Final

Of course

An unusually quiet night in twice's dorm. The 9-membered girl group was reduced to two. Both had just dinner and decided to watch tv for a while. Occupying the large sofa, the older one sat with her legs stretched out while the younger girl opted for the floor having her legs crossed, elbows resting on it, and her hands supporting her round face.

"Hey Chaeng I really appreciate you staying with me for a while." Said the older girl

"No problem Mina-unnie. You know that I only live nearby so I don't mind spending an extra night." The short-haired girl responded.

The other members of the foreign line decided to spend their well-deserved vacation by going home to their countries while the other members decided to go home earlier due to the long commute. Mina's mom will be arriving Korea tomorrow so the small maknae, having the nearest house, stayed to accompany the ballerina. An hour passed and both girls started to get bored with the tv shows.

"Unnie, I think it's getting late. Aren't you sleepy yet?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing. Maybe we should already call it a day. Besides, you need sleep dwarf maknae. Haha."

"Yah! Unnie! I'm getting a bit hurt you know?!"

"I'm sorry.. Hahahah. Thank you again by the way."

The two both get up of the sofa. Chaeng picked up the remote control and turned the tv off. And both headed straight to their respective rooms. Just when Mina was about to enter their room...

"Unnie, you know that we're the only one's in here right? You can always sleep here in our room if you want."

The ballerina was taken aback by the offer but she was still able to respond. She turned around to look at the maknae, smiled shyly and nodded.

"I'll just go get my ketchup plushie."

"Okay unnie. Don't be too long" the maknae said while grinning widely.

After changing into her pajamas and getting her most precious ketchup plushie, Mina went directly to the maknae's room.

"Mina-unnie, you can just use my bed and I'll use Dahyun unnie's bed beside it. She's a bit neat freak when it comes to her things so I'll be the one using it so she won't be mad. No one stays mad at me. Haha."

"Hahaha. How can we stay mad at someone soooo tiny?!"

"Unniiiiee!"

"....and sooo cute. Happy now? Hahaha."

The rapper just laughed and smiled at the comment showing the famous dimples the ballerina just adores. After a while, the two was both laying on separate beds. Both trying to sleep but to their dismay, are both still widely awake.

"Unnie.. you still up?"

"Yep. I'm very much so. Why?"

"Nothing unnie, I'm just thinking about...stuff"

"What is it? You know you can always tell me about it right?"

"Yes I know that. But..... Nah... Nevermind.."

"Hahaha. You're too cute. Just go on and tell me. Please?"

"Okay.. Okay.. Uhhmm. I'm just wondering.... whenever a question about ideal types come up... you always pick me. Why? I'm pretty sure the other members are waaaay prettier than me. It makes me think that you're just messing with me. Aaaand please stop calling me cute. It makes me shy. Hahaha"

Mina was shocked by the question. She started to have cold sweats because of the maknae's straighforwardness. But being the older one, she decided to answer it with full honesty.

"I always pick you because...

...I like you a lot...

...you really are my style."

The ballerina simply stated Mina looked at Chaeng directly in the eye, waiting for the reaction of the younger one. She tried to remain calm, but when the rapper smiled with red-tinted cheeks the red-haired girl wasn't able to control the summer-saults she felt in her chest and the butterflies in her stomach.

The rapper was the first one to look away, and returned to her thoughts.

"You're still thinking about something"

"I'm just really confused why you have the courage to confess to someone you like without knowing for sure that the person would like you back."

"One quality that most people notice about me is my calmness. You all know that right? The major reason behind that is because I always say what I feel. Even if it's hard sometimes. And even if I confess to someone that I like them and not have the same feelings returned to me, that's fine because at least that person knows. I won't have to hide anything to them and they would know why I'm acting that way towards them."

"Doesn't it make you feel sad?"

"It does at first, but I get over it eventually...

...Just like in your case."

The younger girl just kept quiet. Listening intently on every word, but decided to ignore the last statement the ballerina just said.

"By the way.. why are you suddenly having these serious thoughts. I'm not used to it."

"Maybe because we can't sleep??... Aaaand I kinda like someone."

The last statement almost came out as a whisper but the red-haired girl still heard it.

"Yah!! Son Chaeyoung!! Spill!" "Hahahaha. It's nothing unnie! Just a simple crush."

"Do I know the person?"

"Yes."

"Tell me more."

Many thoughts went through Mina's mind. "Why did I even ask her for more? I could've just pretended that I didn't hear the last part. I'm such a fool. Pabo Myoui Mina. Now you have to endure listening to her stories while your heart slowly breaks."

"I also don't know when and how I started to like her. Honestly, we don't talk much. But when we do, I always enjoy it. She always makes me feel warm and tingly inside. And she makes me feel like there's something in me that only she can see. Hahaha. I know it's a bit cheesy but that's how I feel."

"Have you already considered telling her about it?"

"Well, yes. But I'm scared. I'm not like you unnie."

"You don't have to force yourself, it will happen eventually."

"Can I ask you one last thing unnie?"

"Spill."

"If ever I confess... .....Do you think she'll take me?"

"Who wouldn't? If she doesn't take you I'll kick her right in the bu--"

"Unnie you didn't answer my question! Haha."

Mina paused for a bit then looked again directly at Chaeng's eyes and answered.

 

"..... Of course"

With that the ballerina turned around with her back facing Chaeng. She didn't want the maknae to see her hurting. She decided to sleep and just close her watery eyes when suddenly she felt Chaeng laying down beside her. She felt the younger girl's arms on her waist hugging her. Then, she felt hot breaths on her ear and heard her whisper saying...

 

 

"Unnie.. I like you"