situation so I asked permission to move away in the meantime. Surprisingly, they agreed to my decision and so... yeah... That's why I'm here." Chaeyoung explained.

 

Yeri suddenly felt guilty for asking. She thought she have touched a sensitive topic. Deciding to lighten up the atmosphere a little, she asked a different question instead. "Do you live alone? Do you have any relatives here?"

 

"Yeah. I'm living alone in my apartment, although I do have a cousin here. I actually asked if I can stay in her place but apparently, she has a roommate already. I think Jungyeon unnie's just putting up her roommate as an excuse. I stayed there for a day and I really think her roommate is her girlfriend."

 

Yeri widens her eyes, "Really? Why do you think so?"

 

"Well, when I was looking at their place, I saw a framed picture of Jungyeon unnie and her roommate, and guess what?" Chaeyoung asked, leaning over to Yeri with eyes twinkling of excitement.

 

Yeri—suddenly hooked on Chaeyoung's story—unconsciously stares at her eyes and then mouthed a 'what'.

 

Chaeyoung paused for an effect; leans more dangerously closer to Yeri's liking, looks at Yeri's lips and then whispered, "They kissed. On. The. Lips." She then smiled widely.

 

Yeri was rendered speechless; felt her face getting hot at the sentenceand discreetly fanning herself to calm down. 'Why does it look like she...' Yeri mentally shakes her head, stops herself for even thinking about it. She silently thanked the heavens above as Sooyoung had now joined them on the table; hands full with food. But even that distraction was not enough since she can still feel Chaeyoung's stares in between their meal.

 

---

 

The trio is now standing at the entrance of the haunted house. Sooyoung is constantly pushing Yeri inside and Yeri tries to swat Sooyoung's hand as she, too, tries to shove Sooyoung inside. They then heard Chaeyoung blurting, "I want to go in. Who wants to go together with me?"

 

Sooyoung and Yeri looked at each other, and the fight of shoving continues. Although Yeri would like to spend each rides together with Chaeyoung, but the thought of facing these hideous monsters hiding in the creaky old house makes her want to step back.

 

In between the fight, Sooyoung's phone rang and she quickly removes her hold of Yeri and excuses herself to take the call.

 

Chaeyoung—still looking at Yeri with hopeful eyes—holds out her hand for Yeri to take it. Although she have already experienced this before but deep inside, she's still scared. Even so, thinking of having another person with her to experience the trip made her feel relaxed. A little.

 

"You scared?" Chaeyoung asked Yeri.

 

"Of course, I am! Who wouldn't be?"

 

"Aw, come on~ It's not that scary as what you think it seems."

 

"You're lying to me. I can feel it.”

 

"What? Nadah." Chaeyoung shakes her head. "Lying is a no no~" Acting a little since she's trying not to give away any hints to Yeri about it.

 

"Have you already tried this before?"

 

"Yeah, I did. You can close your eyes, too, if you really can't take it." Chaeyoung suggests.

 

Yeri is still not convinced. She looks once more at the entrance and suddenly imagines that it's laughing at her. Yeri suddenly shivered.

 

"At least do it with me? Besides, the more the merrier! If you want, we can pull some pranks on the ghosts."

 

Before Yeri can say her piece, Sooyoung comes back, panting. "I'm really sorry guys, but I am actually needed at home," she announces, disappointment clearly displayed on her face.

 

Yeri is now scared even more of the thought that they are down one person to venture inside the scary house.

 

"Oh, that's too bad. I was kind of hoping you could join us." Chaeyoung pouted.

 

"I'm really sorry. Mom won't give me a reason why but I don't like to receive a beating if I won't comply, so..." Sooyoung shrugs. Turning to Yeri, she asked, "You okay there? You haven't said a single word."

 

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay. I was just..." She motions her hands awkwardly but the other two didn't seem to understand it.

 

Thinking that she's getting scared, Sooyoung tries to encourage Yeri and said, "Don't be such a scaredy cat. You'll be fine since Chaeyoungie's with you."

