Part 2 Final

Of course

MC

It’s been a few weeks since Chaeyoung’s confession happened, and everything is going great especially for Mina.  The once allergic-to-skinship maknae now enjoys holding hands, tight hugs, and is now frequently seen cuddling in bed with the Japanese redhead and even sleeps there.  Anyone that can see them can say that they are already a couple, but there is still no confirmation happening between the two.  They simply enjoy each other’s company, and know that what they are feeling for each other is mutual. 

One lazy afternoon, the ballerina is quietly sitting alone on the couch with a pen and paper on both hands.  She is actually checking the list of things that she wanted to do once she starts dating someone.  She made this list a few years ago when she is still is Japan just in case she actually find someone, and thankfully she did. 

Holding hands √

Hugging √

Cuddling √

Piggy back rides √  

Movie date √

Stroll at the park √

Dinner date √

Couple outfits √

The ballerina can’t help but smile remembering the moments all these things happened, and she thought to herself that she must really be a good person in her past life to deserve all of these.  Almost all the things on her list have been checked, except for one – a sweet kiss on the lips, and she’s determined to get it from her beloved maknae.

 When she was just about to stand up from the couch, the front door of their dorm opened with her source of happiness walking in.  She decided to sit back and stay still when she saw the exhausted rapper coming directly at her.  Without saying anything, the maknae sat right next to her, hugged her and nuzzled her face on the ballerina’s neck inhaling the unique scent that makes her feel comforted and relaxed.  They stayed like this for a while, with the ballerina enveloping her in a warm hug, and constantly patting the rapper’s head.  The rapper was out the whole day because of practice, and the redhead missed her big time.

“Long day, huh?” Mina asked quietly, careful not to destroy the little bubble they’ve created between themselves.

The dwarf just nodded her head, and moved closer to the ballerina tightening her hug.

It is moments like this that makes the ballerina’s heart thump faster.  It’s different from the first time Chaeng confessed her feelings.  At that moment she felt fireworks, but now she feels calm, confident, content, that her once unrequited love is now in her arms, returning the same feelings. 

After some time, the rapper now moves and disconnects from her tight embrace.  She knew that the maknae now restored some of her energy, and is ready to have a long shower to totally get rid of the exhaustion she’s feeling.  When they both stood up, Mina held Chaeng’s hands and tugged on it signalling the maknae to face her.  They both stood there looking at each other when the ballerina uttered the question that has been on her mind for a long time.

“Chaengie, do you love me?” She said with a smile.  It’s true that the maknae told her that she liked her, but loving someone is different.  She knew that for a fact because what she’s feeling now is different from what she’s feeling for Chaeng before.  Now she knew that she love the chic-rapper-with-dimples-to-die-for-dwarf-maknae standing in front of her. 

“Because I do, Chaengie.  I love you.” She simply stated.

The younger girl froze in place with her face becoming red as hell, and the ballerina just chuckled because of the sight in front of her. 

“If you love me, can you give your unnie a kiss?” Mina teased the rapper by puckering her lips, and closing her eyes. 

The maknae still stood there without moving a muscle, admiring how cute her unnie is.

When Mina didn’t feel a pair of lips against hers, she joked again while her eyes are still closed. “You don’t love me do you?”

“…..”

The older one decided it’s finally time to open her eyes, and was surprised with what she saw.  The younger girl is just looking at her directly with sadness, and a hint of disappointment in her eyes.  She didn’t know what to do.

“Hey Chaeng I was just joking.” She sounded apologetic, and decided to laugh a bit to get rid of the awkwardness.

The rapper just removed her hands away from the ballerina and looked down. 

“You still don’t get it, do you unnie?”

After saying those words Chaeng walked away, and entered their room without looking back at her unnie.

Mina just stood there speechless, hurt, confused with Chaeyoung’s reaction.  “What is it that I don’t get?” she asked herself.  This wasn’t what she expected to happen.  She just wanted a kiss from Chaeng, not this.  Never this.

 

-----

 

Mina woke up from her deep sleep feeling different from before.  There’s something missing.  She closed her eyes again and realized that the thing that’s missing is the pair of arms of her beloved maknae hugging her, and once again she feels miserable.  "Pabo Mina.  Why do you have to mess everything up?”  She decided to get up from the bed to get rid of the depressing feeling she’s having, and headed straight to the kitchen.