 

Yeri deduces that there's nothing that she can do. Gathering up her courage, she then said, "Okay. I-I'll go with Chaeyoung."

 

Smiling at the words, Chaeyoung then grabs Yeri's hands; ready to go inside.

 

"Alright, then. I guess I'll be going now. Take care of your ears, Chaeng. Yeri's shouts are no joke."

 

Yeri didn't fight back; unable to hear any of the teasing as she is busy concentrating to calm herself down.

 

Chaeyoung decides to play along. "Don't worry. I have my earphones ready if that happens. I'll make sure she's still alive after the little trip."

 

"As expected of you, Chaeng! You take care of the little fart for me, yeah?"

 

"Sure thing, Sooyoung unnie." Chaeyoung assures.

 

"Okay, I really have to go. Bye, midgets! Phone me up later!" and with that, Sooyoung is now running; leaving a frozen Yeri and a waving Chaeyoung.

 

"So... you ready now?"

 

'Oh my god, this is it,' Yeri thinks. Still unable to speak, she just nodded her answer.

 

Chaeyoung gently tugs Yeri's hand and together, they went inside the haunted house.

 

---

 

With the two of them holding one flashlight each, Yeri and Chaeyoung linked their arms as they are now walking on the haunted house's hallway.

 

“It's so dark... I wanna go home.” Yeri starts and she felt like crying.

 

Chaeyoung can only laugh at this. Scared Yeri is cute. “Already? We're not even halfway on the first part yet. Just calm down,” she said.

 

Hearing some rustle at the back, Yeri screamed immediately. “Oh my god, it's here! I'm not doing this!! Ahh!!!”

 

“Shh, calm down! If you keep on shouting like that, they will really come at you.” Chaeyoung scolds.

 

Yeri lets out a whimper as they are now inside the first course.

 

The lights illuminated from the flashlight only lets them see a little on the room but upon scanning, they can see two hospital beds with dummies covered in plastic.

 

“This is crazy. Why do they set it up this way? I think something is in here.” Yeri said.

 

Chaeyoung blurted, “Why is this so gross?”

 

“I'm really scared now. Oh my god, what do I do? What do I do? Please...”

 

Walking cautiously in between, Yeri's eyes are darting from left to right; expecting something to pop out at them.

 

And Yeri was right. A white disheveled figure came rushing at them, and the both of them shouted.

 

“Oh my god! Ahh!! That thing touched me! Oh my god! Help!! Please!!” Yeri wailed.

 

Chaeyoung is still in shock then hits Yeri to stop her shouting. “Come on, let's hurry and finish this quickly!” she said as she's dragging her along.

 

“I want my mommy now!” Yeri pleads. Thinking that the ghost might follow them, she then said, “Don't follow us. Don't follow us!”

 

“Stop it! They won't, I'm sure of it.” Chaeyoung shushes Yeri.

 

Nearing the second course, they can faintly see a room with a mannequin being operated. The light illuminating on the mannequin's head and seeing its horrible sight made Chaeyoung scream. Yeri—still praying for her mom to come—saw the set up and screamed again.

 

“W-What if that thing gets up?!” Yeri questions.

 

“Shh, no, no. T-That won't happen.” Chaeyoung is trembling now but still assures Yeri about it.

 

Now walking on the narrow hallway, they suddenly felt cold. Yeri unconsciously moved closer to Chaeyoung's body for more warmth.

 

“I really think there's something in there. I'm 100% sure of it.” Yeri said, glancing at the back every once in a while to check if there was anything following them.

 

Focusing on the road ahead, Chaeyoung walks hurriedly but jumps as the window was opened and a hand came out.

 

“Ahh! The hand looks gross! Yeri, help!”

 

Yeri—surprised at the call—was still screaming, but attempts to kick the hand away so that it won't harm Chaeyoung and for them to move on to the next course.

 

“How dare you touch the angel!” The last kick made Yeri slip on her . Angry, she immediately stoop up and closed the window harshly. She thought she heard a faint 'ouch' on the other side.

 

Chaeyoung tries to catch up her breath, said, “Are you okay, Yeri?”

 

“No. My still hurts.”

 

Chaeyoung chuckles for a brief moment but her expression changed when she noticed they are now inside the storage room. Both of them being careful of everything, pupils never resting and tries to walk faster so that they can get out of this house immediately. Nearing a corner, another hideous creature jumps at them.

 

“Ahh! Stop it! Help me, oh my god!!”

 

Chaeyoung was still scared but Yeri's nonstop screaming made her burst out laughing. Yeri notices the action, questioned. “Why are you laughing? I'm on the verge of dying in here! Ugh, my head hurts.”

 

Calming down, she then comforts Yeri. “It's nothing. Come on, it won't scare us again... right?” she hesitantly asked the ghost. The questioned ghost just stood still for a moment; slowly raises both of its hands and—

 

“Okay, okay! I understand! I'm sorry!!” Chaeyoung shrieks and hurriedly pushes Yeri forward.

 

Sensing that they are now far from the previous creature, Yeri suddenly said, “I can't believe you just talked to a ghost.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“'...you won't scare us again... right?'” Yeri mimics the act earlier.

 

Chaeyoung then grabs Yeri's head for a headlock. “I told you to shut up.” She hits her playfully.

 

“Ow, ow. I'm sorry. I'll stop now.” Yeri laughs, trying to get free from Chaeyoung's hold. (But she absolutely won't mind if Chaeyoung wouldn't let go. Really.)

 

They are almost at the last course. The set up is even more scarier and colder every minute.

 

“Why is this road so long? I'm going crazy.”

 

“The light isn't working! Chaeyoung, help! What do I do? It's dead! Oh my god.”

 

“Look for an extra battery, then.”

 

“What? There is? Where?”

 

“I don't know. Try asking one from the ghosts before.”

 

“...Can you get it for us?”

 

“And you believed that? I was just joking.”

 

“Why are you so mean! I just needed my flashlight to work!!”

 

“Oh my god, Yeri. Just keep it down, will you?”

 

The sudden burst of wind startled them.

 

“Don't, please! Why are you guys like this...” Yeri bawls, clinging weakly at Chaeyoung.

 

“This is really no joke. Wow.”

 

Along the way, they saw something at the corner. Moving closer, they noticed the ghost had a long hair and is crouching with its back facing them.

 

“Wait, look! It's a real person!” Yeri exclaims.

 

“What? No! Don't be ridiculous.”

 

“It's real!”

 

“Oh my god, what is that...” Chaeyoung whispers as she covers to silence herself; trying not to make too much noise.

 

They pressed their backs on the wall, waiting for a few seconds. Yeri—wanting to confirm her suspicions—decided to speak up.

 

“E-Excuse me...”

 

Nothing happened. Walking a bit closer, Chaeyoung checks the figure. “It's just a dummy.”

 

“Are you sure?” Yeri suddenly showcased her English skills.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“For real?”

 

Chaeyoung chuckles again. “Yeah. Don't worry.”

 

“Okay.”

 

With only one working flashlight, they can barely see anything up front. Chaeyoung leads the walk with Yeri hiding behind.

 

“I think we're almost there.” Chaeyoung said.

 

“Let's hurry up, then. I want to get out of—”

 

Yeri was not able to finish her sentence when another ghost came out and is chasing after them. Chaeyoung screamed an 'oh my god!' and dashes immediately. Yeri got left behind and felt her knees wobble. She stumbled on the floor, face-to-face with the ghost and is pleading profusely. “Please! I'm so sorry! I won't tease my sister again. Please, let me go. I still want to live! Oh my god, save me!!”

 

The ghost stopped on its actions—satisfied at the scare—and silently walks back to its hiding place.

 

Chaeyoung rushed back to where Yeri fell and was hit by her. “Why did you leave me alone! I hate you!” Yeri bawls. “Mommy!!”

 

“I'm sorry! I was too scared and I didn't notice. Shh, it's okay now. You're fine.”