When she sat in front of the table, she noticed a lunch box and her precious ketchup in front of her with a sticky note on top of it.  She read the note and was surprised with what’s written on it.  We have a whole day practice today. I’ve made you breakfast. Eat it well. - Chaeng   

She opened the box, and saw scrambled eggs and kimchi fried rice inside.  Everyone knows how much she likes these, especially when she eats it with ketchup.  These made her even more confused.  “I thought she hated me?” Nonetheless, she finished her meal since the note stated that she should eat well, and it came from her favourite person in the world. 

The whole day passed with Mina just sitting in front of the tv shuffling through the channels, looking for something that would get rid of her thoughts.  And just like the note stated, the maknae line did arrive at their dorm late at night.  She immediately scanned for the dwarf maknae, but failed to find her.

“Chaeng said she still needed to buy something, and we should just go home without her.  She assured us that she won’t be too long. “ Dahyun politely informed her, sensing that the ballerina is definitely looking for her.

“Thanks Dahyun.” She said, smiling at the human tofu. 

A few minutes passed, and she heard the door open.  Chaeng came in with her big back pack, and headed straight to Mina’s room.  After a while she went out, and now proceeded to the maknae’s room.  This made Mina more confused.  She decided to close the tv and head inside their room to sleep, and to check what the hell did the rapper do inside. 

Once she entered their room, all her unnies are already asleep.  She headed to her bed, and she found a blue Stitch plushie toy staring directly at her.  She recognized it since it was the one she pointed at Chaeng when they went outside on a date about a week ago.  She wasn’t able to supress the smile that crept into her lips.  “She remembered.  But what is it that I don’t get?? She’s the one who’s acting weird.  She doesn’t talk to me, but leave me these sweet things.  She’s the one who I don’t get.” Mina thought, feeling hurt and now slightly irritated.

She dismissed these thoughts again and just laid down on her bed to sleep.  She closed her eyes, but she still couldn’t sleep.  She is missing Chaeng, yet again.  And as if on cue, the door opened.  She stayed still, and decided to keep her eyes closed thinking that it’s just one of their members looking for something.  But she heard the footsteps approaching her bed, and suddenly her bed sank.  She also felt the arms that she’s been missing on her waist hugging her, and she confirmed that it was Chaeng when she smelled the familiar scent of the maknae.  Their positions remained the same, with Mina’s back in front of Chaeng, the younger girls’s arms around the ballerina’s waist.

“I’m sorry Chaengie. Please don’t be mad anymore.” The redhead sounded, almost begging.  She really just wants them to be okay again.

“I was never mad unnie.  I was just hurt a little.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t like it when you doubt my feelings for you.  It makes me feel that what I’m doing for you is not enough.”  The maknae confessed.

Then it hit her.  Chaeyoung doesn’t like skinships.  She also doesn’t like waking up early in the morning just to stroll around the park.  She has her own style and doesn’t like having the same clothes with others.  Chaeyoung doesn’t even cook.  She also doesn’t like to stay outside at night, alone.  But the dwarf maknae did all these things.  All the things on her checklist are completed because she did it with Chaeng.  Even if the younger girl doesn’t know how to cook, the breakfast she made really tasted good.  And the ballerina even remembered that the store selling the stitch plushie is a bit far away from their dorm, but Chaeng still bought it late at night because she told her that she liked it.  She realized all these things, and now she gets it. 

 

Chaeyoung did all these because she love her unnie. 

 

Mina fixed her position, and decided to face the maknae.  She looked at Chaeng, and appreciated the beauty that is in front of her.  She just looked at the sleeping person in front of her as if memorizing every single detail of her face -- the mole on her chin, her long eyelashes, her pointed nose, and her lips that somehow curls up at the edge making her look like a sly hyena. 

“I’m sorry Chaeng.  Now I get it.”

Without opening her eyes, the rapper responded.

“Good. Now sleep.”

The ballerina now decided to close her eyes since all she needed is in front of her.  All the hurt that she felt was replaced by complete bliss. 

“You must really do love me.” Mina quietly uttered with a smile on her face while keeping her eyes close.

“……”

“She must be asleep already.” The ballerina thought until…

She felt a pair of full, plump, soft llips against her.  The pair of lips she’s been craving for so long.  It made her shiver slightly.  She felt all her hair stand up as she felt electricity travelling from her lips across every single part of her body.  Her skipped a beat, that made her breath hitch.  The kiss was warm, simple, short, but able to make her feel like flying.  It was perfect.

Chaeng disconnected the kiss and said these short words that made all the ballerina’s doubt go away.  With a smile on her face she uttered..

“…. Of course”