 

Chaeyoung helps Yeri stand up. “You look like a mess, Yeri.”

 

“Shut up. It's all your fault.”

 

Chaeyoung can only chuckle at that. Even at Yeri's messy state, she thinks she's still cute. Walking towards the light outside, they feel relaxed now as they can see the exit of the said haunted house.

 

“Thank you for coming.” The attendant greeted, bowing.

 

“Ah! That surprised me!” Yeri was startled again. “Don't do that, seriously. Ugh, my head still hurts.”

 

“That's because you kept on shouting.” Chaeyoung fake-scolds.

 

“I can't believe this angel is so mean to me...” Yeri mumbles under her breath.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Nothing.” Yeri pouted.

 

“Are you mad at me? Aww, I'm sorry~” Chaeyoung coos. She wraps her arm around Yeri's shoulders for a side-hug. “Anyway, it's the end now. We made it alive.” Chaeyoung lets out a sigh of relief.

 

Exhausted from all the shouting, the two of them decided to rest on a bench for a while.

 

“I'm tired. I'm not going back there again.” Yeri announces.

 

“It was really no joke, wow. It's the most scariest haunted house trip I've visited.”

 

Yeri couldn't agree more. “I still can't believe you lied to me.” She crosses her arms, trying to put up a front that she's mad. She re-enacted the statement earlier. “'It's not as scary as what you think it seems!'”

 

She then heard Chaeyoung laughing. Unable to continue the act, Yeri had also laughed along. Who is she kidding? She can't stay mad at this cute angel.

 

Calming down, she said, “Anyway, I'm hungry again. Can we eat something before going home?”

 

“Huh? But we have one more set of tickets here.” Chaeyoung informed.

 

“Oh. Is that so?” Yeri pauses to think. “I'm really tired right now so let's try to look for a relaxing ride.” she suggests.

 

“Hmm... how about the ferris wheel? What do you think? It's the most fitting one out of all the remaining rides here.” Chaeyoung said.

 

“That's fine. Let's go.” Yeri stretched herself while sitting and then jumps; getting excited on the last ride.

 

---

 

“This is great. Look! I can already see my house!” Yeri happily said; eyes still glued outside.

 

Chaeyoung silently watches as she, too, is taking the scene from up top. “This is so far, the best day I have ever spent.” She said.

 

“Me, too! Everything else was fine, except for the haunted house part.”

 

“I'm really sorry for dragging you there in the first place.” Chaeyoung immediately felt guilty.

 

“What? No, no. It's fine, really.” Yeri smiles to Chaeyoung to assure her. “Besides, I think it's also time for me to experience those kind of things.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Both of them smiled at each other. Even though the sky is already dark outside, Yeri can still see Chaeyoung's face blooming under the dim lights. She quickly looks away as she felt herself blushing for the nth time. Chaeyoung then shuffles closer as she puts her head on Yeri's shoulder, feeling the tiredness coming in.

 

Yeri's body went rigid from the action, inwardly panics as she wasn't expecting this to happen. Sensing no movements from Chaeyoung for a while, she looks at her and notices Chaeyoung sleeping. She smiles and then arranges Chaeyoung's hair as it was blocking her face.

 

The ride ended rather a bit too quickly with Yeri getting a bit disappointed as she had already felt herself relaxing from the moment earlier. Sighing, she gently wakes Chaeyoung up.

 

“Chaeng? Wake up. It's over now.”

 

“Hmm?” Chaeyoung stretches a little. “Already? That was too short,” she pouted.

 

“Tell me about it. Come, let's go home.”

 

“Can we eat first? I'm hungry. Again.”

 

Yeri chuckles. “Sure, sure.”

 

---

 

While waiting for their orders to arrive, Yeri felt her phone vibrating. She fishes out her phone and notices a text message from Seulgi. Frowning at the random notification, she checks on it immediately.

 

 

[Hi, Yeri! What are you doing now? :)]

 

[I'm currently at the amusement park, unnie. Why? Is there something you need?]

 

 

Yeri didn't get a reply on her question. 'Weird,' she thought. She decides to brush it off as she can now hear their order being called. She volunteered to get the orders herself and together, they ate their meals silently. She was munching on her hamburger when she noticed Chaeyoung staring at her. Bothered by the thought that Chaeyoung might want to have her hamburger, she decides to speak up, “What's wrong? Do you want another hamburger?”

 

Chaeyoung—still eating—shakes her head and giggles. She then motioned some gestures on her face but Yeri didn't quite catch what she's trying to convey.

 

Still baffled, Yeri asks, “Is there something on my face, you say? You looked weird doing those hand movements.”

 

Chaeyoung then bursted out laughing. 'She's really cute,' she thought. “Yeah. Clean yourself. You look like a beggar.” She handed Yeri a napkin and directed her on what spot to wipe on.

 

Yeri then wiped the spot Chaeyoung pointed. Thinking it was properly cleaned, she then continued on devouring the hamburger. This time—again—she wasn't careful as she got another trace of sauce on the corner of her lips. Chaeyoung got bothered again at the mess on Yeri's face and calls her attention once more.

 

“Seriously, slow down.” Chaeyoung chuckles. “Look, you have another sauce... here...” she then pointed on her own lips.

 

“Here?” Yeri points. Getting a nod from Chaeyoung, she complies; wipes the spot the latter had directed. “Okay now?” She asks.

 

“No. There's still...” Unable to control her neat-freak self, Chaeyoung scooted closer towards Yeri's seat. Grabbing a napkin, she wiped the other spot Yeri missed. Yeri can only stare as Chaeyoung is busy cleaning her face. Feeling Yeri's stares, Chaeyoung halted her actions and looks back at Yeri. Her face felt hot all of a sudden, getting curious as to how it would feel like having those lips pressed upon hers. She immediately remembers the memory of her cousin kissing her roommate. Yeri holds her breath; heart beating wildly on her chest as she's getting nervous on what's going to happen. With Chaeyoung leaning in dangerously closer, Yeri slowly closes her eyes as she braces herself for the contact.

 

Only to be interrupted by a loud explosion of fireworks nearby. Silently cursing, Chaeyoung quickly pulls away and coughed awkwardly. “Y-You—clean—now... yeah...” she sputters; inwardly scolds herself for being unable to form a coherent sentence.

 

Yeri then straightened on her seat, trying also her best to calm herself down after what happened and mumbles a silent 'Thanks'. She continued to munch on her burger, unable to think of anything else to do. Sensing the awkwardness that is starting to build, she then pointed upwards to divert their attention and exclaimed, “Look! Fireworks!” 'Like, yeah. Obviously. Way to state the obvious, Yeri. Congratulations!'

 

Chaeyoung was zoning out for a while but slowly smiles as she looks up at the sky to watch the fireworks display Yeri pointed. She wants to scold the person in-charge for this event for interrupting their little moment. Sighing, she looks back at Yeri and watches her enjoying the dark sky getting painted with bright colors.

 

After watching the little event, Yeri invites Chaeyoung to go home. She then held out her hand, helping Chaeyoung get up from her seat to which the latter grabbed tightly.

 

They are now walking towards the exit of the amusement, hands intertwined with each other. Both of them having a silent agreement of not bringing up what happened earlier.

 

“Yeri!” Someone called for Yeri's attention.

 

Confused, Yeri looked everywhere and got shocked, not expecting the person's presence.

 

“Seulgi unnie?”

 

---

 

“Seulgi unnie? What are you...”

 

“Hello, Yeri.” Seulgi greeted, her gaze suddenly focused on the intertwined hands. She reverts her look immediately back at Yeri. “I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply earlier. I got busy doing grocery shopping.”

 

Yeri was able to catch what Seulgi was looking earlier, and slowly, she removed her hold of Chaeyoung; with the latter missing the warmth coming from Yeri's hand.

 

“Oh. It's no problem.” Yeri smiled. “By the way, Seulgi unnie, this is Chaeyoung. She's the new student in our school. Chaeyoung, this is Seulgi unnie. One of the seniors in our school.” Yeri introduces the both of them.

 

Chaeyoung then bowed, greeting her senior with Seulgi doing the same thing. She then asked the two, “Are you guys going somewhere?”

 

“Oh, we're actually about to go home.” Yeri answers. Turning her attention to Chaeyoung—who has been quiet the moment they were out of the amusement park—she asked her a question. “Where do you live, Chaeng?”

 

Chaeyoung proceeds in informing Yeri about her apartment's address. Seulgi then decided to take her leave since she still have some other place to go, but not forgetting to say goodbye to Yeri by ruffling her hair. Yeri tries to remove Seulgi's playful hands but can't help herself but smile at the little contact and waves her goodbye to the older. She turned to Chaeyoung and said, “Let's go? I'll take you home.” Nodding her answer, the both of them walked the road quietly.

 

---

 

They are now situated outside of Chaeyoung's apartment. She tries to invite Yeri inside but the latter politely refused the offer. “My mom must be looking for me,” she reasoned. Chaeyoung decides to let it go.

 

The two of them are still outside, words of goodbye hanging in the air. Sensing the atmosphere, Yeri then cleared and said, “Uhm, I guess I'll see you at school. You should go inside, it's getting colder.”

 

“...Yeah. Okay.” Chaeyoung nodded. She had been thinking of doing this while walking. Because of the interruption earlier, she had decided to do it to put her mind at ease.

 

Without warning, Chaeyoung slowly moves closer to Yeri, whispers a 'thank you' to her ear and then kissed her cheeks. Pulling away, she immediately giggles at the sight of Yeri getting flustered at the action. She proceeds to go inside, but not before saying “good night” to the stoic Yeri.

 

Yeri blinked a couple of times, trying to register what had just happened. After a full minute of just standing outside Chaeyoung's apartment did the thought finally dawned upon her. 'Oh. My. God. She kissed me! The angel had kissed me!' She squealed, bouncing up and down. However, the moment was interrupted when a neighborhood dog had enough of the disturbance and barked at the noisy entity outside.

 

Startled at the noise, she stops her little celebration and heads to the opposite way; deciding to continue it at the house. Not wanting to end the night just like that, Yeri grabs her phone and called Chaeyoung.

 

The latter picks up immediately. “Yeah?” Chaeyoung breathlessly uttered.

 

“Have a good night, too.” Yeri said, cheeks already hurting from smiling too wide.

 

“Alright. Bye.” Chaeyoung quietly said and ended the phone call.

 

Now it's Chaeyoung's turn to squeal, stuffing her face on her pillows so that the sounds would be muffled; thankful at the thought that she's the only one living at the apartment. No one would bother checking up on her and disturb her little moment. That night, she had found herself sleeping peacefully; with a smile plastered on her face.

---

 

 

Third chapter is now up! Man, I really enjoyed writing this chapter. Just to let you guys know, the haunted house scene was inspired from EXO's Showtime (cue in ot12 tears ;_;) and I just improvised some of the scenes myself. I was actually an avid EXO stan before but then the member withdrawal situation happened and I kind of lost the enthusiasm. I still support them, though. I'm also glad they have been achieving so much awards and recognition even with those scandals happened.

Anyway, so much for my EXO feels, I hope you'll also like this special ChaeRi chapter ^^ One more thing, updates might be a bit delayed since I'm starting my work officially next week and I'm still not done writing the other chapters T_T I apologize in advance.

P.S.: Happy birthday to our precious cinnamon roll and resident spoiler fairy, Yeri! You're growing up so fast T_T To be honest, I was one of those people who was not really happy with the thought of having a new member last year. But thank you for proving that you are worthy to be included in Red Velvet and have improved slowly. Never ever lose your smile and continue to be the energy pill for your unnies. Thank you for existing, I love you!

 

Until the next update :)

-R.